Re: Please return minimum teleport distance from stations to 1000m

Maybe I'm looking at this wrong, but the point of Nerfing SpT wasn't to make movement in the game world more difficult, it was to require corps to make strategic decisions about troop movements.

This is a tactical change. I think I like the idea of making tactical deployment of troops quicker from the outpost.

I doubt this change has any effect on moving scarbs out of outposts, they're just to squishy. And a tanked lithus can drop could drop and use an armored TP at 1000m. So, even for exodus, we're only talking about 80U per squeeker. That would take a long time to do, and preplanning to have enough Seq's and plates in the station, because they aren't going to be able to resupply.

tldr; 500m could be detrimental for merc's and pirates but it should improve tactical outpost based PVP.

27 (edited by Cassius 2014-01-07 19:40:29)

Arga wrote:

Maybe I'm looking at this wrong, but the point of Nerfing SpT wasn't to make movement in the game world more difficult, it was to require corps to make strategic decisions about troop movements.

Non (combat) troop movements are affected equally, therefore it makes movement more difficult for all players.
I peg you as a primarily Indy player Arga, (if you start playing again) and I am surprised you don't see all the possible ramifications of the nerf.

28 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-01-07 19:45:34)

Cassius wrote:
Arga wrote:

Non (combat) troop movements are affected equally, therefore it makes movement more difficult for all players.
I peg you as a primarily Indy player Arga, (if you start playing again) and I am surprised you don't see all the possible ramifications of the nerf.

If you could see beyond your corp dialogue and personal industry empire glasses, and actually read the first 30 pages or so of the SpT thread you would find that ARGA is one of the larger advocates of the nerf. He posted many times. But you didn't bother to read the 'troll thread,' I guess.

Sparking to other games

As Rex points out, I know all about the ramifications of SpT, but this thread is about mobile TP. I was making a comparison of the different reasoning behind changes to mobile TP versus SpT; not any arguements for or against SpT.

Return min distance for mobile TPs on stations to 1000!

!