Topic: Fool me once shame on you....... adios everyone.

Today's announcement is the last straw....

I am not beta testing this game for three more years.

GG     everyone we have fought with and against.

It has been a pleasure.

2 (edited by Inda 2014-01-19 23:33:56)

Re: Fool me once shame on you....... adios everyone.

Hell I dont want to hear that!

Gunner THERE WAS NOT ANNOUNCMENT (yet)!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

3 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-19 23:47:01)

I am just kidding about quitting, but there is a grain of truth here.

What if I was Mr. builder guy instead of Mr. attacker guy??

How many times do we have to tollerate being crapped on?

Gunner wrote:

Today's announcement is the last straw....

I am not beta testing this game for three more years.

GG     everyone we have fought with and against.

It has been a pleasure.

Tease..

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Gunner wrote:

This needs to be fixed before Steam, it may not be perfectly balance for sure but it's a good step in the right direction, its just a game, I enjoyed building bases. I would do it again? Not sure if reward is there.

RIP PERPETUUM

6 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-19 23:59:45)

I  am 100% on board with changes.

I just think that some people (not me) invested   1000's of hours and Billions of nic on something that is about to be Reset/Wiped.

The point is this keeps happening and this is the largest scale yet.  How many people are going to just quit this time around?

sigh

Celebro wrote:
Gunner wrote:

This needs to be fixed before Steam, it may not be perfectly balance for sure but it's a good step in the right direction, its just a game, I enjoyed building bases. I would do it again? Not sure if reward is there.

Better question is how many people will go and build on Gamma after it gets wiped?

8 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-20 00:09:24)

Completely valid.  Bases will be more tactical and perhaps temporary, like a weekend op.

..but this thread is not about Gamma, it is about the affect of massive atom bomb changes have on the average player.

..for me, this game has always been about the journey, not the destination, but a lot of people dont see things the way I do

Burial wrote:

Better question is how many people will go and build on Gamma after it gets wiped?

Burial wrote:

If gamma is fixed properly and player like the changes, if Steam bring a whole bunch of new players, then many who have left after the gamma expansion will certainly come back.

I think players will be hesitant to build a base like the first time but given time, player will start building small to test the new grounds, but I insist there needs to be greater rewards.

RIP PERPETUUM

This gamma-wipe. However needed it might be etc, will be a heavier hit on some vets then a change to the EP-GAP would ever do. Were talking bout 1000s of gaming hours on rebuilding the gamma islands. Will there be a compensation for that? I think not. And I feel bad for those that have done it. I can almost hear the air zipping out of their balloon...

Hey, screw Gamma, let's get back to Betas! Switch on Intrusion 1.0, let's play an old good game we had earlier!

Also: your stuff, I shall have!

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

he will back. i believe.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Hunter wrote:

he will back. i believe.

He was joking to begin with

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Line wrote:

Hey, screw Gamma, let's get back to Betas! Switch on Intrusion 1.0, let's play an old good game we had earlier!

LOL old intrusions were so lol but..... Best fleet fights ever 100+ vs 100+

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men

Lobo wrote:
Line wrote:

Still better than spending 2-3 hours per day to prevent ninja saps

Line wrote:
Lobo wrote:
Line wrote:

Still better than spending 2-3 hours per day to prevent ninja saps

Yeah but the token system was so broken

Way to easy to just use alt corp the farm tokens and then defend with tokens forever

17 (edited by Homer J Simpson 2014-01-20 12:19:10)

Get rid of random 24/7 saps Have it like Gamma in that you specify the approx timer for an intrusion & you get no intrusion generated unless some one comes along & shoots your station. ect ect

smile

Aaron Sool wrote:

This gamma-wipe. However needed it might be etc, will be a heavier hit on some vets then a change to the EP-GAP would ever do. Were talking bout 1000s of gaming hours on rebuilding the gamma islands. Will there be a compensation for that? I think not. And I feel bad for those that have done it. I can almost hear the air zipping out of their balloon...

Yeah...  I agree..   TBH I was waiting on a rage post from Hunter.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Aaron Sool wrote:

Were talking bout 1000s of gaming hours on rebuilding the gamma islands. Will there be a compensation for that? I think not. And I feel bad for those that have done it. I can almost hear the air zipping out of their balloon...

I don't want to diminish the impact of this all, but that's a quite skewed view. If you were entertained during those 1000s of hours then you haven't lost anything what this or any game is primarily about.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Aaron Sool wrote:

Were talking bout 1000s of gaming hours on rebuilding the gamma islands. Will there be a compensation for that? I think not. And I feel bad for those that have done it. I can almost hear the air zipping out of their balloon...

I don't want to diminish the impact of this all, but that's a quite skewed view. If you were entertained during those 1000s of hours then you haven't lost anything what this or any game is primarily about.

Assuming this game is mostly like a 2nd work - we were entertained indeed big_smile

DEV Zoom wrote:

Exactly. The Gamma Frontier has been a blast to explore. There have been plenty of bumps along the way, but I have had a ball spending time out here. But I think everyone who has spent time out here building their fortress realizes that things aren't exactly right.

I think the people that will be lost if things don't get fixed is WAY greater than the people that will be lost by resetting gamma. Lets get this *** fixed and explore the Gamma Frontier all over again!

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

22 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-20 16:01:11)

As I stated, I am in it for the journey, but I didnt spend 10 billion nic on content either.

I cant fathom what it is like for the dozens of people who really enjoyed doing things as they are now?

Ever trust again ???

What pissed me off is we got a taste of some really exciting PvP with the mechanics as they are now.

This thread is about what people think about very large changes, not Gamma topic itself.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Aaron Sool wrote:

Other than Optikhan, I don't know of anyone really who doesn't want this change... At least anyone who has spent any time exploring gamma content anyway... I think you are sensationalizing the topic tbh.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Aaron Sool wrote:

I don't want to cut you down too much but I think you've seen a disconnect between what you want this game to do and what you think it does versus what the players actually do and what players want to achieve.  Even if you make this change roaming gammas not going to be like roaming beta.  The only thing your doing is letting gate campers have a chance and people who have max detectors.  Honestly you fix nothing.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

I don't want to cut you down too much but I think you've seen a disconnect between what you want this game to do and what you think it does versus what the players actually do and what players want to achieve.  Even if you make this change roaming gammas not going to be like roaming beta.  The only thing your doing is letting gate campers have a chance and people who have max detectors.  Honestly you fix nothing.

This isnt about making Gammas Like Betas and you know it. Gamma needs to be more dynamic and this is the first step.I can even dig up your forum posts advocating doing it if you need me to. At this point we just need to try and help the DEV's do it in the most effective way possible.