Re: Steam release, full 100% reset. Plus free to play model. Awesome!

Open steam greenlight, search "perpetuum". What we see? "Available now". I - new player. I like this game, i pay and... Devs - "We closing game and reopen with fullreset in Steam"? Lol?

I would like to see free to play.  With a cash shop for noveltys maybe some extra % boosts for production things, cosmetic items, maybe EP boosts and buy options.  I'm open for what ever brings AND keeps people, except sparks.  Completely unbalanced 1 hr cooldown is needed.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

wtf Ville... no shop, no any boost, etc... cosmetic - maybe.

P. S. Devs, Give us the Russian section of the forum!

Oh come on Chemist.  Look at the distribution platform we are going too.  All the MMOs out there are FTP.  Look you want to spend $500 for 5 months of EP who cares?  More $ for content development.

105 (edited by Chemist 2013-08-30 18:01:28)

Ville wrote:

Oh come on Chemist.  Look at the distribution platform we are going too.  All the MMOs out there are FTP.  Look you want to spend $500 for 5 months of EP who cares?  More $ for content development.

Y, i know.

Okay. WTB 10kk EP. Is that what you want to see?

Look. I create an account, to invest
money in it and is pumped faster than
the others. The game is not interesting to
me because I then just selling account.

And if 10... 100... 1000 accounts? Just a business. And dead *** game.

Do you want to spend the money?
Waste, but on things that do not break
the game balance and do not infringe
upon the rights of others - the scenery,
posters, coloring robots, etc. and sell in the
game as ice.

Don't rise to it, Chemist.

If your willing to buy 10 million EP at 5 grand then I say go for it.  5 grand buys a lot of toasters.

109 (edited by Whorum Post Alt 2013-09-01 23:48:10)

Cassius wrote:
Whorum Post Alt wrote:

So, let's say that a character that started, day 1, and has kept active has 2 million EP  (I don't know the total, so that's just an example number).  Any current or new account can buy EP in packages up to 1.5m after which no further EP can be applied and they'll have to progress based on time as normal.

The EP package would be exactly the same as it would cost for a 1, 6, or 12 month subscription, but all applied immediately.  No other benefits are given (thus standings and goods have to be worked for).  They would, of course, need to purchase subscriptions thereafter as normal (or not, if they go the free-to-play route).

So I pay twice for the same EP I already paid for?
No.

No, no. Not at all, no.
In the above example, let's say in it's duration Perp's peak EP is 2 million.  That's not gonna change, if you have that much EP you have that much... and you can't buy more.  But, on the same token, you wouldn't loose any EP or items because there would be no wipe.

But I have 1m, 100k, or none, and would like to invest some of my wallet to make myself somewhat competitive... so I can purchase blocks of EP up to 75% of the current cap - 1.5 million EP - and no more than that, per account.  All I get is EP, nothing else.  You already have the garage full of bots, tier 4, gamma, research that I will still have to work for.

Whorum Post Alt wrote:
Cassius wrote:
Whorum Post Alt wrote:

So, let's say that a character that started, day 1, and has kept active has 2 million EP  (I don't know the total, so that's just an example number).  Any current or new account can buy EP in packages up to 1.5m after which no further EP can be applied and they'll have to progress based on time as normal.

The EP package would be exactly the same as it would cost for a 1, 6, or 12 month subscription, but all applied immediately.  No other benefits are given (thus standings and goods have to be worked for).  They would, of course, need to purchase subscriptions thereafter as normal (or not, if they go the free-to-play route).

No.

No, no. Not at all, no.
In the above example, let's say in it's duration Perp's peak EP is 2 million.  That's not gonna change, if you have that much EP you have that much... and you can't buy more.  But, on the same token, you wouldn't loose any EP or items because there would be no wipe.

But I have 1m, 100k, or none, and would like to invest some of my wallet to make myself somewhat competitive... so I can purchase blocks of EP up to 75% of the current cap - 1.5 million EP - and no more than that, per account.  All I get is EP, nothing else.  You already have the garage full of bots, tier 4, gamma, research that I will still have to work for.

So basically you want to brake one of the core principles of time based progression? um no. either keep the system as is or switch it to action based progression. Pay to win is a bad idea & this idea is along those lines.

111 (edited by MegaMaid 2013-09-02 19:03:50)

I am for a full robot role rebalance to make newbies relevant as anything besides cannon fodder as well as an evaluation of training time to effectiveness for them.

The key is to get new players involved in something. If you restart the game you will have the same problems after a while because it will become too difficult to get involved in the interesting areas of the game.

Whorum Post Alt wrote:
Cassius wrote:
Whorum Post Alt wrote:

No.

No, no. Not at all, no.

With that mentality you are going to get that type of players.

Crying and moaning when things don't favor them.

Aghem.