1 (edited by Robo Raffle 2010-12-11 05:13:46)

Topic: Robo Raffle

Robo Raffle:  Perpetuum's first robot raffling service!

Current Raffle

The raffle is currently closed until further notice.

What is Robo Raffe?

I would like to formally welcome you to Robo Raffle.  The Robo Raffle is, you guessed it, a raffle where YOU can win a robot as a prize!  This will start with assault bots, but will lead into industrial bots, mechs and heavy mechs in the future.  I will continue raffling multiple types of robots so players of all levels can participate equally.  Special raffles may include high tier items, fully fitted robots, and more!  The sky is the limit with Robo Raffle, and you can help make it a success!

How will it work?

It's simple!  All you need to do to buy raffle tickets is send your NIC to Robo Raffle and your entry will be counted.  Any incorrect transfers will be sent back in full with an in-game message alerting you of the situation.

Agents can buy multiple tickets if they so wish, and the price per ticket has been set low so it will be accessible players of any level.  Yes, even a newbie that has just completed the tutorial assignments will be able to buy a ticket!

If you are new to Perpetuum or just haven't transferred NIC before, here is a simple tutorial on how to buy a ticket:  (click the numbers for images)

• Open the search window on the top left set of icons.  [1]

• In the Search Agent tab, type Robo Raffle and click Search  [2]

• Right-click on Robo Raffle in the search results and select Credit Transfer[3]

• Enter the amount of your ticket/s then click OK.  You now have a ticket for the upcoming Robo Raffle!  Good luck!  [4]

There is currently no set time period for raffles.  The maximum amount of time a raffle will last is 1 week, but may be shortened depending on the number of tickets sold.  New raffles will be done as quickly as possible and with more variety in bot type.

The winner will be chosen by assigning each participating Agent a set of numbers depending on the amount of tickets purchased, then using a random number generator to pick the Agent.  A program is in the works to automate this process and remove human error.  More sophisticated systems could be developed in the future if needed, such as a website to register and track the raffles on.

Once the winner has been chosen, they will be contacted and arrangements made to give them their prize!  Transfers will be made at ICS Alpha Terminal, Attalica.  If you are not sure how to get there, I will be glad to help you find your way.

How do I know I can trust you?

Simply put, you don't know you can trust me.  This will start small and slowly build up to larger and larger prizes over time.  Through continued payouts and satisfied customers you will see that this is an upstanding venture, and that you can trust Robo Raffle for all of your robot needs  (or at least wants wink).

Re: Robo Raffle

You obviously failed to grasp the philosophy behind a lottery, but i can't say im sad for that.

Lemme know if your lottery has anything meaningful to offer. Like something joe casual can't get after 3 hours of grinding for NIC.

-Don't let the haters get you down Robo, i think this is a fine idea for the community. No one has to participate, just a fun little jaunt and yer right, something new players can potentially win something at.

The only suggestion i would have would be to limit entrants to one per agent, but i know you want to make money off this is possible so the multiple entry option is understood.

Good luck to Robo and all that participate in the raffle.

Rattletrap, who only got 1 million NIC after 3 hours of grinding and wants Peach to give him his 2 million due.

I smell an opportunity for robbery!

The Game

With the current stage of the game, players can get most of the available items without too much time spent, yes.  What Robo Raffle offers is a much easier and more fun way to achieve the same goals.  This will evolve into more and more expensive items through time, but for now things need to start small to test the waters and build trust in the community.

Even if you already have an assault robot, having the added security of a backup is a very reasonable way to spend 50,000 NIC.  This is not only for the new player looking for his first assault.  Instead of buying insurance for your robot, buy raffle tickets!

Im leaving game and have over 100b is..NIC to give away

send me some (min 1mil NIC) and i will send you 2xtimes back

nice idea Robo, i think the tickets are a tad overpriced, but meh..

<points mean prizes>

~M~

In the echelons of human history, legend spoke of the Messiah, who would lead the lost, from the darkness, into the light...

~Don't say you weren't warned~

I don't think a newby will so easily part with his 50K...

It appears that there is not enough interested in a service such as this at this time, and I will be closing raffle until further notice.  In the future when there is more diversity in the market, more liquidity in the average player base, and a larger population I will consider opening this service again.

If you do have an interest in this, concerns or critiques, or you are interested in getting involved, just post it here.

See you all in the (hopefully near) future!

-Robo Raffle