Re: Incoming gamma changes and gamma-only wipe

Greensward wasn't really a siege, but if you ignore the buildings that got taken/recycled the loot was negligible compared to Xia/Mhe.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Jita wrote:

We have already displayed the ability to crush our enemies at will. Anything else is just boredom.

Tell it to Imidero Beyatch. cool

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Norrdec, unfortunate, but all good. We both know you'll be back. If I were you I just would have pushed, worse case would have been a few bill in turret and building losses for us if you would have successfully breached Imi, best case would have been you could have taken the main terminal on Imi ... Dunno if I should say this, but AFTER everyone moved all their possible *** out, and the 3000 scarab runs from Imi to Hersh, the terminal still dropped 250 000 U of *** when we deconned it. It would have been worth your time even to just take the shot.

Hindsight ...

given that the purpose of any attack would be to reset as much of the exploited stuff STC had as possible its kinda a waste of time if it was evacced.

Not a popular idea but, beacons pits and missions were broken for a long time players have taken a lot of advantages from this, wipe all assets when you launch in Steam, just leave research and EP intact the rest goes including all NIC.

RIP PERPETUUM

Lol

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Perceptor wrote:

given that the purpose of any attack would be to reset as much of the exploited stuff STC had as possible its kinda a waste of time if it was evacced.

What exploited stuff? We have more destroyable turrets on just one of our tele walls than you guys have assets in total on Kraslovsk, including *** stupid people haven't evacced yet. so you could still do economic damage to us if you had really wanted to, or were capable, of doing.

But we will still help wipe Kraslovsk.

108 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2014-02-24 23:16:40)

Celebro wrote:

Not a popular idea but, beacons pits and missions were broken for a long time players have taken a lot of advantages from this, wipe all assets when you launch in Steam, just leave research and EP intact the rest goes including all NIC.

Given ICE is sold in game for Nic i dont think the DEVs can do this. But a full asset only Wipe +1

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Cassius wrote:
Perceptor wrote:

What exploited stuff? We have more destroyable turrets on just one of our tele walls than you guys have assets in total on Kraslovsk, including *** stupid people haven't evacced yet. so you could still do economic damage to us if you had really wanted to, or were capable, of doing.

I think they are talking about all the Chaos structures we deconned and hauled off of Landers Bridge that were bought and paid for by "exploiting" missions on Norhoop....

Or all the structures we took over from 62nd/12 on Langruhm that were built from "exploiting" missions on Dom...

Oh wait, maybe it was the structures we took over from phm that were built from all the tasty beacon loot from "exploited" mission running...

That's probly what they are talking about Cassius. I am sure they are not trying to say that the missions we did were exploits, and the missions they did weren't... These guys are not known for being hypocrites....

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Zoom:

I think this thread has run it's course.. It seems to have degenerated into accusations of exploiting and the introduction of topics that have nothing to do with the proposed gamma reset.

Shadowmine wrote:
Cassius wrote:
Perceptor wrote:

I think they are talking about all the Chaos structures we deconned and hauled off of Landers Bridge that were bought and paid for by "exploiting" missions on Norhoop....

Or all the structures we took over from 62nd/12 on Langruhm that were built from "exploiting" missions on Dom...

Oh wait, maybe it was the structures we took over from phm that were built from all the tasty beacon loot from "exploited" mission running...

That's probly what they are talking about Cassius. I am sure they are not trying to say that the missions we did were exploits, and the missions they did weren't... These guys are not known for being hypocrites....

This is exactly what I meant.

Never did a mission crew checking in.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Cassius wrote:

Norrdec, unfortunate, but all good. We both know you'll be back. If I were you I just would have pushed, worse case would have been a few bill in turret and building losses for us if you would have successfully breached Imi, best case would have been you could have taken the main terminal on Imi ... Dunno if I should say this, but AFTER everyone moved all their possible *** out, and the 3000 scarab runs from Imi to Hersh, the terminal still dropped 250 000 U of *** when we deconned it. It would have been worth your time even to just take the shot.

Hindsight ...

There was apparently the bigger picture and our inner corp politics to take into consideration about Imidero... Hindsight and hungarians, yeah but what can you do. We're not going anywhere though, just gonna carebear around Alpha until Zoom decides if he wants to poop or pee.

And ofc with all the assets piled up its not even a question if steamlings will be curbstomped into the ground, only question is how hard and by who. big_smile

Jita wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:
Cassius wrote:

This is exactly what I meant.

Never did a mission crew checking in.

Imidero was built on the backs of the STC mining fleet, not on missions. 30 + Riveler Mk 2's on the field is a powerful thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwK8DZ734HE smile

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Jita wrote:

Its too late Zoom.

The enemy has very deceitfully taken advantage of the Gamma ceasefire to launch an offensive all over the game. So far, we have had it pretty easy here. But we seem to be the exception.

Charlie has hit every major military target in Nia, and hit 'em hard. In Kraslov, the Bastion has been overrun by suicide squads. Rhaoshan is standing by to be overrun.

Given your inability to meet a timescale has basically precipitated this I look forward to you discussing reimbursement.

^^^  This was well done.   Fantastic.   9.5 out of 10.

all i see i ppl *** around because they cant / dont want to defend themselves.

the anounced gamma wipe was not a freeze of the game. all it said was that it will be wiped in the near future. the game keeps running. so if you have assets on gamma you can either protect them until the wipe happens or you can evac them before that happens. oh.. and let me mention: you already had weeks of time to do that.

all i see  (again) is the wine of ppl that dont defend their stuff and *** afterwards that its the devs fault, or that its the enemies fault. why not gods fault?

this is a game. and its running. if you assumed that it is save in a pvp area then its not sombody else fault. its your own fault for asuming wrong. or not playing the game and protecting your stuff. a lot can happen in a week. and what the hell has that to do with a gamma wipe?
well maybe because you assumed that you get a easy haul off and just going inactive. well guess whos fault it is.

and if more ppl would play instead of "waiting for the wipe" then it might happen to a few more ppl.

tldr:
dont blame others for your own faults!

Nobody is upset or whining about some turrets getting PVE'd on Kras, but a lot of us aren't happy with Zoom because the whole gamma reset thing was handled completely unprofessionally from the beginning. Starting with the initial announcement he made in some random thread on some random page, then getting spiteful like a child when people called him out on it needing to be a proper announcement so people are aware, then delaying and postponing.

But like I sad, we're all aware what "quality" developers we're dealing with so no hard feelings. Internet robots haven't been serious business for a long time now, and steam will happen only once.

*edit: Offensive, discussing moderation. - DEV Zoom

118 (edited by Jita 2014-02-25 16:26:24)

I think calling the game running is not really accurate. The game itself is in a coma and gamma is dead. There really is no point in playing gamma games for anything other than e-bushido.

Zoom was right to tell us early but should have clearly set out timescales and a freeze in operations as the current situation basically demands a player base which is already downtrodden pay and play for a game that even the devs know to be hopelessly broken.

I and a lot of the biker gang just refuse to do that. We've put up with this for years now but enough is enough. I can deal with the thousands of man hours getting deleted if its for the games good but *** wasting my time pretending that its not going to happen while the devs miss any and every timescale they give.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Even IF Zoom made a....

It really wouldn't matter, at this point Zoom is Dammed if he does, and Dammed if he doesn't.

All that I see Zoom now is your personal punching bag, that if he doesn't do exactly what you wish they you tantrum out, with threats of leaving / unsubbing.

Don't worry Zoom next time I get mad, or *** I'll just call you names, and I will feel all better.  smile

Just think of this as speeding up the time frame for wiping gamma, were doing you a service in the end.  You can thank us later.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Really should send a big pack of beer to Zoom

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

121 (edited by Burial 2014-02-26 07:23:10)

Missing a deadline is something unheard of in MMO companies and forming a strategy around it is a firm POA. roll

Seriously, are you just whining here for the sake of whining? Suck it up buttercup.

Zoom said 1-2 weeks as if it's a done deal. That placed the wipe smackbang in the middle of our siege plan, which was perfectly fine since we just postponed it. A gamma-wipe only saves you some stockpiles of stuff, which would be relevant if the game hasn't been at the point where everyone has infinite amounts of stuff for years. 

None of us are whining or upset, because we have nothing to be upset about. We are winning our fights and sieges with only a token number of people, without even sounding the proverbial horn of goondor. We're simply saying it's unprofessional and could have be handled much better, without giving hard deadlines that in hindsight couldn't be met.

There's 3 things to do ingame, grind minerals, grind mobs, grind gamma/players. Only gamma/players was somewhat fun to do, so until we can again do that in peace without wipes and resets looming on the horizon, we'll carebear on Alpha. No point wasting effort on stuff that can potentially be wiped out willynilly.  At the very least I'm sure slaughtering steam players will be entertaining for a few weeks, we'll see whats the situation after that dwindles down.

DEV Zoom wrote:

The wipe is currently slated about 3 weeks from now, around the end of the month, but this also depends on how testing of the new mechanics will go.

I tried to be vague enough here, sorry if it came through as a "hard deadline".

DEV Zoom wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

The wipe is currently slated about 3 weeks from now, around the end of the month, but this also depends on how testing of the new mechanics will go.

I tried to be vague enough here, sorry if it came through as a "hard deadline".

I see what you did there smile  BTW I read that and see 21 days 2 hr 34min 23 secs. So yeah , you were WAY to hard on that timeline..

The truth of the matter is this , they couldn't break into the STC primary gamma and need an excuse to cover over that simple fact.. From all the chest pounding they do you would think 3 weeks would be plenty time to take an island. But these are also the same players that claim how awesome they are for taking betas then 3 weeks later say they wont play until the gamma wipe because without gamma there is nothing to do.. They talk out of both sides of their mouths and sometimes (more often than not) their ***..

125 (edited by Burial 2014-02-26 18:15:07)

Your chest-beating and coulda-woulda put aside, here's a fact you need to acknowledge:

Imidero island is the only Gamma island that has never been conquered. Period.

You didn't even get behind any teleport defenses, much less survive on the island without a terminal or kill any of the thousands of turrets we have there. You can not break into the island head-on and sneaking in is futile because you can't build a base or take over any of the structures to provide you any sort of cover. Saying anything else is just willful ignorance or insufficient understanding of gamma mechanics, you decide.

I don't care about whatever happens in the future. We won pre-Gamma 2.0 round and that's it.