Re: Scheduled server downtime - 2014-03-12

Another bug, that naturally only appears on the live server roll

Yeah, I don't get this nerf to sparks either. Traveling alone in this game is the most mind numbing thing, and makes you wanna hit the screen outa frustration some times. Whoever thought this was a good idea should have his balls lcoked in a vice...

HeavyMetal wrote:
Cassius wrote:
HeavyMetal wrote:

Forget the 'Follow Nerf', Follow don't need to be Fixed, It aint Broke.

Maybe, but the same could be said about SpT.

I just cannot see how making travel more difficult in a game where travelling around absolutely sucks and is generally the #1 complaint of new players.

But forum troll campaigns are successful.
Yes I am bitter, lol. 3/4 of the possible PvP opportunities just died.

^^  Agreed on this.

Dito

Cassius wrote:
HeavyMetal wrote:

I just cannot see how making travel more difficult in a game where travelling around absolutely sucks and is generally the #1 complaint of new players.

As a new player, teleporting isn't that big of a deal.  It is more tedious running missions on an island than it is to travel from island to island even without spark points.  The new system doesn't really affect me either.  Instead of two Alpha 1 spark points and one Alpha 2 spark point, I'll be reduced to 1 and 1.  That really isn't game changing from a new player perspective.

Admittedly, if I was used to have spark points all over the place and was used to sparking from one fortification to the next within mere seconds, then yea I can see how the change would be unwelcome.  But new players?  not so much.

And we're up.

Problems with the Factory, items that are in my folder are being reported as "Error: item not found"

Papazien wrote:

Problems with the Factory, items that are in my folder are being reported as "Error: item not found"

Checking it.

Papazien wrote:

Seems ok for us. What do you mean exactly? It doesn't find the materials in your storage when you want to start manufacturing?

Yes, all my jobs were hauled after the patch, went to restart, and the error is reported.

Restarted the client, restarted the factory, removed an item from the factory line, then reload that item into the factory, and still the error "item not found"

Are we talking about a gamma factory?

yes

I just logged out, and on restart got a crash..... waiting to try again

still report as "Error: item not found"

fyi: All our corp production lines are down

same here. all jobs have no progress and are doing nothing.
i can exctact the ct and can put it back in again but as soon as i try to manufacture it sais:
Error: Item not found.

41 (edited by Azailia 2014-03-12 21:06:34)

Jadal wrote:
Cassius wrote:
HeavyMetal wrote:

As a new player, teleporting isn't that big of a deal.  It is more tedious running missions on an island than it is to travel from island to island even without spark points.  The new system doesn't really affect me either.  Instead of two Alpha 1 spark points and one Alpha 2 spark point, I'll be reduced to 1 and 1.  That really isn't game changing from a new player perspective.

Admittedly, if I was used to have spark points all over the place and was used to sparking from one fortification to the next within mere seconds, then yea I can see how the change would be unwelcome.  But new players?  not so much.

Thats the problem , you're a new player.. Try owning more than 1 beta with gamma(s) AND try to keep up with other ops or market supplying. Alpha II shouldn't cost 2 , that's absurd.. This was just a knee jerk reaction by the devs because of the forum warriors crying a river when they were on the weaker(numbers wise) side.. Once they got numbers and betas it became a non-factor for them . Some have even said the nerf was uncalled for... Spark 10 is now the new navigation .. Everyone will need to max it.

Edit: please stop bringing Eve into the travel conversation. Until I am able to setup autopilot to get me from Hersh to Tellesis and or have warp speed from one side of an island to the other while I go grab a beer it has no weight .

Gamma facilities should work again.

43 (edited by Celebro 2014-03-12 21:44:51)

Azailia wrote:
Jadal wrote:
Cassius wrote:

Thats the problem , you're a new player.. Try owning more than 1 beta with gamma(s) AND try to keep up with other ops or market supplying. Alpha II shouldn't cost 2 , that's absurd.. This was just a knee jerk reaction by the devs because of the forum warriors crying a river when they were on the weaker(numbers wise) side.. Once they got numbers and betas it became a non-factor for them . Some have even said the nerf was uncalled for... Spark 10 is now the new navigation .. Everyone will need to max it.

Wrong. This will expose players for pvp, and there is no need to max it unless you want to own the whole map. Keeping an alpha beta and gamma island and you should have enough spare slots. The time for force projection is over, please try and see the bigger picture here.

RIP PERPETUUM

I really hate to comment on SpT, especially here ... because what's done is done. I'll deal with it.

Unfortunately to clear up misconceptions I will add yet another 2 cents. If there was a actual problem, it wasn't the amount of sparks, it was the ability to instant spark multiple times that allowed for force projection OP ... And the solution does not correct the problem. A simple 10 minute cooldown would have balanced this far more than the current solution. And Celebro, I am not sure of your playing time in game but the last few months those that called for SpT nerf because we had used it to control everything, well, they simply started playing again and took over whatever they wanted, despite there being no change in SpT. And when they stopped playing, we took everything over. Bodies influenced control, not SpT.

This just proved SpT wasn't the cause of force projection. And the solution is a result of a 50 page forum campaign not logic, otherwise we'd have a 10 minute cooldown between sparks.

Whatever. The change is done. Time will tell if its good or not. But the worst part of this game, travelling, just got harder again. Anyways I don't want to debate this and I hope I will be proven wrong.

Celebro wrote:
Azailia wrote:
Jadal wrote:

Wrong. This will expose players for pvp, and there is no need to max it unless you want to own the whole map. Keeping an alpha beta and gamma island and you should have enough spare slots. The time for force projection is over, please try and see the bigger picture here.

No need to max it unless I own the whole map eh.. At max I can have 3 alpha 2 one beta one gamma.. How the hell is that owning the entire map.. This is a huge time sink no matter how you look at it.. How dare I want to maintain markets in the prime hubs for each faction and expect to go anywhere else..

The issue with maxing out is that you can be everywhere by using multiple accounts but now it's more limited. I would have gone with a cool down too, don't get me wrong. I used to play without Spt for years no one ever complained about walking and it's not a reason player left. We have mobile teleports now, before it used to cost a fortune not everyone used them as we do now.

Azalia: You want to have all alpha markets covered , beta and gamma, or you play one way or another keep to one faction. That gives room for newer guys to compete both for outpost on beta as well as on market. Of course
if you have more accounts you can still cover more areas.

Cassius: My playing time is not much at this moment but you got a lot to catch up, started shortly after release. and yes I agree more players have more control but that's not the point of the change.

RIP PERPETUUM

Can't repair atm damaged items at Tellesis Terminal

Zoom, I cannot use my repair facility on Gamma. I click on repair icon, repair facility opens, says error, item not found. I right click on damaged item >repair, repair facility opens , says error, item not found. I offlined / onlined the facility, still have the same error.

Celebro, not getting into it, you have your view I have mine ... I hope I'm wrong.

Hm since Tellesis is also affected, it doesn't seem like a gamma facility issue.

50 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2014-03-13 00:46:34)

Azailia wrote:

Thats the problem , you're a new player.. Try owning more than 1 beta with gamma(s) AND try to keep up with other ops or market supplying.

Well then, its a good thing the gamma wipe is coming, otherwise you might have to throw in the towel, and hey, if you cant handle owning multiple gamma islands and beta islands then why own them? fuuu

Reading this signature fills you with determination.