Topic: Scheduled server downtime - 2014-03-12

Server will be down for the deployment of the new player experience patch on 2014-03-12 from 12:00 server time (CET). Estimated downtime will be about 3 hours.

2 (edited by Celebro 2014-03-11 17:29:45)

Re: Scheduled server downtime - 2014-03-12

Midnight, or you meant tomorrow 12-03-2014?

edit: Ok nvm you changed the date.

RIP PERPETUUM

3 (edited by Aaron Sool 2014-03-11 17:47:11)

w00t!!! Hope it all goes well!!! When will you hit steam after this?

Edit. But gamma won't be wiped at this stage?

We're in the middle of discussions about our launch date with Valve.

And no, this patch won't include the gamma reset yet. We'll announce that at least a week before it happens.

And a heads-up: the patch will include the long overdue slot system for spark teleports.

DEV Zoom wrote:

And a heads-up: the patch will include the long overdue slot system for spark teleports.

What about the break follow, on target change?

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

What about the break follow, on target change?

That's still half complete, so not yet.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Given that you have a tendency to ask our opinion and do what the *** you want, any confirmation on what the spark change will be?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

See this post.

And the long awaited blog post telling us what the hell is going on?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

This week.

so the week after next. Cool!

we cant hold off on the spark change until after Gamma wipe? A lot of people will have assets scattered everywhere that they can no longer get too...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

So to recap (please correct if wrong):

1. Patch tomorrow - New player experience and Spark Teleport Nerf. Improved NPC AI?

2. Gamma wipe

3. Follow nerf

4. Steam release?

ETA for all: 1 month 2 or 6?

RIP PERPETUUM

Shadowmine wrote:

we cant hold off on the spark change until after Gamma wipe? A lot of people will have assets scattered everywhere that they can no longer get too...

What do you mean they can't get to their assets? I don't get it.

RIP PERPETUUM

Forget the 'Follow Nerf', Follow don't need to be Fixed, It aint Broke.

you have stuff in 10 locations as you have spark teleport 10. Multiply times 4 accounts. that's 40 locations with assets. After spark change I can only go to maybe 12 locations. now I have to walk and haul my stuff from every terminal and outpost. just makes more sense to do spark change same time as gamma wipe to me...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

The spark nerf is ***.. As a person bored with the game increasing travel time isn't going to pull me or others back.. Time sinks in travel have always been a big pain in the balls in every mmo . Most change them to make travel faster , you guys are going the other direction..

But hey , this is still early access , maybe we will get something back for the loss come gold release.

Well in a sense, sparks in Perpetuum can be compared to jump clones in EVE which are used mostly to have on strategic stations. The real differences is skill there goes to lvl 5(aka less teleport locations) and world map of EVE is pretty much huge. Existence of sparks to my opinion is important as long as not too many locations are recorded. Its both an ease and a tactical feature, just if the game is to get more people sure more islands are needed. In other words the best solution is enlarge the world to be able to facilitate more active corporations in the near future making locking out of gameplay parts less possible

Patch notes:
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2014-03-12

Admin access only, any ETA.

RIP PERPETUUM

Unexpected bugs as always, hopefully we're up by 17:00.

HeavyMetal wrote:

Maybe, but the same could be said about SpT.

I just cannot see how making travel more difficult in a game where travelling around absolutely sucks and is generally the #1 complaint of new players.

But forum troll campaigns are successful.
Yes I am bitter, lol. 3/4 of the possible PvP opportunities just died.

Bump, srry just wanted to check the time.

Cassius wrote:
HeavyMetal wrote:

Maybe, but the same could be said about SpT.

I just cannot see how making travel more difficult in a game where travelling around absolutely sucks and is generally the #1 complaint of new players.

But forum troll campaigns are successful.
Yes I am bitter, lol. 3/4 of the possible PvP opportunities just died.

^^  Agreed on this.