Re: - Spark Teleport - Power Projection - Now with poll!

Gunner wrote:

I dont care about the travel layout.

If I want to move a group or a guy, I'll use Tellys and Interzones. The lower interzone price helps us here.

If it isnt worth the time or the money, then that is a CHOICE that I make.

Even projecting from Alpha is better than the current system as it is.

If I had my way, there would just be blood sparks like it used to be.

Prior to spt, perp felt like a large world and moving required decisions to be made about time and other concerns like, if we moved from Alpha, opponents have the opportunity to see you moving or disrupt or scan or whatever.

That simple thing, above, is a small example of an in-game movement that doesnt exist when people insta-project.

The difference Gunner is none if us are starting or pushing a forum campaign to drastically change the way you play, because we can't beat you in game.

Please tell me why a 5 minute cooldown and a 250k nic charge per spark tele would not solve 95% of your complaints.

Both you and Lobo have stated in the last few pages you don't give a rats *** about Gamma, so why are you pushing a change that *** Gamma? It will do very little to change power projection and PvP, you know, the original arguement for this topics. Even Zoom has stated he does not expect it to change PvP much ...

Then why do it? Before SpT the world was a 1/3 of its size. You cannot use that as a valid example.
Comparisons to EvE are not valid either, EvE with 7000 systems is 2000 times the playing size of Perp. A game changing mechanic still leaves lots of systems for someone to do their thing. Here, this change reduces the playability of a small area even smaller. But its perfect for you and Lobo and Balf who just want to shoot and roam.

Subscription games need their steady carebear subs, in EvE they are 85% of the revenue. Gamma is 2/3rds of the current available la d mass in perp. eventually players will move out and colonize, when players come. You guys are so worried about the Steam influx sparking everywhere, when the problem will be no noob will like or bother with the logistics required to settle Gamma. When I was in War with you many many new players hated all the teavelling back then. But hey, as long as you push a change that panders to your exact playstyle, *** the rest, right.

And Estamel ... Wut? When did I ever say my sub, or voice, was more important than yours? The point was those against the current SpT weren't actively using it. I don't lnow if you ate Kanogi, but I gotta say on comms Kanogi was far more reasonable than your responses so I will assume its aomeone else.

In the end I will play this game whatever the rules are. But I think this proposed change will do more to harm the game overall than help. My opinion.

377 (edited by Merkle 2013-11-18 02:56:40)

Lobo wrote:
Burial wrote:

I agree that Spark Teleports should be removed since there's just no way to balance them against everything(different playstyles, different ambitions and so on), but if that were to happen then:
- Teleport beacons need a buff.
- Alpha needs more connections.
I've suggested all of those many times, feels like going in circles. You feel the same? smile

First time in along time I agree with ya Burial.

Lower the size of standard to 1U leave
Decrease the CD of Emergency
Increase the CD and interval of Armored
Add a second Interzone mid sized and mid ranged
Add a TP receiver Module Head slot that makes a signal for TP's to Jump to when activated bot gets  stuck in place for 5 mins and costs plasma to turn on.

Re-introduce the triangle Alpha 1s

Allow 2 sparks only 1 Alpha and 1 Gamma.

If Zoom was actually interested in dealing with the "problem" instead of just prolonging it with more of the same he would be wise to take heed of this.

Zoom you have already stated how you wish for us to play the game, but then you accept a point system that just will prolong the "problem" even more.  This just make ZERO sense at all in my eyes.

Sure I dont agree with it all, but this is from your side here, if your going to change something do what is suggested above.  It will actually fix what you deem to be broken.

Edit: Tele blockers are nothing new, its just they would seem to not have the resources to implement just a logical counter to what is actually happening in PVP.

Edit 2: The premise of what Burial and Lobo is correct however the balancing within those ideas would need to be looked at, for example the U size of Tele's is just  fine in my eyes, as well as the CD on emergency.  Those are details however, ones the Team will have to figure out.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Thanks for the input everyone, some ideas might come in handy in the future.

Based on the votes and the feedback we'll do a mix of options 2 and 3:
Alpha1=1, Alpha2=2, Beta terminal=3, Gamma=2, Beta outpost=3

The change will likely happen in early December.

379 (edited by Merkle 2013-11-18 04:19:08)

This is not a wise choice, It does not fix the problem that is at hand.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

This is not a wise choice, I does not fix the problem that is at hand.

The other option Zoom was considering to do was to give everyone 1 or 2 sparks max, the slot credit system is a good compromise.

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

A good compromise of not do anything, nor making any hard choices.  This is more of the same, on one hand we are told one thing, yet on the other nothing is done. 

Lobo has a idea that actually fixes the problems, while keeping sparks to those who need them, alpha and gamma users.

Yet its just glossed over, quickly and quietly.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

A step in the right direction.

Now, we just add in the small distance cost per spark that Zoom suggested and we have something gamelike instead of the existing Meta-mechanics.

Thanks Zoom

DEV Zoom wrote:

I only agree to the Zoom suggestion because he wasnt willing to do anything at all until this point.

so

well

yeah

Atticus wrote:
Gunner wrote:

I dont care about the travel layout.

If I want to move a group or a guy, I'll use Tellys and Interzones. The lower interzone price helps us here.

If it isnt worth the time or the money, then that is a CHOICE that I make.

Even projecting from Alpha is better than the current system as it is.

If I had my way, there would just be blood sparks like it used to be.

Prior to spt, perp felt like a large world and moving required decisions to be made about time and other concerns like, if we moved from Alpha, opponents have the opportunity to see you moving or disrupt or scan or whatever.

That simple thing, above, is a small example of an in-game movement that doesnt exist when people insta-project.

The difference Gunner is none if us are starting or pushing a forum campaign to drastically change the way you play, because we can't beat you in game.

Please tell me why a 5 minute cooldown and a 250k nic charge per spark tele would not solve 95% of your complaints.

Both you and Lobo have stated in the last few pages you don't give a rats *** about Gamma, so why are you pushing a change that *** Gamma? It will do very little to change power projection and PvP, you know, the original arguement for this topics. Even Zoom has stated he does not expect it to change PvP much ...

Then why do it? Before SpT the world was a 1/3 of its size. You cannot use that as a valid example.
Comparisons to EvE are not valid either, EvE with 7000 systems is 2000 times the playing size of Perp. A game changing mechanic still leaves lots of systems for someone to do their thing. Here, this change reduces the playability of a small area even smaller. But its perfect for you and Lobo and Balf who just want to shoot and roam.

Subscription games need their steady carebear subs, in EvE they are 85% of the revenue. Gamma is 2/3rds of the current available la d mass in perp. eventually players will move out and colonize, when players come. You guys are so worried about the Steam influx sparking everywhere, when the problem will be no noob will like or bother with the logistics required to settle Gamma. When I was in War with you many many new players hated all the teavelling back then. But hey, as long as you push a change that panders to your exact playstyle, *** the rest, right.

And Estamel ... Wut? When did I ever say my sub, or voice, was more important than yours? The point was those against the current SpT weren't actively using it. I don't lnow if you ate Kanogi, but I gotta say on comms Kanogi was far more reasonable than your responses so I will assume its aomeone else.

In the end I will play this game whatever the rules are. But I think this proposed change will do more to harm the game overall than help. My opinion.

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Gunner wrote:

You know, it still shocks me that EVE has 5 or so sparks and there is a delay of 19-24 hours per use

19-24 hours per use

19-24 hours per use

19-24 hours per use

Seriously, and we are discussing the validity of 10 sparks with unlimited use in 36 islands

lol, ridiculous

Actually on that note CCP last i heard was looking to drop the cool down timer, down from 24 hours to something like 9-12 i think.

Also, CCP allows up to 10 jump clones in Eve now. Just saying.

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

Travel time is also a REAL issue with this game. So removing SpT without helping movement somehow is crazy. But whatever fix is done must not take the addition of new items as there arent the resources to allocate to developing such a thing until after steam at best. So while all these ideas are great, they don't do anything to further the discussion at hand.

Removing sparks from all betas will make the relatively few beta islands we have seem much larger. They will also require players to actively live at their beta outposts as you will have to drive out there for sap attacks AND defences. It will REMOVE all instant power projection except a blood spark location. It will make betas the roamable landscape everyone wants. It will entice people in fact to live there without fear of instadeath.

This seems to me like the easiest solution that will offer the most benefit to the main complaints that people have.
Please let me know your thoughts on this.

You could reduce the spark teleport locations to 5 with spark teleport 10 skill if you really still felt the need to swing the nerf hammer.

Heres what i think should happen to help travel time:

1. Make Highways go right to the TP, having them stop short at random distances is silly.
2. Boost the speed buff Highways give.
3. Make Highways continuouse from their start point to the end destination so many Highways are in sections with  gaps of many 100s of Meters between the next section. This is stupid & unnecessary.
4. The DEVs have the movement maps for all the islands please use them to locate the best routes for Highways to be in.
5. Bring Highways to ALL Beta islands BUT make them a bonus that a station owner can turn on & off. Each player Outpost would control a section of Highways on an island. see my link for an example (actually ill just make a new thread & link it later smile  ).

6. Allow players to build Highways on gamma T1 T2 T3 Make them consume LOTS of power
7. Reinstate TP connections between the Alpha 1 islands
8. Some how Auto pilot needs to defer to use of Highways. Or have little Syntec arkhes go up & down all the alpha Highs at a set speed that people can just put on follow smile

I think the above would be a great improvement to the transportation system. i personally am against further use of mobile teleporters. These should be a luxury item not a must have to get around the game. the way these are used so much shows to me that the transportation network as a whole in this game needs some more fine tuning.

+1 On Obi's ideas here.

DEV Zoom wrote:

+1

Funny enough, that combination is the one I would have voted for if it had been an option originally, so yeah... +1 on that choice Zoom.

I still stick by with what I said and what Obi said though, the nic increase (of up to 5 million) as a nic sink won't affect the vets but will be brutal for the new players that come into game when it's a 5 mil nic cap. Zoom, I do hope you take some time to consider that part.

I think Merkle is dead on about one thing. SpT 10 just became the new Nav 10. I know where my EP is now going for my accounts for awhile. fuuu

Don't forget to remove and reimburse SpT extension at all and make those 10 SpT tokens available right from the start for everyone. Then don't forget to move all the players stuff from personal and corporate storages on Betas to says starter Alphas-1.
And finally, you could wipe the whole Beta ownership, letting the people to start everything from the beginning.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

387 (edited by Inda 2013-11-18 12:26:54)

Line wrote:

Don't forget to remove and reimburse SpT extension at all and make those 10 SpT tokens available right from the start for everyone.

+1

+1 to Zoom also good compomise

PS: You guys have this much time to read? O.o (I even cant read alkl the posts here, if I would like.)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

a 2 point for gamma is way better. will will make life for ppl living on gammas hard, but may work. 3 points would bot be possible in a usefull way. still logistics will be a pain.
we need a lot other improvments on gamma, but i guess this will take a while.

The spark teleport extension will not be removed. It may be a must-have for many but not everyone, and even those who use it will not necessarily need all 10 slots.

so everyone musthave this skill and they mustspent EP by default? Why navigation been removed then?.. roll

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

DEV Zoom wrote:

The spark teleport extension will not be removed. It may be a must-have for many but not everyone, and even those who use it will not necessarily need all 10 slots.

If someone doesn't need to use all 10 tokens, he simply wouldn't, that's up to him. You can't just force lots of players and possible incoming newbies to save EP just because a small bunch of whiners is unable to hold their pants without your help.

If you don't have a time for changing that extension to tokens system, then don't change sparks at all.

Line: by that logic everything in the game is "forced" that needs extensions to unlock.

393 (edited by Burial 2013-11-18 18:51:53)

I'm glad you picked 2 for Gammas over 3, it gives slightly more room for people involved. I just hope the matter is not considered done with and transportation as a whole gets some attention in the (not too distant) future too.

I agree here with Zoom, Spark Teles 10 is not nearly as forced to players as Navigation 10 was. I will have all Beta2-s covered for 6 points and the extra 4 gives enougn playroom for important SAPs and such. As a newbie, you probably don't need more points than 4-5.

(By the way, running polls like the one here is a very good idea and I think you should do it more often!)

Burial: it's not done with this, but this is all we can squeeze into our plans right now unfortunately.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Line: by that logic everything in the game is "forced" that needs extensions to unlock.

Difference is, that there is no threadnoughts about small lasers or heavy gliders, and that's it.

If everyone is agreed that SpT extension becomes another "must have" with that change, why to keep it at all? I mean, what's the problem in SpT tokens instead of SpT extensions? You don't even need to implement much, everything is already in place, just use it in a different way. No time for that? Lies, if you have a time for SpT change, then you have a time to tokens change. Don't want it to be too easy? Don't think so, because SpT change keeping an extension hurts newbies much more than you think - like, newbie Alpha traders should have it at least at 6 and if you expect that they will wait you're wrong - way easier for them to just leave the game with such PITA logistics. Or probably, you think that there is not that much ppl who would like tokens? Hell, I'll just create as much threadnaughts as it's necessary.

Or maybe you can expand your opinion more?

Development time has nothing to do with it, it's a simply a design choice. SpT is really not something that you can't live without in the game, given that some of you even want to remove it. Sure it becomes more and more useful as you advance in the game, but Alpha traders having a hard time with the change? The only change they will see is that they will need 2 slots for the Alpha2 terminals instead of 1, hardly game breaking. Newbies leaving because they can't wait until they get the extension to 6? Oh come on.

@ilum

regardless of EVE upping Sparks/jump clones to 10, there is still 19-24 hours delay where we have zero delay; goose egg

19-24 hours

The Nic charge for distance just stops people from repeatedly moving back and forth which does add up. vet or not

I see Kot and Burial bouncing like a super ball, all the time.  I do it too

ilum wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

+1

Funny enough, that combination is the one I would have voted for if it had been an option originally, so yeah... +1 on that choice Zoom.

I still stick by with what I said and what Obi said though, the nic increase (of up to 5 million) as a nic sink won't affect the vets but will be brutal for the new players that come into game when it's a 5 mil nic cap. Zoom, I do hope you take some time to consider that part.

I think Merkle is dead on about one thing. SpT 10 just became the new Nav 10. I know where my EP is now going for my accounts for awhile. fuuu

DEV Zoom wrote:

Development time has nothing to do with it, it's a simply a design choice. SpT is really not something that you can't live without in the game, given that some of you even want to remove it. Sure it becomes more and more useful as you advance in the game, but Alpha traders having a hard time with the change? The only change they will see is that they will need 2 slots for the Alpha2 terminals instead of 1, hardly game breaking. Newbies leaving because they can't wait until they get the extension to 6? Oh come on.

Here is an example. Let it be my corp have both vets and newbies, a newbies that are already involved in PvP, just not that strong etc. Most of newbies didn't even leveled that ext higher than 5 - it wasn't necessary cuz they had 1 spark at gamma, 1 at alpha-2 and 3 at betas. Soubds good in terms of defending, BUT! Now you're telling us that SpT change imminent. What will happen to them? By new rules, lvl 5 is only enough for 1 gamma and 1 beta - bad choice, as there is nothing to do on gammas and betas if no pvp. Or, they could go 1 beta and 1-2 alpha - bad choice aswell, cuz we want them to be able to defend a gamma base cuz it's most expensive thing in the game. Oh, maybe they could go 1 alpha and 1 gamma instead? Bad choice again, cuz with that crappy sap mechanics we want ppl to defend saps and prevent ninja rats too - and with that change is coming, attacks on saps will just increase.

So they had to choose, and maybe that's fine. But guess what - we will force them to make it beta and gamma, no matter they got bored as hell and stop playing. Tell you more - every newbie that will join us, will be forced to do the same right after he gets at lvl 5. And yes they will be bored as hell and leave too.

Have such example ever came into your mind?

Line: so you won't have an army of spark teleporting newbies when Steam hits, bummer. Working as intended really.