1 (edited by Heliaso 2013-08-25 18:26:46)

Topic: Some shortcut are broken

"Map", "Private storage" and "Agent profile" shortcuts are broken , they open only and do not close since the recent patch.

Re: Some shortcut are broken

Map and Agent Profile windows do not open/close with a keyboard shortcut. They open but you have to use the mouse to close them.

That's actually intended (by player request afaik): now when a window is open, the menu button doesn't close it, but brings it to front instead.

4 (edited by Heliaso 2013-08-25 19:46:53)

Can you change it to bring to front / reduce window :

First press => Open the window
Second press => Reduce the window ( not close )
Third press => Bring back to front

i can understand the first player request, because we got a little lag/freeze when we open agent profile or map , but have to click for closing is just annoying. ( 3 years that i used it and i don't think be alone )

UP

The trick here would be to 'recognize' whether a window is on top or not. This could be done by having the shortcut that was last clicked (either to open it or bring it to the front) also act as a close button. Once you click a different shortcut, have that shortcut act as the close button for the window it opened/brought to front. This would be pretty much how it worked before, without closing buried windows you'd expect would be opened with it's shortcut (which would be the improvement over the previous shortcut behavior).

I would also suggest something similar with the 'taskbar' modality at the bottom of the terminal UI; having it bring the window to the front on the first click, and minimize it on the second click, but only if it was clicked previously.

7 (edited by Doek 2013-08-26 11:46:47)

Heliaso wrote:

Can you change it to bring to front / reduce window :

First press => Open the window
Second press => Reduce the window ( not close )
Third press => Bring back to front

i can understand the first player request, because we got a little lag/freeze when we open agent profile or map , but have to click for closing is just annoying. ( 3 years that i used it and i don't think be alone )

Have a shortcut that minimizes the window that was last opened/brought to front.

8 (edited by Heliaso 2013-08-26 12:24:13)

I just wish to have the POSSIBLILTY to close or minimize with a shortcut like before the last patch.

No matter how it will work.

With Doek's system, it would just take two clicks to close it after you've opened it. First brings it to front and second closes it.

Quite smooth, +1 from me.

A new client is out, it's now optional.