Topic: Will you be able to purchase multiple accounts on steam?

I thought this should be brought up, with Eve on steam you can only purchase 1 account per Steam account. Will we be able to have multiple instances of perpetuum thru steam, and purchase time there? Would hate to have only 1 account linked or something.

Re: Will you be able to purchase multiple accounts on steam?

Just have your main on Steam and the remainder done Old School Style cool

That's fine for me, and anyone else who is used to doing that, but what about the new players coming in with steam? They buy an account, decide they want another one, and have to go to thru the website?

Like I said, I just wanted to bring this up so certain people aren't scrambling to fix it after the fact.

4 (edited by Celebro 2014-01-14 00:14:56)

I doubt this will be possible, its not yet possible in Eve after so many years. So I'm pretty sure it's a no.

RIP PERPETUUM

DeV's officially told about that. It will be possible regiester 1 account on steam and use others through old system.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Pay2win fuuu

Sparking to other games

yeah...

...and yes Zoom, i try to speculate this.

Why the crybabies wins?

Hunter wrote:

DeV's officially told about that. It will be possible regiester 1 account on steam and use others through old system.

Ahh, ok must have missed that post. Glad it's been addressed.

9 (edited by DEV Zoom 2014-01-15 05:02:21)

Actually I'm not sure where we said that, I remember only stating that using Steam will be optional. But yes, truth is that you will be able to connect any and all of your accounts to your Steam account, mostly for convenience reasons. But Steam allows only one instance of any game that is launched from it.

Obviously you could still run one client from Steam and multiple others off-Steam, unless we explicitly prevent running multiple clients simultaneously.

As for the original question of this topic: purchasing multiple accounts on Steam probably won't be possible as Steam will generate an account for you, and once you have the game in your library, you won't be able to get it again. However, registering a new account on our website will still work like now.

edit: Yeah this wasn't about running multiple clients but I reckon that would have been the next question.

Zoom, how about: https://secure.perpetuum-online.com/sup … ?show=2639

Why the crybabies wins?

Just do it old school style, I have 4 clients installed on my computer, I see no reason to delete any of them in favor of Steam.

Honestly in my oppinion I think the steam release is to boost population, Once it's boosted people will simply do like they do with Eve online, and download extra clients from the website.

The initial explosion in numbers is what will matter, Players are creative and ingenuitive, and after they see how great the game is, they'll simply figure out a way to multibox, just like we all did.

12 (edited by Crepitus 2014-04-20 00:13:40)

LongShanks wrote:

That's fine for me, and anyone else who is used to doing that, but what about the new players coming in with steam? They buy an account, decide they want another one, and have to go to thru the website?

Like I said, I just wanted to bring this up so certain people aren't scrambling to fix it after the fact.

They said in another thread this is a problem with STEAM itself and not something they can do anything about.  It's true for other games too.  I wouldn't recommend playing any MMO via STEAM, tbh (and my account is more than 10 years old...).

EDIT: and in this one under where I hit reply wink

EDIT2: I have been back after 2 years off for less than a week and 2 days that I tried to play the lag/disconnects were too bad to play and I've had 2 very discouraging client crashes for no discernible reason and the fact that borderless window mode is unusable unless you change all your other settings in some other mode first is pretty bad (I would bet borderless windowed will be the most common choice for most people coming from STEAM/EVE). 

Let's hope STEAM players are patient roll...

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!