Topic: Station and Teleport Lag

I am repeatedly getting problems using teleports. It has affected beacons and island teleports both. Not all the time but enough to be troublesome. I will click the teleport button and nothing will happen. Sometimes it greys out and I cant press it and sometimes I can repeatedly press it and nothing happens.

Eventually it will respond and teleport me, but I have had to wait up to a minute for it to register. I can walk around while waiting, but if I stray to far it will give me the too far from teleport error. And once I have jumped, it will give me an error from clicking the teleport button on the otherside, but it not registering until after I actually get teleported through.

And Lag inside stations has been terrible as well. The first problem is the lag when opening corp or private storage. It takes forever for these screens to load usually. Even when there is not much in the folders it takes a very long time. Also bringing up the Spark teleport list takes forever to populate. I will sometimes move one item out of corp storage and it will hang and not allow me to move anything else for varying lengths of time. It can also be there when moving an item into a bots cargo or equipping mods. Sometimes it just hangs and doesn't show anything was moved, then 30 sec later it will move everything at once.

I have seen the same problem when harvesting plants, I will target 5 plants and the first one will lock, but I must wait for 30 sec or more before it will catch up and lock all the targets. During which time I can try to target or shoot my harvestor mods, but nothing happens.

I even see lag in the rotating terminal background screen that will rotate halfway and freeze. Then skip halfway around after a few seconds.

Most of this has showed up since the big assignment patch I think. I have a fairly high end PC with fiber internet, so I would be surprised if it is a problem on my end, unless it is just an old client on my end. But I have heard several people in my corp who are having the same problems with new and old clients alike.

The problems aren't all the time, but the station lag is more often then not.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Re: Station and Teleport Lag

One client or all clients?

If its one client copy paste the other on top should fix. If its all then its probably something to do with ram conflicts. Does it do it with undocking and logging in?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

It may be just 2 clients actually. I will pay closer attention. Although things look better since this latest hotfix.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Shadowmine wrote:

I even see lag in the rotating terminal background screen that will rotate halfway and freeze. Then skip halfway around after a few seconds.

This alone tells me that there is something up with your machine, something else strains your GPU so much that it can't even render the GUI properly. That something may be another Perpetuum client of course but we never really supported running multiple instances at the same time. (And today's hotfix did nothing to it either smile )

5 (edited by Shadowmine 2013-11-13 23:41:09)

Currently running: i7-3820@3.6, 32gb 4 channel 1600mhz ram. GeForce 660ti Win 7 64bit. And perp clients installed on my SSD. Cant imagine what is bad on my end. But I will check it out. Its not an all the time problem but it was enough to be annoying. It seemed to always relate to doing something in station. Whether it was equipping bot or checking corp storage or whatever. I will keep notes if it happens again.

Overheating may cause such problems because the GPU will throttle back the clock speeds as far as I know. But that's just a guess.

Temps are all good. Large gaming tower 7 fans and water cooled cpu. Havent had any temp increase over normal. Burial deleted .gbf and crash logs and says he is running much better. May try that too.