Topic: Cash shop Cosmetic alternate versions of bots, pimp bot

Redesigned pimp versions of existing bots not just skins/color etc

A Kain that is radically cool lookin.

Win!

Re: Cash shop Cosmetic alternate versions of bots, pimp bot

So with the obvious pink bots I thought you were asking for an actual Pimp bot, ie fur coat, medallions, shades, outrageous hat, low rider caddy. But pimped out bots is a good idea too.

+1

Yes this is the $/€ sink for the game.

Not the bot, but something you can buy that would change the look of a kain, correct?

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

I am talking about a redesigned cosmetic variation.  That would include texture and colors as well but say 25% or so of the model itself redesigned for fun and pimpness.

in theory nice. and the devs need income. but its again game features vs money makers.

pimp version takes modelers and artists.
they can make a pinped version or they can make a new bot. so the choice between new contet tha will hold players vs pimp that brings no better gameplay but brings money.

ok you can argue: more money allows you to employ more modelers and more artists ... ... but the question if its worth it. has to bring more then just a few thousand bucks to make up to it.
but with the new payment model we surely will see some pimp options.

Gotta find the right balance, you need it all. Have some faith brotha, the devs have kept the doors open this long.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

8 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2014-03-19 01:32:11)

but if you want a cool pimp system then it should be like this:

for each bot part there will be multible models.

for example head, torso and legs as most simple.
but could also be made more detailed as arm parts and upper leg, lower leg and foot. the detail grade can be tuned as far as wanted. depending primary on how much development time you want to invest.
then you could also add different models for the weapons that would be used for that blueprint.

and of cource not to forget different textures for each of the parts. maybe some logos as well that you can attach.including your corp logo.

for the implementation:
you will have a ingame bot designer window. in here you can play around with all that different looking parts, textures and colors. once you are done you can save that blueprint at a cost (Perpetuum credits). when you are in the fitting screen you can then select one of your variants from a dropdown menu. selectiting a variant will cost nothing (has already been payed) but you have to pay for more variants or for changes in the one.

of cource there have to be corp blueprints as well (of cource more expensive as for a single player). obviously thats only avalible for the corp. corp editor might only be avalible for ceo/coceo. every corp member can use the corp blueprints as long as he is a member.
the costs PC will have to be provided by the player that makes it, or there has to be a corp account where players can donate PCs just like players can donate RP atm. both options are viable.

if you do it, do it right...

yup

+attachable extras.

for example. lights, wings,  spikes .. ... ... in various sizes...

the list could go on.

Can I finally get the Hello Kitty Ictus that got me attracted to the game initially?

12 (edited by Inda 2014-03-19 02:12:17)

Hell yeah !!!

Even I will think pay for some cool looking Kain mk2 !

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Cassius wrote:

So with the obvious pink bots I thought you were asking for an actual Pimp bot, ie fur coat, medallions, shades, outrageous hat, low rider caddy. But pimped out bots is a good idea too.

If this happens, it will only be for the green bots, because they are the only bot class with hands.  Kinda hard to back hand someone when you don't have any hands....

Martha Stuart wrote:
Cassius wrote:

If this happens, it will only be for the green bots, because they are the only bot class with hands.  Kinda hard to back hand someone when you don't have any hands....

Blue bots or gtfo

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

How about besides character/corp renaming, for twice the price you can rename someone else's character/corp?

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

DEV Gargaj wrote:

How about besides character/corp renaming, for twice the price you can rename someone else's character/corp?

smile smile smile

Dev Gargaj,

Just put any cosmetic cash shop thing in on April 2nd, I'll buy it.

DEV Gargaj wrote:

lol

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV Gargaj wrote:

And thet new name should be visible tuh evry1. A nice idea for an auction.

But then, where is my tuxedo skin for a Kain?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

I'd like to see some things in the cash shop that can generate revenue:

Faction ammos.
Incubators.
T3- Gear.

I'm sure the Germans will disagree and state how they seen several highly success games become unfair battle grounds due to gold ammo... etc...

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

20 (edited by Gunner 2014-03-20 17:22:09)

This is color and texture type Cash shop in EVE, just started few days ago.

$0.25 US small ship and     $1.75 US something for large ship

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev … 1395064812

I was suggesting a step further with some model alterations, but at least interesting variants for paint.

21 (edited by Gremrod 2014-03-20 19:52:47)

Phantomburn wrote:

I'd like to see some things in the cash shop that can generate revenue:

Faction ammos.
Incubators.
T3- Gear.

I'm sure the Germans will disagree and state how they seen several highly success games become unfair battle grounds due to gold ammo... etc...

Hmm, I was going to say no issue. But I am thinking this could be an issue maybe. So hard for items like this when there is a free market in game that can be affected too.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

22 (edited by Tux 2014-03-20 22:59:37)

Ideas for PC Shop:

“Show Your Colors” Tatto’s Corp Logo on Mech

“Shine Bright” Changes color of optics (glowing eyes/elements) on mech

“Low Glow” Emits Glow at base of Mech ( circular glowing effect on ground around mech)

“Go Low Detail” Your Mech shows to you and others as the standard low detail Mesmer/Seth model , making it impossible for anyone to tell the type of mech you are driving.

“Badge of Honor” shows PvP Rank Symbol on Mech and in Player Info…. <<< Perfect time for Perp to have an “Official” Kill Board.

“Fireworks” Who doesn’t love to set off fireworks !!

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

U need make some ui changes Gargaj so players can see small picture of other players bot, what was selected by mouse. Otherwise pink iktus wont be "valuable" unless other player will come closer. People lazy they wont come closer.

24 (edited by Martha Stuart 2014-03-21 05:08:15)

So, i am curious if the devs have taken a look at the TF2 model of player created content.  I am not suggesting allowing players to create items or bots.  But what about player made Paint schemes?  or Hats? or whatever it is the devs will be selling for cosmetic stuff.  This would take some of the load off of the devs for new cosmetic items.

And if you really got ballsy, you could have something where the creator of that paint scheme or cosmetic item got, say, 10 cents per sale of that cosmetic item.

just a thought, it might not work in a game like this, but it sure as hell has worked like magic for TF2.

I'm told that most of the cosmetic content in DOTA2 is player made and sold in cash shops for the DEVs cash intake.