Re: Incoming gamma changes and gamma-only wipe

Given that when you say three weeks you normally actually mean thirty four years and a kidney can I make a suggestion that you allow whoever is willing to have you move their gamma stuff now rather than on when you get the patch out. This takes the time pressure off and prevents sore anus.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

77 (edited by Celebro 2014-02-22 20:56:08)

I heard they are pushing the virtual tutorial island first on test server, then the gamma wipe will follow. Really unfortunate as the playerbase just dips even further awaiting the wipe.

RIP PERPETUUM

Blackice001 wrote:

Jita is just a kill board monger.. listen to his argument of wanting to kill industrials with no risk.... how's that a challenging pvp ?> that's a crap pvp player looking for easy defenseless targets to pad his kill board.  absolutely drop a terminal on a mining spot and make the crap pvp guys shoot a few turrets to get to the easy defenseless targets.

I logged in to specifically to punish you for that idiotic remark.

http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=256167

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

Given that when you say three weeks you normally actually mean thirty four years and a kidney can I make a suggestion that you allow whoever is willing to have you move their gamma stuff now rather than on when you get the patch out. This takes the time pressure off and prevents sore anus.

We can do it for you.

when wipe gamma? why not to make dumping all of accounts? all the same game corpse

Just @ Game

Burial wrote:
Jita wrote:

We can do it for you.

no never again.

fail troll is fail

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Its too late Zoom.

The enemy has very deceitfully taken advantage of the Gamma ceasefire to launch an offensive all over the game. So far, we have had it pretty easy here. But we seem to be the exception.

Charlie has hit every major military target in Nia, and hit 'em hard. In Kraslov, the Bastion has been overrun by suicide squads. Rhaoshan is standing by to be overrun.

Given your inability to meet a timescale has basically precipitated this I look forward to you discussing reimbursement.

Jita: I'm sorry but whatever arrangements you have made within the game is part of the game. We haven't made any statements that gamma is a safe place from now on, just because a wipe is coming (how could we even).

Reimbursements can only be based and will be based on the actual state of gammas when the wipe happens. I know the plan was to do it at the end of this month, which is still possible, but it's more likely that it will slip over to the beginning of March. Our apologies, the content development of the tutorial takes more time than anticipated.

Jita wrote:

Its too late Zoom.

The enemy has very deceitfully taken advantage of the Gamma ceasefire to launch an offensive all over the game. So far, we have had it pretty easy here. But we seem to be the exception.

Charlie has hit every major military target in Nia, and hit 'em hard. In Kraslov, the Bastion has been overrun by suicide squads. Rhaoshan is standing by to be overrun.

Given your inability to meet a timescale has basically precipitated this I look forward to you discussing reimbursement.

What gamma cease fire? Game is still on going, rules haven't changed, not bothering defending your stuff because a wipe is incoming is not an excuse.

RIP PERPETUUM

85 (edited by Norrdec 2014-02-23 16:56:06)

Jita wrote:

Its too late Zoom.

Just stop as many subs as possible until the gamma wipe is in. Get enough subs out of the picture and I bet we're all gonna be suprised just how fast stuff gets done when proper motivation is applied.

Ground lost during inactivity can be regained, wouldn't be the first time.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Jeez you guys should watch more Vietnam movies.

Jita wrote:

Jeez you guys should watch more Vietnam movies.

I enjoyed your handcrafted movie quote Jita...

This is my robot. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My robot is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my robot is useless. Without my robot, I am useless. I must fire my lasers true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my robot and myself are defenders of my corporation, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

88 (edited by OptiKhan 2014-02-23 19:28:42)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Jita: I'm sorry but whatever arrangements you have made within the game is part of the game. We haven't made any statements that gamma is a safe place from now on, just because a wipe is coming (how could we even).

Reimbursements can only be based and will be based on the actual state of gammas when the wipe happens. I know the plan was to do it at the end of this month, which is still possible, but it's more likely that it will slip over to the beginning of March. Our apologies, the content development of the tutorial takes more time than anticipated.

Then you should NEVER HAD SAID A DAMN THING! 

/endsubscription x12 accts

Some people play checkers, some play chess...  Once in a while you can find a guy playing GO.  The former is prey, the secondary is a teacher, and the latter is a general.

OptiKhan wrote:

Because "Hey guys, we're wiping gamma tomorrow" in the middle of some large scale gamma op, without any previous warning would have been better? Come on.

I know the whole wipe thing doesn't make players happy either way, but announcing it ahead was the better choice, even if this meant that people barely play anymore.

90 (edited by Burial 2014-02-24 00:35:20)

I don't understand the whole not playing because of the imminent wipe perception. Makes one believe like Gammas are only for building – well here's a newsflash – they are actually built for using.

DEV Zoom wrote:
OptiKhan wrote:

Because "Hey guys, we're wiping gamma tomorrow" in the middle of some large scale gamma op, without any previous warning would have been better? Come on.

I know the whole wipe thing doesn't make players happy either way, but announcing it ahead was the better choice, even if this meant that people barely play anymore.

It would have been a much better choice to announce a deadline when you know you can make it, instead of screwing up everyone's plans then half-assing and postponing stuff for 2-3-4-5-indefinite-weeks because walking the walk is harder then talking the talk.

But no hard feelings, that's why you work where you work and we understand that. It just means we'll spend a bit longer mining and carebearing on Alpha.

92 (edited by Cassius 2014-02-23 22:41:26)

Jita, you said last night in Gen Chat that you guys were 60% breached into Imidero, and an attack was imminent, within the next day ... and then the Devs announce the impending Gamma wipe. Why if you have all the manpower in the bicycle gang, ready and organized, would you guys simply say *** it and log off until the wipe?

Our immediate reaction was "secure our *** and then destroy as much of your *** as possible before the wipe".

And thats what we are doing. I'm surpised you guys didn't carry thru with your plans and even more surprised you all stopped playing. But its your alliance choice to do that. Quite honestly, if I had know the result of me making the Gamma Balance thread was to STOP you from attacking us, I never would have. Imi was stripped and prepped for defence, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one looking forward to the fight from my side.

Doesn't matter all good, you do what you do, we do what we do ... Norrdec is right that anything can be rebuilt again, anyways.

I'm a little surprised anyone is surprised about how things are playing out. STC is being STC by attacking ghost town targets. Zoom is being Zoom by knee-jerk reacting to every forum whine while making piss poor estimates on development time.

I'm sad to say but this game is doomed unless someone buys it out and pumps some real money into it.

Posting with last subbed account. All my *** is in Alpha, and no you can't have my stuff.

My corp mate has lost a Scarab a day ago. Please reimburse because gamma is getting wiped. Thanks!

95 (edited by Martha Stuart 2014-02-24 06:14:40)

tbh, I'm a bit surprised by our opponents quitting as well.  I am using the Gamma wipe to get a free ride for all my crap from all of our gamma's.  I have run ever beacon I can get my grubby little mitts on, and mined ridiculous amounts of materials all in anticipation of the gamma wipe.  This is on top of all the crap I moved myself.  This will be the biggest scarab run in the games history.  And you don't have to do a god dam thing.

Our gamma's have had more people using them then I have ever seen before, because everyone knows it all gets moved for free.  I assumed everyone would be doing this.  You should see the noralgis fields.  *** cray.

If life gives you lemons, mine a bunch of *** and have it moved to alpha free of charge

Cassius, we had to make a decision based on Zoom's "wipe imminent in 1-2 weeks". Attacking at that point in those circumstances risked getting wiped from underneath us, essentially wasting our time, even in ideal conditions where we completely wiped all defenses and donuted terminals with little to no resistance or problems. Best solution with the intel we had was to abort the campaign and retreat to Alpha until wipe was done/Steam hit, since theres nothing else to do in-game.

Nothing suprising really, Zoom pulls this kind of sh*t every time.

Zoom wipes gamma's all the time?

Don't ya think your being a bit hard on Zoom?

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Excuses, excuses, sounds like you just burned yourself out.

99 (edited by Norrdec 2014-02-24 09:34:17)

Zoom's 1-2 weeks timeline threw a big wrench in our plan, in hindsight we could have banked on Zoom sticking to his usual routine of missing every deadline they make by months and attacked Imidero anyway. But we walked away from our three sieges with plenty of assets to pay for the campaign and make good bank, so there was no sense in investing into a siege that might get wiped and reset mid-way.

Hindsight is a b*tch, nothing to get excited about. We'll just be carebearing a bit until :stuff: needs to happen.

We have already displayed the ability to crush our enemies at will. Anything else is just boredom.