Topic: Please return minimum teleport distance from stations to 1000m

The way it was for 2.5 years and then just changed for no reason.

I am aware it was a coding related convenience for the change of the teles being dropped at 0 on the static teles.

The result is any player 99.5% of the time can get out of a beta station Risk Free.

This takes away much of the content in the game related to people generally moving around from beta stations.  When people are evacuating, its is very simple with Armored Teles.

The extra 500m gives both sides from challenges ane risks.

Thanks for reading

Re: Please return minimum teleport distance from stations to 1000m

Also please return it on teleports to 0, then.

+1

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Bring more EW.

Cassius wrote:

No.

6 (edited by Mongolia Jones 2014-01-03 22:20:48)

59 meters = The jump range for a FIXED TELEPORT (dropped TP 441m from jump range)
59 meters = The enter range for an OUTPOST (dropped TP 441m from enter range)
389 meters = The enter range for a TERMINAL (dropped TP 111m from enter range)

At the very least the range for placing a teleport at a TERMINAL should be 830 meters.

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

Gunner wrote:
Cassius wrote:

No.

Well 0 on Alpha teles would be fine but I'm not confident in current coding recourses to make that distinction without blowing something else up.

Sparking to other games

At those distances, Merely having a plate and a shield make it so any sequer can jump free as they choose.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Maybe if you guys put some ep into dps skills instead of ewar you could kill something in 500m. Good lord, you cant kill things in 2 minutes so you petition game mechanic changes, now you cant kill things in 500m so you petition more changes.... You guys can do better.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Shadowmine wrote:

Maybe if you guys put some ep into dps skills instead of ewar you could kill something in 500m. Good lord, you cant kill things in 2 minutes so you petition game mechanic changes, now you cant kill things in 500m so you petition more changes.... You guys can do better.

What?! Put myself in line of sight? Never.

Sparking to other games

11 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-04 01:55:20)

You should have to form a PvP op defense to move stuff out.

but

Instead just easymode drop Armored teles and thats it.

games dont work like this

The 1000 meter rule was there for over two years and made sense and they screwed it up and made it 500m, which is even worse at an actual Beta Station where its is 10 meters to safety.

We want to make the game playable.  You just want to easy easy easy everything.

Easy times are over boys.

Shadowmine wrote:

No, you want one heavy to be able to gank anything leaving a beta terminal. You should have to have a pvp op standing guard with multiple people outside a beta for 24hrs a day to keep people from hauling out. Not trying to spark in and undock after the tele is warmed up and they are halfway to it.

You are going to have to put in a little more effort than to kill a lithus, I agree. Sounds like you are looking for easy mode, not me...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

I didnt feel difference between 500 and 1000 meters distance after that change. There will be only discomfort for the players who transports stuff between the alphas. Nothing more... Basicaly change will give nothing...

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

14 (edited by Burial 2014-01-04 07:26:19)

Gunner, how about shooting the beacon?

Mongolia Jones wrote:

59 meters = The jump range for a FIXED TELEPORT (dropped TP 441m from jump range)

At the very least the range for placing a teleport at a TERMINAL should be 830 meters.

I think those values are designed perfectly. Beta terminals, by nature, are more public and should be harder to camp people in to. Outposts on the other hand force you to walk 441m to a teleport beacon which should be enough for an organized gank force to break any bot or the beacon for that matter.

^ That and I like consisency with values. 0m somewhere, 500m elsewhere and then on top 1000m on somewhere else creates needless confusion.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

16 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2014-01-04 08:34:25)

All I hear is that STC and bros don't want to defend their haulers...

So they just want the mechanics to suit that

You need to BE ABLE to defend your haulers if you take them on beta

Not just run 100m in a plated hauler to a armored tele and GG.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Shadowmine wrote:

No, you want one heavy to be able to gank anything leaving a beta terminal. You should have to have a pvp op standing guard with multiple people outside a beta for 24hrs a day to keep people from hauling out. Not trying to spark in and undock after the tele is warmed up and they are halfway to it.

You are going to have to put in a little more effort than to kill a lithus, I agree. Sounds like you are looking for easy mode, not me...

Once SpT is nerfed it won't be that easy. Otherwise I agree with you mostly, but still should go back to 1000

It's bug. Not a new feature

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:

Its not a bug, it was introduced when they made teleport beacons have to be dropped at least 500 m from teleports.

To you Beast

Inda wrote:

+1

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Shadowmine wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

Its not a bug, it was introduced when they made teleport beacons have to be dropped at least 500 m from teleports.

Change: Reduced the no-deploy radius of mobile teleport beacons from 1000m to 500m, but now the rule also applies to fixed teleport stations, beside terminals and other teleport beacons.

Guess it was on purpose. Dumb change for terminals on beta. Practically NO risk logistics. May as well be zero.

Sparking to other games

Zoom I have an open ticket on this as there should be a counter to armored tps and what do you know there is its 2 plasma bomb....... How ever I can't drop a plasma bomb 500m from a station like I can an armored tp.

I personally think its overly safe I can put 2 plates on a arkhe at ICS Beta and walk to an armored tp and tp out with a mesmer mk2 shooting at me.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

This is problem.

Mongolia Jones wrote:

Rex Amelius wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

Change: Reduced the no-deploy radius of mobile teleport beacons from 1000m to 500m, but now the rule also applies to fixed teleport stations, beside terminals and other teleport beacons.

Guess it was on purpose. Dumb change for terminals on beta. Practically NO risk logistics. May as well be zero.

Risk was GREATLY reduced ganking someone leaving a terminal.
Risk was GREATLY increased to someone transporting  and moving thru teleports.

IMO thats a fair balance.

Returning range at terminals to 1000 while leaving it at 500 at teleports is easy mode for PvPers, Gunner et al, and unfair for any other types.

Cassius wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

Risk was GREATLY reduced ganking someone leaving a terminal.
Risk was GREATLY increased to someone transporting  and moving thru teleports.

IMO thats a fair balance.

Returning range at terminals to 1000 while leaving it at 500 at teleports is easy mode for PvPers, Gunner et al, and unfair for any other types.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Problem isn't beacons are deployable on 500m. Problem is that when says a scarab got catched on teleports between island, he can just jump here and there being safe because syndicate protection timer is exactly as instability timer.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086