1 (edited by Burial 2014-02-04 16:54:51)

Topic: StateCorp's Newbie Startup Packages

I have honor to present StateCorp's new programme for new players. We will give out a free packages containing fitted bots to every new player interested.

The package contains fully T1 fitted Light and fully T1 fitted Assault bots suitable for missioning, NPC hunting and general game enjoyment. For miners, the package will contain an Argano and Sequer suitable to get started with mining.

How can I claim my package?
To claim the package, you need to be in either Attalica, Daoden or New Virginia Alpha terminal. Those terminals are the ones where new players start out. Send a private message to either Burial, kot or Skumtron and we will get you sorted asap. smile

How can I send private messages?
From the icons in the upper left corner of the screen, find Search. After that enter any of the names mentioned previously and search. It should display all the names containing the character string you entered so be sure to find the exact one. After you find the name, right click and "Private conversation" or "Send mail" if the names are not online.

This programme will be going for as long as the demand is shown.

Re: StateCorp's Newbie Startup Packages

+1 for STC creative recuitment !

neat!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Now I wish I was a nOOb. tongue

Now I know why the corp tax rate is so high.

+1, as long as we aren't recruiting. I'll help with this any way I can.

We have new players ??

First package was given today! Many more available and no strings attached. smile

I'll take 3

It occurred to me how good a program like this is.

I remembered my early days and how hard i struggled for gear.

Salute [STC]

"There must be War . . . "

Nice! With this offer never has been easier to start off in Perpetuum. Please make sure to post it on steam too.

A lot of packages have gone to the hands of new players.

As an update, all the mining packages will be including a T4 geoscanner to help with the finding of different mineral fields. smile

Burial wrote:

A lot of packages have gone to the hands of new players.

As an update, all the mining packages will be including a T4 geoscanner to help with the finding of different mineral fields. smile

Good thing Burial, a T4 geoscanner is essential (take notice Dev Zoom its not balanced tongue). Hope you don't go broke with all the new players in GC today tongue

RIP PERPETUUM

13 (edited by Burial 2014-01-06 09:59:54)

Yes, Arkhe should have Geoscanning bonus too and even Argano should have it higher. New player needs roughly 15k EP and T4 geoscanner just to get it to 100% accuracy which is just insane.

Burial wrote:

Yes, Arkhe should have Geoscanning bonus too and even Argano should have it higher. New player needs roughly 15k EP and T4 geoscanner just to get it to 100% accuracy which is just insane.

big_smile ofc.
Learn to understand MMO games comrade, and you wont write such posts.

Can you explain what exactly there is to understand that relates to the post I made?

I don't understand this either, why would you ever need a T4 geoscanner or geoscanning extensions if an Arkhe would have 100% accuracy from the get go? And new players even get an Argano at the end of the training missions.

17 (edited by Celebro 2014-01-06 16:16:39)

Low accuracy means noise or anything less that 100%, countless of players get confused by this. They see tiles with ores which actually don't really exist and start mining them, they can't mine that tile and start wondering if they are doing anything wrong. Even if you know this, to clear a field 100% accuracy is a must.

RIP PERPETUUM

I must be doing something wrong. Never bothered to train basic geochemistry above 4, and I never have problems finding and scanning for artifacts and mineral fields with a light bot and T3P (using a proto simply for the extra kph).

I think its bad for any game to give new players the abilty to max out any skill, or use the best gear, right from the get go, especially with the business model of skills aquired over time.

Even more so considering you don't need the best gear to mine or artifact.

+1 for new player packages with no strings attached!!

Stupid STC corp tax rate!!!! fuuu

Sure, 100% should not be easiest to archieve early on but I added the T4 geoscanner after hearing constantly in general chat how hard it is to find fields due to low accuracy. smile

Cassius wrote:

I must be doing something wrong. Never bothered to train basic geochemistry above 4, and I never have problems finding and scanning for artifacts and mineral fields with a light bot and T3P (using a proto simply for the extra kph).

I think its bad for any game to give new players the abilty to max out any skill, or use the best gear, right from the get go, especially with the business model of skills aquired over time.

Even more so considering you don't need the best gear to mine or artifact.

+1 for new player packages with no strings attached!!

Stupid STC corp tax rate!!!! fuuu

My issue is with tile scanning nothing more, I would not change to maxed out skills or high end gear, just change what accuracy stand for; or remove noise or just use area scanned with 100%.

RIP PERPETUUM

Bump!

Service is going until 2nd of April. Avatar Creations and the new player experience patch took my job.

23 (edited by Dreadchain 2014-03-24 12:01:05)

DEV Zoom wrote:

I don't understand this either, why would you ever need a T4 geoscanner or geoscanning extensions if an Arkhe would have 100% accuracy from the get go? And new players even get an Argano at the end of the training missions.

You could make the tech levels increase something else than accuracy...for example:

- Range (Maybe going from 20-30m on T1 to 100m on T4)
- Decreasing CPU usage (Against the general scheme of T4, I know, but quite a good upgrade especially on mining bots)
- Cycle time (Subtle convenience change)
- Amount of loaded charges (Save cargo space, convenience)
- Material levels (Require higher tech level to detect Epriton/Colixium? Possible blocking issue on tech tree, but a minor problem at this stage of the game)

Or whatever else I couldn't come up with.

EDIT: I'm talking about scanning for ore. Artifact scanning is fine as it is.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Agreeing with zoom. You don't need 100% accuracy at the start! Artifacting is already very easy with bad skills.

The only thing I would change is moving the 50 artefact charges to a level 3 skill not 5.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."