Topic: quality of life improvements

So im sure we all have seen little things in this game that annoy us smile

this thread tho is for you to voice those annoying aspects of the game & post what you would like introduced or changed.

Please tho keep it to idea that you think would be simple to introduce.

Heres one that bugs me.

I want to be able to Ctrl-A (select all) my bots cargo or hanger.

Have a go smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

2 (edited by Goffer 2013-11-04 08:01:13)

Re: quality of life improvements

Here is a part of my xmas wish list, it is nothing new, but long missed wink
1) Produce, RE, etc from container, very nice would be a possibility to select which container to use to keep track of different projects, top class would be possibility to include corp storage as well as a source, given appropriate rights.
2) Get in transaction windows additional information of the terminal that
belongs to message like "sell item", returned buyorder in a further row
3) possibility to extract complete log at once instead of need to save each side individual
4) reduce the amount of different commodities needed in that cases, when simple items require 4-5 commodities, and simplify in that cases when it is same 3 ores needed.

3 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2013-11-04 08:02:22)

- when split stack you have to click in the window to type in the numbers. you even have to delete the other number first, realy anoying. when i split then next i want to do is type in the numbers. without extra mouse usage.

- when i move stacks into the cargo it should automaticly spit it up so that it will fit. even if i move multible stacks. atm we only get error that its too big.

Market search should be:

- If you type something, it will automatically search all categories without you having to click on them.
- If you click on some category, the search term will not be used and usual category content will be shown, unfiltered.

That's probably something small that annoys me the most.

When you're selected a wrong boy and already started to deploy when realized that and you can't cancel that - THAT'S annoying.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

CTRL-A select all please. I'm sure Gargaj can code this in 2 minutes!

1. In pop up confirmation boxes auto-focus on the default option button so I can use Enter/Return.
2. Small icon option in personal storage (I know the icons exist they're shown on remote storage)
3. CT points displayed on CT icon
4. Tick box to filter prototypes on/off in market window
5. Auto stack in field containers - Oh, wait! you've already done that one smile

I'm sure I'll think of more. Little things really count. Good topic.

The ctrl+a request surfaces every now and then and we always explain that we can't do it since windows have no focus and the client wouldn't know which window it should apply the selection to. A new GUI engine would be needed. (This also applies to the number input and popup focus problems.)

However, as a workaround I was thinking that we could do something like ctrl+doubleclick or any other combination with a click, since that points out the window where you want to select all. Or even doubleclick on empty space in the window.

Double click unpack bot.

Double click activate bot

Right click create squad

Adjust windows from all four corners

asset search

Corp asset search

Sub folders for corp hanger

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

Double click unpack bot.

Double click activate bot

Right click create squad

Adjust windows from all four corners

asset search

Corp asset search

Sub folders for corp hanger

I really like the asset/corp asset search idea.

double click to unpack and activate sounds awsome. i hate it when the information screen pops up accitently. and it happens a lot.

Doubleclick on an unpacked robot already opens its cargo so that can't be used to activate it too.

- Load ammo to all guns by dragging it.

14 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-11-05 05:15:54)

1) Sub-folders! Make private storage similar to how corp storage works. Give me sub-folders or give me death!!   

2) Also, like its be suggested above,  I want to produce, out of/into, a single folder. I don't even need to be able to choose which folder it is.  I just want a folder were all my commodities/cortexes/mods come out of, and all produced items go into.  Or, even better, a second folder where all finished produced items go into.

3) make all produced items Auto stack in my inventory. Yes, I know I can right click and select Storage stack or whatever its called, but I would love if it did this automatically.

commodity requirements in the factory screen sorted alphabetically.  (Just like you have the refine drop down!)

When in Squad if the squad leader / squad managers draw on the radar should be in a different colour other than white smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Market window, left frame (one with tree) should be resizeable

- tier sorting at market, If I want T4 to buy or T3 shouldn't be see all items.

- 2 or 3 circle to the radar to bot amplfier range, and the gun range and even anything you can use, demob distance 3 is should enoguh with cahngable colors

- help the NON communistic groups to PLAY, I mean do an integrated corpmanagement, now the BEST is the COMMUNISTIC modell shouldnt be the only option (For capitalistic modell you need to play the game as leader +many hour more than communistic leader NOT FAIR!)

I want a print option for my buy/sell orders.  It would make management so much easier now that I'm trying to supply six alpha terminals.   Simply seeing 10 on a screen at once isn't working so well for me and writing it all out on paper takes too long.

20 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-11-05 17:29:04)

Also, one of my biggest gripes.  Why the hell are we limited to a certain number of buy/sell orders?  That is a EP sink that is both stupid and pointless.  If people want to be marketiers like Hydra, let them have unlimited buy/sell orders.

- Search or filters in any kind of logs
- Save results of chassis scanner
- Full export of corporation storage logs, or at least daily/weekly/monthly but NOT THAT STUPID 100500 PAGES

Patch notes reminded me of one:

Artifact scan shows a unique identifier for each artifact. There a so many situations where not being able to distinguish between the two or three artifacts of the same type is infuriating.

when i do an intrusion scan and dock DONT KILL THE *** RESULT

i wondered that noone has brought it up yet:

pls for gods sake, fix the autopilot.

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

i wondered that noone has brought it up yet:

pls for gods sake, fix the autopilot.

DEAR GOD YES!!!! Please fix this before ANYTHING else.