Re: Poll: The "followbot" mechanic

Tbh I want to keep SpT a bit longer.  I'm haven't achieved server power projection yet.  lol

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Lemon wrote:

The biggest issue really is having the industry to supply your combat with mutli-account play because If I have 4 guys who run 4 Rivler Mk 2's 2-3 times a week I would be hard pressed to get 30 or 40 guys who could produce those same numbers  to fuel our PvP regardless of population. Let alone having the infrastructure to support and manage that many players properly to compete until the majority of them were in near maxed Rivlers.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

+1 to "hate followbot" big_smile

i can't vote. O_o

Lobo wrote:
Line wrote:
Lobo wrote:

Zoom its Avatar Creations game not STC/77th online please come ride as a ghost in our fleets to see what we see on ground.

So should they revert both SpT and follow changes because both were started by STC/77th?

SpT hasn't changed so.....

And neither has Follow mechanics yet so ....

330 (edited by Lemon 2014-01-21 17:18:10)

So even if we remove follow it takes me 3 key strokes for the following to go down.

Right click>*count to 4>tab>action key.

This enables 1-10+ robots to engage the same thing that the lead cliient is. If I have both mesmers and a zenith I have locked, fired and demobed my target with all my clients after only managing 1.

It's cool tho because no one cab follow anymore. Not like me running 5 mirrored repair bots to repair active targets is more of a issue than bob having bob Jr blind follow.

keep your eye on the target with mechanic changes

posted from mobile

TL:DR Assuming the servers are stable enough for population players will blind themselves with interferance before mass followboting can be used to any destructive means. as long as the enemy can match half to 2/3 of a dumb follow fleet they win with counters.

Honestly with disconnects it's more risky than anything and when you have more than 100 players all of this goes away.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

For me the only effect will be moving haulers. I don't really use more than two of my nine accounts in Pvp at once and I'm not a big followbot user.

Moving my five scarab accounts will be more of a pain but with teleports its not that much of a problem.

I am late to the game so the poll is closed for me. But I vote No. Don't nerf follow.

@Zoom

What is the 'abuse' we are aiming to solve with the change you guys have come to

Undefeated 2013
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

334 (edited by Heliaso 2014-01-21 19:20:14)

Don't touch  "Follow Mechanics"

Heliaso wrote:

Don't touch  "Follow Mechanics"

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Devs have this fantasy about what they think the game should be but all the mechanics lets us do the opposite.

So, when we dont fit their ideology about the game, they get mad and wipe everything.

lol

Lemon wrote:

@Zoom

What is the 'abuse' we are aiming to solve with the change you guys have come to

337 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-01-21 19:51:52)

Lemon wrote:

@Zoom

This is the question answered only with broad sweeping play2win cliche aimed at people who play with multiple accounts. Yet in the play2win complaint, 'follow' is barely a speck of an issue compared to multiple industry accounts.

This whole nerf is a sham aimed at ewar range.

Rage Rex wrote:

This is the question answered only with broad sweeping play2win cliche aimed at people who play with multiple accounts. Yet in the play2win complaint, 'follow' is barely a speck of an issue compared to multiple industry accounts.

This is just a first step in making the casual single acct player more competitive in pvp by lessening the competitive advantage of multi acct pvp users.

Something similar should probly be done for industry as well, but no since throwing the dishes out with the dishwater. May as well fix what we can now and try to fix others things when options become available to do so.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

follow off for everyone or not fair to each style player

That's pointless and does more harm than good. Making it unable to follow flagged people is a decent solution to the follow-bot problem, no need to throw any red herrings around.

I just think it's stupid and I don't agree really. Pointless change that fixes nothing serious missing the really serious things that multiaccounting brings.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Industrial players use the mechanic to be more efficient.

Logistics players use the mechanic to be more efficient.

Artifacters also ..

on and on

PvPers use the mechanic to be more efficient.

There is no difference.

Burial wrote:

That's pointless and does more harm than good. Making it unable to follow flagged people is a decent solution to the follow-bot problem, no need to throw any red herrings around.

Ok.. but why make the problem so hard that it's close to impossible to solve? No reason adding every problem relating multi-accounting here.

344 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-01-22 00:00:41)

Shadowmine wrote:
Rage Rex wrote:

This is just a first step in making the casual single acct player more competitive in pvp by lessening the competitive advantage of multi acct pvp users.

Something similar should probly be done for industry as well, but...

What a crock 'first step'. There is no second step multi-account nerf. It's a pipe dream for the few who truly want a one account game. NEVER gonna happen in this style sandbox.

Best way to nerf multi accounting is to change the game launcher. Otherwise this whole follow nerf is a joke.

345 (edited by Gunner 2014-01-21 23:57:15)

Just turn off follow and approach.

Done.

People are already using VMs and VPNs and stuff for various reasons.

Multi will never be stopped.

Burial wrote:

Ok.. but why make the problem so hard that it's close to impossible to solve? No reason adding every problem relating multi-accounting here.

Sure, remove it completely. it still only really affects pvp. But if it makes you feel better Gunner, I will drive each miner to the field separately. It will add 10 minutes to the time it takes me to clear a mineral field.

Its not about stopping multi account users, its about reducing the competitive advantage gap of single and multi acct users. And if you think this is also the solution to nerfing multi acct industrials, I am all for it.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

You are so incorrect that it blows my mind.

Shadowmine wrote:

Sure, remove it completely. it still only really affects pvp. But if it makes you feel better Gunner, I will drive each miner to the field separately. It will add 10 minutes to the time it takes me to clear a mineral field.

Its not about stopping multi account users, its about reducing the competitive advantage gap of single and multi acct users. And if you think this is also the solution to nerfing multi acct industrials, I am all for it.

Make it 1 active client per PC and be done with it.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Shadowmine wrote:

Lets take Industry and put it in a box and forget about it for now.

If we look at just the combat implications currently both the 'flagged' follow and 'lock' follow limits will only handi-cap your average player more so than prevent or slow down the most grave offenders. I will restate what I found configuring my OWN rig/accounts with 3rd party tools to test the limits, dev CRM can confirm these reported findings.

Example: Mutli-boxing has the drawbacks of pulling your attention away and in some-cases cost you for this.

1x5=5
1+1+1+1+1=5

Note the difference it simply took you to read those two methods of solving and relate that to Manual multi-boxing and 3rd-party assisted multi-boxing. Having 1 guy Play Seth and mirroring his actions across 2-4 more changes the battlefield exponentially. Imagine 3-4 Rivlers who follow that ONE remote repairer in  your corp  ACTIVELY repairing fleet members makes everything you are crying about now trivial.

@ZOOM
The fastest work around and most effective means to mutli-boxing is to take the "different" accounts you have and trade for all of the "same". Then install and upload my isboxer profile to now have all of your robots follow and mirror match your lead robot. Lets see someone beat the best PvPers taking 'roles' and playing them in PvP and simply bringing 4 Seths for DPS flown by Syndic and Lemon takes 4 extra rivlers that mirror his lead one. Oh I forgot bibi sitting in 5 zeny's applying 2x suppression to 10 enemies in the time it takes me to click all 10 for locking.

You simply remove the 'easy' work around the 'hardcore' players who are STILL here after this many years will take days to adapt to work around your 'fix'.

Joke......

Undefeated 2013

350 (edited by Burial 2014-01-22 01:17:49)

Lol. Sure. Isboxxing needs a fix too WHEN IT BECOMES A PROBLEM. Let's deal with problems that are actual now: follow-bots in PVP. Easy fix is, like allready suggested, disallow following flagged people. Simple right.