Topic: Insurance (cost/payoff)

Seems a bit stange to me
Compared to other games the insurrance cost is high, very short duration but it's paying a lot.

An example: prometheus light bot,
cost at the market: 408.000 (I believe it's inf. amount, but not sure)
insurance cost: 122.000
payoff: 448.000

It seems I'm better off destroying my own bot before the insurance expires. I don't know how much time+other cost to produce this bot, but so far it seems better to insure and destroy then than try to sell it. (the best offers in the stations were around 200.000, destroying it would pay off 326.000)
Am I missing something, is it intentional?

2 (edited by Kaito Kurusaki 2010-12-07 08:03:06)

Re: Insurance (cost/payoff)

It's slightly broken. Currently I belive the insurance is calculcated from the market price.

I belive there was an incident in beta were a certain corp would start selling bots to themself in order to increase the market price. Which lead to the insurance payoff increasing to the point were it was profitable to TK eachother all day for maximum gain.

Now supposedly this should be harder to do. More players = bigger market etc. I'm not so sure though. Industrialists are selling bots from the trade channel to MUCH reduced price. I doubt this is calculcated into the insurance price.

So you can buy a bot for 1.5m off the tradechannel and have it insured for 1.6m since the market price is 2.2m etc. (Not accurate numbers)

ya, its based of off market price, which will sort it self out in the near future once the market/economy is fully flushed out.  The system may need tweaking but its probably a little too soon to tell.

If its based on the market price - how come a chameleon that went for 5.5 down to 2.5 can only be insured for effective 1.5?

Henkst wrote:

If its based on the market price - how come a chameleon that went for 5.5 down to 2.5 can only be insured for effective 1.5?

it takes into account, not only sell orders, but buy orders as well.  The dorks that put up buy orders for 5,000nic mess with the system. Hopefully this will even out more in the future.

Thanks for pointing out.