Topic: Remove Epriton from Colixum based commodities?

i think it might  be a good idea to seperate this discussion.
inspierd by this post: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/85082/#p85082

it seams tux has a valid point here. or at least partial

Spliting Epriton and Colixum
maybe epriton and colixum based commodities should be seperated.
it could make sense. and would give a better way to control the future resource needs for production. atm you cant use colixum without epriton. simply because epriton is in all colixum based commodities.

if you remove epriton from then you have more options:
you can have productions that require epriton
you can have productions that require epriton and colixum
and you can have productions that require colixum only (yes and general resoures)
atm the last one is not possible.

but with these resources divides you can regulate the resource distribution between epriton and colixum with the commodities the productions will require. atm you can make a production only cost more epriton by increasing the number of epriton based commodities. but you can not increase the need of colixum compared to epriton beyond the point that you only use colixum commodities.

No Epriton for MPC?
if its realy good that mpcs dont require epriton is a thing im not too sure about it. but it surly worth a discussion. then it might make sense that you can increase your gamma base without epriton imports.

on the other hand you could even split this.
you can let some mpcs require epriton and some dont.

for example you could make the terminals cost a lot epriton, because you will bring your first anyway. then the others will need no epriton.
a lot combinations could be possible here.

trade is a good thing. but back to the good old topic. if we need to move great numbers of resources then we need the options to do so. what ever that might be: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … portation/

Re: Remove Epriton from Colixum based commodities?

Same with noralgis

Heliaso wrote:

Same with noralgis

well we only have 2 noralgis commodities. one epriton and one colixum based.

you could make a single noralgis commodity with only general resources. i dont think thats so good or you could just get rid of all commodities and manufacture with the resources alone.

or you could make a total of 4 nora commodities like epri and colixum. but i think thats a bit over the top.

so if epri gets removed from colixum then i think we are fine with these 2 noralgis based commodities.

i'm thinking a second plant associed with colixum.

epriton-noralgis
colixum-?

NO MORE PLANTS!!! For the love of all that is good and holy!!

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Shadowmine wrote:

NO MORE PLANTS!!! For the love of all that is good and holy!!

Hey I like tending to my crops sad

This would be fine as long as epriton remains essential to T3/T4 production. Thats more than enough to ensure it remains 100% relevant.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Epriton Should be in equipment and Robots .. it should not be in Structures after the removal of epri from gamma ...

I would support requiring MORE colixum (gamma only) in structures(gamma only) as long as they dont need minerals that you cannot get on the island you are building and using the structures on.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Tux looks like this helps cover part of the turret spam an power projection issue by requiring you to do additional steps on gamma.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Tux looks like this helps cover part of the turret spam an power projection issue by requiring you to do additional steps on gamma.

Most of my gamma work is done ... I feel for the guy who looks at one of our islands and says geez would love to have / build that ... oh wait they will never be able to because it will take them 10x time longer to gather the minerals needed to even come close. If structures continue to require epriton.

Its not just the extra 1 or 2 steps I have to take Its the hundreds that everyone else is going to have to take. I enjoy competition keeps the blood pumping .. . I think you will continue to see people slowly come back to the game for the sole reason of hunting epri miners . . its not going to effect larger corps as much as it is the smaller corps wink

There needs to be more logic in the mineral arena than just say everything takes nora and epri to be worth anything ... That is what were coming to and it doesn't look good... esp when nora can be planted anywhere and epri is only on 6 betas.

It's about the journey Tux not the destination.  I've experienced the content.  I look forward in seeing others experience it in the future.  I look forward to watching the evolution of players. Who cares if its a T1 base hanging out or a T3. None of it matters unless there are people to defend it.  People will have to start using the market and then the nic can flow again.

Oh and if you think this change will bring people back, you hitting the pipe a little too hard.

Ville wrote:

Oh and if you think this change will bring people back, you hitting the pipe a little too hard.

the stated goal of the change was to increase pvp . ... due to people complaining about the lack of it.

If this is not going to increase pvp or bring people back to the game then why do it ?

*** & Giggles ?? lol

I dont think a lot of what the devs are doing right now will bring people back to the game in droves but it may stop some from all out leaving or increase their activity. <~~ If not at least this then what is the point

I think the point is shifting the safety net some.  I hate to sound like Hunter but....  The only real thing that will increase population is new content for the vets OR a direct funnel of new players into the game.

14 (edited by Burial 2013-09-06 14:58:13)

More PVP should increase the population too. A lot left because there just was no >meaningful< PVP, PVE farming was boring and they didn't do industry.

Not to mention no matter how many walls you have in your Gamma, if you can't get Epriton, your production is on a stand still. wink

I expect quite many to be back because now they can compete in the Epriton market and live on beta without loosing too much to us living on Gamma, not to mention small gangs can actually annoy bigger blocks.

15 (edited by Celebro 2013-09-06 14:59:39)

Burial wrote:

More PVP should increase the population too. A lot left because there just was no PVP, PVE farming was boring and they didn't do industry.

Not to mention no matter how many walls you have in your Gamma, if you can't get Epriton, your production is on a stand still. wink

I expect quite many to be back simply because now they can compete in the Epriton market and live on beta without loosing too much to us living on Gamma, not to mention small gangs can actually annoy bigger blocks.

So players will come back to do more work?, not to mention mechs/HM and higher tier modules prices hitting the roof, making the player gap even wider, I doubt this. PVP still happens, we need more players, not another one of those ore balancing strategies which has always failed to deliver. There are not enough indy types to support pvp. They always fail when they try and force the PVP aspect. As if sandbox success means more PVP.

RIP PERPETUUM

A lot of players have said in the past that they don't see reason to play since they can't penetrate enemies gamma walls(too low numbers) and hitting their beta outposts is futile and really not slowing them down. Now, after that update you will have their industry bots out wide open for attacks, mining mineral that is crucial for almost all production. That should make the game a lot more interesting for a lot of players.

Will see I guess smile