Topic: Towing- small solution to multi-accounting and follow mechanic

My idea of having tows is for every bot (except arhkes) to have this ability to carry there own cargo towed, drop them of at any location and use as a storage container to farm NPCs or mine. After you finish just pick them up tow them to station, you go slower but only need one trip.

My idea of balance so haulers are still viable to use would go roughly as follows:

Lights: 20U Tow (max)
Assaults: 40U Tow
Mech: 60U Tow
Heavy mech: 80U Tow

Industrial bots get a 30% Bonus to capacity of tow, hauler bots get 50% so they as still viable.

Possiblity of expansion: Different types of tows with capacity for only specific items one for commodities,modules or ore but bigger cargo.

RIP PERPETUUM

2 (edited by Inda 2014-01-05 21:31:20)

Re: Towing- small solution to multi-accounting and follow mechanic

Not a bad idea. Backpack big_smile

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

So basically a simpler solution would be:
Additional cargohold for robots but using it would reduce speed based on the amount carried.

Burial wrote:

So basically a simpler solution would be:
Additional cargohold for robots but using it would reduce speed based on the amount carried.

Yes, though my idea would look visually cooler smile and more can be developed in future, and a back pack for bipedal mechs would be nicer on the eye, scarab do no really need it. An empty tow will still reduce speed, not something to be used in pvp.

A question for the Devs would be if it is possible on another tile to have a tow, as I know the Lithus has a winch for a reason.

RIP PERPETUUM

+1

6 (edited by Norrdec 2014-01-06 06:54:11)

That's a two-tile robot and they haven't figured out how to do those for 3 years and going.

Otherwise sweet idea.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

7 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-01-06 07:04:43)

I like whole towing concept.

+1

Someone had idea in past for train like towing ...multiple trailers connected. Perhaps bot types could have different trailer train caps, with haulers having most. And like idea that each trailer effects speed. Should also require mod for hitching

Also, perhaps if you destroy hauler you can hitch abandoned loot trailers. yarr

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:

Also, perhaps if you destroy hauler you can hitch abandoned loot trailers. yarr

I like that, maybe on alpha if you flag up, can steel an unhitched tow. big_smile

Nordec: In regards to the 1 tile limitation maybe it can be done by system to identify 2 bots on follow , not sure how hard or if it's possible, not a developer, we surely do have bots following each other but that needs 2 accounts not 1.

RIP PERPETUUM