Topic: instant logg out

It needs to be fixed ppl are abusing this 2min force log out in scouting situations.....

Re: instant logg out

If you don't have enough DPS to kill a robot that doesn't do anything for 2 minutes then I think it deserves to survive. Or do I get something wrong here?

your medication maybe?

if your aggressed you shouldn't be able to log out

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

if your aggressed you shouldn't be able to log out

Sorry for my bluntness, but that would be just stupid. I know how hard it is to find a kill nowadays but that's just unfair.

Are u kidding me zoom? tell me how u kill a castel max skilled whit medium aux and a shield before 2 min in a assault???

And tell me how is DPS going to get there before 2mins run out once takled?

Astraeaa wrote:

Are u kidding me zoom? tell me how u kill a castel max skilled whit medium aux and a shield before 2 min in a assault???

I don't know, neuts?

Astraeaa wrote:

Really? Your victim should shut up and stay where it is just so the big guys can catch up and kill it because he was dead anyway when he first appeared on their radar?

I know this game is hardcore but that would be a new level.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Astraeaa wrote:

I don't know, neuts?

Have u ever tryed to kill a green shield bot?   I relly hoppe u are trying your own game out in the player prespective

Astraeaa wrote:

Really? Your victim should shut up and stay where it is just so the big guys can catch up and kill it because he was dead anyway when he first appeared on their radar?

I know this game is hardcore but that would be a new level.

Dont be morre s##id  we are not talking abouth blips on radar are we zoom?
we are talking abouth ppl beeing shot, ecmd, demobed, AKA Takled for dps to come in.

Astraeaa wrote:

we are talking abouth ppl beeing shot, ecmd, demobed, AKA Takled for dps to come in.

That's what I mean, in your opinion if someone is tackled then he should stay that way indefinitely until the committee of executioners arrive. I don't agree.

9 (edited by Rex Amelius 2013-12-17 23:52:09)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Astraeaa wrote:

That's what I mean, in your opinion if someone is tackled then he should stay that way indefinitely until the committee of executioners arrive. I don't agree.

Well it's your game.

Honestly I always thought I could not log out once even locked by another player, not even aggressed. When I first started playing two years ago it was a common tactic of ours to lock up miners and just wait for DPS to arrive to break tanks or get killmails. Point is we had all the time in the world to let them beg for ransoms or whatever.

Something changed or I just somehow missed that simple mechanic these last two years.

Cool to know now, especially for Beta mining and lithus logistics.

Am I missing something here? Because Logoffski sounds like too easy a game to play.

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:

Honestly I always thought I could not log out once even locked by another player, not even aggressed.

It was like that until a few months ago: when you were locked by someone, the server kept you on the terrain indefinitely. This has been reported as a bug because players used it for AFK-mining (or I should say offline-mining) and we fixed it.

I don't remember being aggressed doing anything with this though.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

Honestly I always thought I could not log out once even locked by another player, not even aggressed.

It was like that until a few months ago: when you were locked by someone, the server kept you on the terrain indefinitely. This has been reported as a bug because players used it for AFK-mining (or I should say offline-mining) and we fixed it.

I don't remember being aggressed doing anything with this though.

Why do u make it out to be a diffrent  reason?  if it was changed in the past because of abuse?
You the devs spesificaly changed the log out mechanic to counter these log out im safe! issues in the past.

And now its not a issue?

Its beeing abused now and trust me zoom it will be abused alot morre.....

Then again, if you are in the middle of a safe logout countdown and someone locks you then the countdown will be interrupted (just tested it). This was actually made like this on player request.

Obviously there is no timer when you instalog or close the client, and you'll be removed from the terrain after 2 minutes without seeing what's happening. But that's not going to change, because disconnects/crashes would be even more lethal than now.

TerraBit wrote:

You the devs spesificaly changed the log out mechanic to counter these log out im safe! issues in the past.

See above.

so next time it looks like the fleet is gonna wipe you just instalog 60 guys and if you cant kill all 60 of them in 2 minutes your all good!

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

DEV Zoom wrote:

Then again, if you are in the middle of a safe logout countdown and someone locks you then the countdown will be interrupted (just tested it). This was actually made like this on player request.

Obviously there is no timer when you instalog or close the client, and you'll be removed from the terrain after 2 minutes without seeing what's happening. But that's not going to change, because disconnects/crashes would be even more lethal than now.

Then why the he..  is the countdown even interupted at all do u relly think its that hard to close the clients than wait for a timer?

This wole thing is a big joke do you not even see this?   Why on earth will some one wait for the countdown to finish to even log off.

All that having said, the logout timer is open for discussion, but "indefinite" is not an option. Needless to say, a longer timer would be a b*tch if it's you who has to suddenly leave for any reason irl.

TerraBit wrote:

Then why the he..  is the countdown even interupted at all do u relly think its that hard to close the clients than wait for a timer?

Can you see the difference between being able to see what's happening to your robot and acting on it if you see that it's not going well, versus not being able to see it? Or is everybody 100% sure here that his robot can survive anything for 2 minutes without any control whatsoever?

DEV Zoom wrote:

All that having said, the logout timer is open for discussion, but "indefinite" is not an option. Needless to say, a longer timer would be a b*tch if it's you who has to suddenly leave for any reason irl.

Well then zoom i wuld not get in that position or il have to take the RISK of having to log out there.  Its not a issue on alpha is it?   there is always stations and what not to dock at if u dont whant to leve ur robots on the field.

Its abouth mechanics thats broken not what i whant.

DEV Zoom wrote:
TerraBit wrote:

Can you see the difference between being able to see what's happening to your robot and acting on it if you see that it's not going well, versus not being able to see it? Or is everybody 100% sure here that his robot can survive anything for 2 minutes without any control whatsoever?

Yeah there is a way its called SHIELD
Things does not get any easyer whit the green line ups.   Tyrannos prolly have the strongest *** tank in the game
and its broken aswell...

TerraBit wrote:

Things does not get any easyer whit the green line ups.   Tyrannos prolly have the strongest *** tank in the game
and its broken aswell...

Then that's a matter of shield balancing, not logout mechanics.

(Oh I remember the times when noone wanted to use shields because "it's stupid that you can't shoot". Times change smile )

That 100% is not the point.

Instant logging off aka PvP logging aka combat logging is 100% abuseable -

Up until recently if a target was being aggressed, he would not leave the field.   You decided somehow with some patch to change that.

Now, people are just instant logging in broken shielded bots knowing full well they need specialized bots to kill them.

This is semi-metagaming.

now, every bear and pants on head person is going to just instant log at the first sign of danger/death

unreal

DEV Zoom wrote:

If you don't have enough DPS to kill a robot that doesn't do anything for 2 minutes then I think it deserves to survive. Or do I get something wrong here?

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

22 (edited by Rage Blackout 2013-12-18 00:40:02)

Zoom!  For three years, we could keep a bot from logging by aggressing it, now you just change it on a whim --

What in the world are you doing constantly messing with everything???

for real, do you even think about this?

DEV Zoom wrote:
TerraBit wrote:

and its broken aswell...

(Oh I remember the times when noone wanted to use shields because "it's stupid that you can't shoot". Times change smile )

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

do you even play this game?

DEV Zoom wrote:
TerraBit wrote:

24 (edited by TerraBit 2013-12-18 00:44:02)

DEV Zoom wrote:
TerraBit wrote:

and its broken aswell...

Question is will it be any diffrent whit ERP Heavy/mechs?  Having 2-5 plates+-resist mods?

FYI a MAXED troiar can not neutralize a castel whit a medium AUX and maxed recharge skills

Here is a usual log of tactic  u see hostile at ur visual range u go OMG! log off now the hostile mech has to walk 1000m  in unhindered terrain to start shoting u by this time u prolly alredy spent 1min of not morre.....

ts been indefinite for three *** years. Its almost like you dont even play the *** game. Jesus wept.