1 (edited by Kokomut 2014-02-09 01:02:28)

Topic: Server lagging all day

things takes forever to load, tp, undocking, spark. Please feed the hamster

Re: Server lagging all day

Anyone else?

Pretty much everyone in our TeamSpeak (20 peeps or so).

4 (edited by Kokomut 2014-02-09 02:39:30)

it's playable, but everything that needs interaction - station, tp, mobile tp, missions, takes a long time to even have something pop up. Like if you interact with a tp, the screen to jump won't even come up for 2 minutes.

But mining, ratting seems fine. Feels like anything that needs to pull a list is having problem, so I'm thinking database problem.

Is it connected to specific islands perhaps?

Docking up or using tps today on Daoden and Shinjar took a long time. Ping was fine.

can't undock, stuck at loading bar

Hi,

Iam currently living in France, but since about 2 weeks i get serious lag , it takes 5 min to open the window for a beacon teleport, about the same time for the teleport window and docking process. The game looks fluid, low ping but sometimes it happen. No big deal so far, it happen few times a day.
And I have noticed that it was always in hershfield, i dont really move out of hersh so i dunno about the others islands.

It's the same on all red islands as well

It is not on a particular island.  its all over the world.  It can take up to a minute to spark from one terminal to another.  Also, once you get to the terminal it can take an additional 30-45 secs for personal and corp storage to load.

yes sometimes it take some pic lagging ...
especially when we try to use teleport
in alfa i had it lots of time thinking it was my network connection but it isn't
and after 2/3 min server response is fine again.

Zoom I can also confirm this its not attached to any specific island. Its the WHOLE GAME. when ever you dock or un dock or try to do anything related to storage's / sparking / teleporting / chatting or what name you its a lag fest consistently it presists through reboots, re logs, and re installs.

PLEASE fix it so the game is playable .... right now its HARD to say the least to do anything in game.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Thanks for the hints, we're trying to find what's behind it.

14 (edited by Burial 2014-02-15 01:37:41)

I would look very closely if setting up market orders is causing the server to lag. Same applies to canceling the orders. I canceled about 20 orders and the server had a 5 minute hiccup that everyone experienced.

We have taken the test server offline so we have a clear view on the database processes without interference.

It's possible that the lag was actually caused by the test server. Is it still happening?

17 (edited by Shadowmine 2014-02-18 03:30:04)

Teleport lag is still there for sure, 90 secs to use the last teleport I just used.

Edit: And docking now too...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

I think the game just died .. takes 5+ minutes to send chat text and or open folders in hangers

ZOOM !! Please help

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.