26 (edited by Aaron Sool 2014-01-20 19:51:52)

Re: Fool me once shame on you....... adios everyone.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Aaron Sool wrote:

Were talking bout 1000s of gaming hours on rebuilding the gamma islands. Will there be a compensation for that? I think not. And I feel bad for those that have done it. I can almost hear the air zipping out of their balloon...

I don't want to diminish the impact of this all, but that's a quite skewed view. If you were entertained during those 1000s of hours then you haven't lost anything what this or any game is primarily about.

Well I'm sure alot of planning etc went into forming the gammas to the corps liking. Some of them must have thought they would keep it. Then it doesn't matter how fun it was doing it when you can't reap what you sow. I sure as hell would be quite bummed if I were one of them. But now I'm not one of them, so if every1 of those guys thinks it gr8. Then who am I to complain?

Edited for crappy spelling. tongue

Shadowmine wrote:
Ville wrote:

I don't want to cut you down too much but I think you've seen a disconnect between what you want this game to do and what you think it does versus what the players actually do and what players want to achieve.  Even if you make this change roaming gammas not going to be like roaming beta.  The only thing your doing is letting gate campers have a chance and people who have max detectors.  Honestly you fix nothing.

This isnt about making Gammas Like Betas and you know it. Gamma needs to be more dynamic and this is the first step.I can even dig up your forum posts advocating doing it if you need me to. At this point we just need to try and help the DEV's do it in the most effective way possible.

Reverse psychology at it's finest.  I don't personally care.  But lets be honest with ourselves.  Have we ALL not already thought of 5 work around fixes for this?  I know we have.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Wait, workaround fix for what? Nothing is set on stone yet afaik.

Don't be naïve.  Speculation in itself helps to provide insight and to be honest we are batting at a thousand atm.

Shadowmine wrote:

Other than Optikhan, I don't know of anyone really who doesn't want this change... At least anyone who has spent any time exploring gamma content anyway... I think you are sensationalizing the topic tbh.

The reason you don't know of anyone is because the 10-20 guys playing the game are the only ones who didn't already quit after major game-changing patches. For reference, this used to be a game with 3 ~1000-2000 strong alliances.

Not everybody quit because of that ofcourse, but a large portion of people and corps certainly did.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

DEV Zoom wrote:

I don't want to diminish the impact of this all, but that's a quite skewed view. If you were entertained during those 1000s of hours then you haven't lost anything what this or any game is primarily about.

Yes we were entertained, but who's to say we'll be able keep the prime locations that we already worked so hard to defend.  Our corp had a very real plan in place and lots of work to do before steam launch.  We not only have to start over, But there is a very real chance it will be even more difficult to achieve.   On the plus side, I see the benefit to many for the reset, even if its not going to benefit us directly.

Thank god you are finally doing this, you could've listened when ppl explained why you should've done this a long time ago, but I'M NOT EVEN MAD. gjk

33 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-23 21:57:15)

DaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaminnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

SSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTCCCCCCCCCC  neeeeeedsss  your heeeellllppppppppppp

I think its a great idea to reset Gamma. 

Also I think the changes are good (I hated 100 foot sheer walls made from dirt it was stupid) so long as they supplement the loss of vertical walls with structure walls that can be destroyed. 

Just make sure to do the reset just before steam launch.  I will come back for sure when that happens, and look forward to building another base, without 50 hours of vertical wall terraforming.

The old Gamma sucked.  Make impenetrable islands that would take days to terraform into and were boring as hell to defend (granted the 5 vs 5 base wars was part of the problem...but having a terraform war was lame)

Also hows the population in game looking?  Been bit by a nasty ARPG bug but will probably be in the mood for sex robots come fall...how far off are we from steam here?

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

STRANGER!!!!! I MISS YOU!!!

Seeing Daza & Stranger post makes me feel all warm & fuzzy big_smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Stranger Danger wrote:

I think its a great idea to reset Gamma. 

Also I think the changes are good (I hated 100 foot sheer walls made from dirt it was stupid) so long as they supplement the loss of vertical walls with structure walls that can be destroyed. 

Just make sure to do the reset just before steam launch.  I will come back for sure when that happens, and look forward to building another base, without 50 hours of vertical wall terraforming.

The old Gamma sucked.  Make impenetrable islands that would take days to terraform into and were boring as hell to defend (granted the 5 vs 5 base wars was part of the problem...but having a terraform war was lame)

Also hows the population in game looking?  Been bit by a nasty ARPG bug but will probably be in the mood for sex robots come fall...how far off are we from steam here?

Which ARPG?

Steam launch:

My Body Is Ready.