Re: Gamma Balancing

When you do this take the game down for three days and gg.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Shadowmine wrote:

If you limit the amount of terminals per island to a reasonable number, the island will never be said turtle. And I propose that if turrets shoot 1500km, that 3000km is not a larger enough distance between terminals.

The problem with that Ville, is that a small corp will have zero chance to build a gamma base as it can be taken over the first night they are there, by a bigger force. It would be nice to give the smaller corp a chance to build a ninja base with the knowledge that at the very least they have a couple days to try and get their *** off before the bigger corp knocks their base down. Or rings it with turrets and terraforming, to be more specific.

tbh it just takes a little tact when dealing with "the big guys".  Its not like they will form alt corps and hunt them down like crazed religious nut jobs.

You of all people know the honor system wont work on this, lmao. So you think the big bad guys wont do it just because they can, that they will be nice and let everyone live happily together. Come on Ville...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

DEV Zoom wrote:

It's enough to move your assets to alpha/beta ...

The only way to reimburse is to do it at the time of the reset.

So let me get this straight, Zoom.

Are you going to move EVERY single asset from Gamma to alpha/beta ...both personal and corporate?

Are you going to reimburse individuals and corps for Nic spent on terraforming charges and other NPC purchased items, whether used in creating or taking down defenses?

And your logs only go back one year, so those reimbursements only go back one year?

What is the exact, or at least ballpark time frame for all of this?

Will this delay Steam?

Ville wrote:

tbh it just takes a little tact when dealing with "the big guys".  Its not like they will form alt corps and hunt them down like crazed religious nut jobs.

Well not all new corps want to pay "protection" and not all old corps will force them to.

However things are set or balanced, If you cannot build a base (stupid designs excluded) that can't survive a few days on Gamma, no one will do anything on Gamma, other than roam. On Gamma and not Beta you will be risking time and asset investment, you need to have the proper tools to do this. Not indestructible, but hard to kill. And the reward for doing it has to be the incentive, higher than the Beta incentives, to prompt people to play the end game on Gamma.

Rage Rex wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

It's enough to move your assets to alpha/beta ...

The only way to reimburse is to do it at the time of the reset.

So let me get this straight, Zoom.

Are you going to move EVERY single asset from Gamma to alpha/beta ...both personal and corporate?

Are you going to reimburse individuals and corps for Nic spent on terraforming charges and other NPC purchased items, whether used in creating or taking down defenses?

And your logs only go back one year, so those reimbursements only go back one year?

What is the exact, or at least ballpark time frame for all of this?

Will this delay Steam?

Rex, he is pretty clear. At the time of reset, anything on Gamma is returned to alpha owners hangar. Nothing for time, or terraforming. And again, stuff from years ago thats lost and destroyed, why would anyone reimburse that?

Not asking you Cassius

Jita summed it up already pretty well on the first page:

Jita wrote:

To be fair I would advocate the following:

1) All terraforming charges ever bought would be respawned to the character that bought them

2) All gamma structures linked to a corp would be server deconned and placed in the corp hanger of said corp

3) All corp assets would be placed in the same hanger

4)all personal assets would be placed in peoples alpha hanger

And sooner rather than later

The only thing that's still hanging in the air is 1), since we don't know yet whether beacons will stay, or what scope of reimbursement we can do there based on the data we have.

Nothing else should be reimbursed, why would it be? Things that you own are yours to keep, things that you have used/lost to destroy something have been used up according to their function since those things stay destroyed. Reimbursement happens for the actual state of gammas when the reset happens.

Zoom: We have used up terraforming charges on the premise Gamma will stay as it is, no one will have wasted so many charges for something that will be reset.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Zoom: We have used up terraforming charges on the premise Gamma will stay as it is, no one will have wasted so many charges for something that will be reset.

Well aware, I didn't say there won't be any reimbursement for it at all, we just need time to figure it out.

Since Terraforming is being removed as the first line of defense, it doesn't make sense to reimburse TF consumables since their use will be limited. This is doubly true if beacon TF is removed until a better system can be developed.

The purpose of the change is to encourage use of walls instead of TF, so look at encouraging their use by providing something like 1 wall complier charge for every 4 TF charges used in the last 6 months.

Zoom I dont understand how you "lost data from years ago", Is there not archived backups of the server ?

IT 101: Have a robust data backup and storage system, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly backups are an industry standard ...  I dont see how you can get away with not having all of the game data saved back to day one of the server opening.   

Hell ... even if you only backed up on a yearly basis the amount of data is not that large I'm guessing some players have that kinda of storage capacity on their home networks.

Didn't you guys claim to have backed up the servers when Davis Barrier was lost ??  I'm sure you can find all of the transaction data some where.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

No it doesnt ... who is to say walls will be used at all ... if they stay in their current form they will not be comparable as a replacement for terraforming.

Nic should be given back so people can decide the best use for themselves

or

If Terraforming stays then the charges should be given back, no need to complicate it by exchanging for something else.

Arga wrote:

Since Terraforming is being removed as the first line of defense, it doesn't make sense to reimburse TF consumables since their use will be limited.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

It's a nerf, nerfs aren't meant to be comparable.

The difference between walls and TF is walls degrade, so getting those charges would only provide a temporary boost.

I'm trying to compromise, since it's unlikely that the devs have any desire to do reimurbsement of the consumable charges at all.

Honestly, screw terraformingreimbursements and lets get this thing wiped tomorrow!

DEV Zoom wrote:

Jita summed it up already pretty well on the first page:

Jita wrote:

To be fair I would advocate the following:

1) All terraforming charges ever bought would be respawned to the character that bought them

2) All gamma structures linked to a corp would be server deconned and placed in the corp hanger of said corp

3) All corp assets would be placed in the same hanger

4)all personal assets would be placed in peoples alpha hanger

And sooner rather than later

The only thing that's still hanging in the air is 1), since we don't know yet whether beacons will stay, or what scope of reimbursement we can do there based on the data we have.

Nothing else should be reimbursed, why would it be? Things that you own are yours to keep, things that you have used/lost to destroy something have been used up according to their function since those things stay destroyed. Reimbursement happens for the actual state of gammas when the reset happens.

just go back as far as the logs go. After that what can you do I guess, people get *** equally.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Ville wrote:

Honestly, screw terraformingreimbursements and lets get this thing wiped tomorrow!

Yep. Get rid of terraforming, screw tf reimbursement for everyone, and lets do this. Bring back tfing when its ready and change the gamma structure mechancs when those are ready. People can still build small gamma outposts under current mechanics if they want, knowing whats coming.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Shadowmine wrote:
Ville wrote:

Yep. Get rid of terraforming, screw tf reimbursement for everyone, and lets do this. Bring back tfing when its ready and change the gamma structure mechancs when those are ready. People can still build small gamma outposts under current mechanics if they want, knowing whats coming.

I can live with that.

+1

169 (edited by Martha Stuart 2014-01-21 03:14:18)

Question.

So we have all heard all of these plans in the last 2 months.  In what sequence can we expect to see all of this? So far i am expecting spark tele nerfs, gamma wipes, mission patch, etc etc. how and in what order are we gonna see this?  are we talking days on the gamma wipe or weeks? months?  When is spark nerf coming?

BankOfEngland wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:
Ville wrote:

I can live with that.

+1

+1 See Zoom making it easy for you.

Shadowmine wrote:
Ville wrote:

+1

172 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-01-21 03:56:22)

Martha Stuart wrote:

Question.

So we have all heard all of these plans in the last 2 months.  In what sequence can we expect to see all of this? So far i am expecting spark tele nerfs, gamma wipes, mission patch, etc etc. how and in what order are we gonna see this?  are we talking days on the gamma wipe or weeks? months?  When is spark nerf coming?

Fair question.

Some notice is in order for Sparks and Gamma, at least. Ninja patches and 24 hour notices are not sufficient.

Steam Greenlight 2015

Its like pulling off a Band-Aid. Just rip that beech off...

Martha Stuart wrote:

Question.

RIght after SpT nerf there should be followbot nerf, don't forget about that. So it will be SpT, follow, gamma, and just then assignments I think.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086