Topic: Beta Structures

The idea is that if a corporation has an outpost on a beta island with a rating over 50 they can build structures, with the mechanics already set in place on gamma, which provide various bonuses. Buildings like a passive epriton mine that can be emptied by the corporation that set it or destroyed and looted by anyone. If the auras are removed from outposts then slightly stronger aura structures could be made. The benefits the corp receives would give corporations incentives to take and hold beta stations for reasons other than just looting the saps. If these structures sent out alarms when attacked it would promote more action between saps. It isn't uncommon for me to wander the beta islands for hours and not see anyone at all and I think this idea would help make them a little less empty.

I'm sure this idea has been thrown around before but I think its worth repeating, since the pvp islands seem to be a lot emptier then they used to be.

Re: Beta Structures

Beta only has SAP loot and Epriton. Farming on Beta is not really working due to AOE damage from NPCs and Observers on the other hand are hard to farm.

Artifacting is more lucrative and safe on Gamma islands and mining other minerals is done either in Alpha or Gamma.

I agree, Betas need some more attention, especially farming wise. I have suggested something like you suggest but was shot down fast, they said it advocates strong powerblocks to own as many stations as possible and I agree with that to some extent.

Basically I would like to see:
1) Beta NPC drops improved to negate the EXTREMELY bad effect of AOE damage.
2) Beta Artifacting improved to negate the danger.

Basically IF they were to add new tier of items / bots I would make them require both Colixium and something only aquirable from Beta.

to me the whole alpha - beta - gamma relationship is up the creek.

Alpha Missions suck so bad (ya i know devs are fixing em but yEah). Hiighway & Tp Network layout makes new & old players wanna kill them selves.

Beta has some missions i guess that MIGHT be worth doing. Epi is now on beta but hey with any real in game population good luck on being able to mine it! (looking at you detectors).

Gammas have the biggest joke for NPCs outside of beacon pit farming. Terraforming mechanics that are used to brake WAY to many game mechanics. Epi was only moved off Gamma coz this was an easy bandaid instead of fixing the real issues.

So yeah Beta does need some love BUT just trying to address Beta at the cost of looking at how the WHOLE system inter relates will just keep this cycle going on forever.

I mean really these forum threads about these same issues have been going on for over 3 years now. its like watching a dog chase its own tail.

Homer J Simpson wrote:

to me the whole alpha - beta - gamma relationship is up the creek.

Alpha Missions suck so bad (ya i know devs are fixing em but yEah). Hiighway & Tp Network layout makes new & old players wanna kill them selves.

Beta has some missions i guess that MIGHT be worth doing. Epi is now on beta but hey with any real in game population good luck on being able to mine it! (looking at you detectors).

Gammas have the biggest joke for NPCs outside of beacon pit farming. Terraforming mechanics that are used to brake WAY to many game mechanics. Epi was only moved off Gamma coz this was an easy bandaid instead of fixing the real issues.

So yeah Beta does need some love BUT just trying to address Beta at the cost of looking at how the WHOLE system inter relates will just keep this cycle going on forever.

I mean really these forum threads about these same issues have been going on for over 3 years now. its like watching a dog chase its own tail.

One land mass!

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Gremrod wrote:

One land mass!

DUDE that would be so freeking cool smile You  know it wouldnt even have to be one land mass imho Hover mechs should be able to cross the seas between the islands. hell have not just scarabs but also carriers & destroyers & coz its over water theres no LOS so easier for the devs to make larger mechs big_smile

WIN WIN tongue

Gremrod wrote:

One land mass!

Then make it territorial war, so people can only fly one colour bot and indy bots. New powerblocks incoming!