Topic: MMORPG Article 2014 \o/

http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read … ed-Up.html

Re: MMORPG Article 2014 \o/

I approve of this message big_smile

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

3 (edited by Burial 2014-01-05 08:29:07)

Some comments make some sense. I agree with Syndic on some points too, but this one not so much, and not because I have my eggs in the basket but because it's faulty logic:

cirsyndic wrote:

Honestly it's a good game but I don't think any guild just starting out has even a long shot at establishing themselves. Too many skill-points, assets, and 3 years of experience stacked against them. It should really be wiped and relaunched, but as I mentioned before due to bad management that's just not going to happen.

In three years, we will still have those few powerful corporations(other names but fundamentally with similar power) and newbie corporations will have hard time establishing. What should be done is make the game more accessible to newer players and corporations through balancing.

cirsyndic wrote:

Game practically forces you to pay  subscription for 2-3 accounts (10$ each, or slave for ICE)

This is one of the big problems in the game and people even not involved in PVP feel it in full throttle.

Anyway big props to whoever wrote the article!! (Who was it?)

4 (edited by Gibo 2014-01-05 12:35:32)

New corps will surely have a harder time than most establishing themselves, but I dot't think it's impossible.  Skills scale up really well and a level 9 compared to level 10 is not much of difference compared with the time needed to invest in it, so skipping lvl 9 or 10 will save you a lot of EP that established players had to wait a really long to to train.

A complete wipe is kinda like a disservice to long time customers, and it's a last resort, option.

Yes, and this game although it has a cheap subscription it really forces to play with multiple accounts much more than any other MMO game I have played, the mechs surely seem gimped on their own for PVE, not mentioning the fact you still need a dedicated hauler for both mining and NPC hunting. I know these mechanics is to bring players together but who on earth wants to be a dedicated hauler or logistic support, come on? This is covered by having more accounts per player.

5 (edited by Norrdec 2014-01-05 12:54:17)

IIRC last time syn played he mentioned making L1-8 cost very little in comparison to L8-10, so noobs could compete faster but vets would still have the L10 advantage, cause no newb is gonna pay a bunch of accounts for a few months before they can be competitive. Basically like EVE 1-4 versus 4-5.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Nice to see a little press, still, there was no editorial just a cut and paste.

Maybe as they get closer to steam launch they will do some interviews and get the ball rolling again.

A lot of new guys running around, looks good!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.