Re: Improved NPC AI

BadAss wrote:

this is just fun for older players. I sympathize with corporations which will be from scratch to explore their knowledge base, to save the kernel with this innovation. imho perp die

because NPCs difficulty is on the level of an asian grinder, their loot drop has to be on level of an asia grinder.
perp is dying for 4 years now...

each year probably represents one of the five stages of death.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
BadAss wrote:

this is just fun for older players. I sympathize with corporations which will be from scratch to explore their knowledge base, to save the kernel with this innovation. imho perp die

because NPCs difficulty is on the level of an asian grinder, their loot drop has to be on level of an asia grinder.
perp is dying for 4 years now...

each year probably represents one of the five stages of death.

So you suggest making it HARD for newer players?  Make it more engaging for mobs that drop hardly any escalated loot?  Are you like a CSM or something after reading through the forums I feel like everyone has an opinion here.  Then there is this guy named Annihilator, who sits in the corner and says something completely opposite.

BattleHammer420 wrote:

So you suggest making it HARD for newer players?  Make it more engaging for mobs that drop hardly any escalated loot?  Are you like a CSM or something after reading through the forums I feel like everyone has an opinion here.  Then there is this guy named Annihilator, who sits in the corner and says something completely opposite.

i don't say something completely oppositte of all others - i just say it different in most cases.
You seriously lack reading comprehension skills when you read my post the way you did...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:
BattleHammer420 wrote:

i don't say something completely oppositte of all others - i just say it different in most cases.
You seriously lack reading comprehension skills when you read my post the way you did...

My reading comprehension is fine.  I'm used to a community that's not for having its hand held every step of the way and finds ways to amuse themselves.  How ever 99% of the players in this thread are content with orange npcs the way they are but you.  So let's cater it to the one masochist who thinks time risking his bot and equipment to spawns that once every 3 hours drops a tiered item is soooooo fun!  Woohoo!!! 

We had a great time on novaya with jasdemi, black ice and billy farming beacons.  Now that got nerfed too??  Do you guys even want players to have FUN?   The fun part is getting T2-T4 loot drops.  Theres no fun in mindless farming at a static spawn.  I have two accounts this is my miner/follow bot account.  Now your telling me I need to do crappier spawns do my follow doesn't die??  Now I have to train hardcore into shields ?? 

And another thing, why do green bots neut, suppress and ECM ?  It's like you make group play but there's 65 people playing, wtf?  Hello?  Ewar needs to chill out on these lower tier mobs.

180 (edited by BadAss 2014-08-18 17:05:32)

I come in test server and see, NPC killed my support robot if use remote radar or remote armor repair, after this update, please give me back my op I spent on the remote radar and remote armor repair and remote energy transfer.

p.s. what about the NEXUS in the future? the robot support will also be killed if you use it? you a warn me, I don't want to waste the OP and then it will turn out that meaning in it neutral

p.s.s I think this update should be called - counter strike (code name) lol

to change the beta of the island, gamma Islands, please refrain and don't touch the alpha

Just @ Game

BattleHammer420 wrote:

And another thing, why do green bots neut, suppress and ECM ?  It's like you make group play but there's 65 people playing, wtf?  Hello?  Ewar needs to chill out on these lower tier mobs.

QFT

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

So.  If Orange npcs target follow bots, does this mean its wide open season on dropping beacons on players again?  smile

BadAss this mechanic you see on testserver was normal for 4 years, until recent patch removed that. As I could not find pathcnote that it was removed by intention, it might be normal bugfix. Sad for you to spend EP to have benefit from bug for weeks (all of use benefitted, so don't feel bad).

In the end, before that bug came in, it was usual for remote rep bot to use shield and EECM. This helped for most NPCs. For harder NPCs you should think about Support Bot for the Support Bot.

its a bit different, goffer, The way this is implemented.
I had a bit more faith in CRM then what i could experience on PTS a few minutes ago.

orange npcs aggro you automatically when you TRY to activate one of the said modules - they ALL aggro you, even if you try to RSA a ground tile (which throws out an error).

the way it is now, its far easier to farm orange npcs solo, because you only aggro the one NPC that you lock, and then all of the same spawner. this RSA aggro is like the most effective taunt ever seen lol (and could be exploited as such)

if this "Taunt" would only work no NPCs that are already "in combat", it wouldn't be a half bad bandaid to what it should actually fix.

so, this series of baindaids - orange, no leash, aggro
-> its just probably much less work and far more effective fix to make all npcs red again, and leash back to their home-zones.

so i stay true to my initial post: don't put to much work in fixing the bandaid "orange npcs"...

185 (edited by BadAss 2014-08-21 13:15:05)

what is the reason to make difficult PVE (farm)? what now disgusting, stupid PVP? so can pvp must be changed? not to make life difficult for those for who pvp is not important.

p.s. I was just wondering who interferes with alpha Islands as they work now... hmm

make better reset the server, clean OP for all agents. let all equal from the outset collect kernel and study base

=== hard farm = little pvp === (die your brain)

Just @ Game

BadAss wrote:

what is the reason to make difficult PVE (farm)? what now disgusting, stupid PVP? so can pvp must be changed? not to make life difficult for those for who pvp is not important.

p.s. I was just wondering who interferes with alpha Islands as they work now... hmm

make better reset the server, clean OP for all agents. let all equal from the outset collect kernel and study base

Not sure what you just said.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

----LESS QQ AND MORE ATTENTION TO REAL STUFF----

http://i.imgur.com/HIhLkxE.jpg

This is what you have to look forward too.

The change you have performed on the test server has made it possible to drop a 1 star beacon on anyone's follow bot and have the follow bot catch agro.

In the picture 1 beacon was dropped Near the follow bot and after 1 Energy transfer went off the entire beacon agro straight to him all the NPCs within a 350 M range.  How will this be used?  Offensively on Alpha to grief people.

In a Masked cam mk2 you are able to get close enough to a follow bot to drop the beacons and activate them before the reaction time to turn off the modules is able to be performed.  Not to mention if the main combat is in the middle of a spawn.

Before pushing this mechanic through please fix this.  Or it WILL be used on the live server.

Thank you.

Thanks Ville, we'll check it out. Those beacons have a lot of sharp edges...

beacons? i wonder how this can be used to draw a whole 5th star spawn right into a hostile PvP group to kill them with the AoE from the easier-to-kill npcs.

Annihilator wrote:

beacons? i wonder how this can be used to draw a whole 5th star spawn right into a hostile PvP group to kill them with the AoE from the easier-to-kill npcs.

In Theory you should be able to put an energy transfer on a small fast bot ( energy transfer a NPC) have the spawn agro you, then drag the Spawn over to someones follow bot by means of kiting.

Please test this as well.

Ville wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

In Theory you should be able to put an energy transfer on a small fast bot ( energy transfer a NPC) have the spawn agro you, then drag the Spawn over to someones follow bot by means of kiting.

Please test this as well.

you don't need to transfer to any thing - its enough trying to activate the module on a ground tile (throws an error message that its impossible, but the taunt is applied).
Testing NPC stuff no PTS is currently hard to do, if the lag has not improved since yesterday.

Agreed.  Lag was horrindish.

DEV Crm wrote:

Thanks Ville, we'll check it out. Those beacons have a lot of sharp edges...

The way I read that, the beacon isn't the problem, the using a 10 ton jackhammer instead of a scalpel to fix a non-issue is.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

'Murica!

Two fixes are now out on the test server:

• NPCs spawning from beacons/artifacts will attack the activating player(s) again.

• Orange NPCs will now only aggro on remote support modules if the player that's being supported has also aggro. (Thanks Ville for pointing that out.)

With those changes Zoom can we have loot cans from aoe explosions back?

im not ville

Use pictures next time.

Ville wrote:

Use pictures next time.

i have considered it....

When has this patch been scheduled to be pushed to live server?