Re: Change to teleporting with PvP flag

Ok, first of all you can't jump back and forth with a PvP flag (at least not in a way that you are untouchable) due to the molecular instability effect. Second, the syndicate protection goes away instantly if you do anything. Am I missing something here?

Yes, they way you are explaining it we will have people sitting on the external gates with hardened shields.

Sure they can be "shot" for a second or two, but when the jump back in though the external gate, they can wait out there protection (all the while getting ACC) and then just jump right back until there flag runs out.  With next to zero risk of dieing.

The reason you cant do it now is that you cant jump on externals.  If you do this, you need to add in, either if you are flagged you have ZERO protection when jumping, OR you instantly reflag AND your protection is Halfed.

As it is right now YOU CAN jump back in forth through externals gates with next to no chance of getting killed.  There is a chance but you have to get really lucky to get them.  And if they are shielded...just forget it.  You will never neut them with a ictus and kill them intime before they jump back and forth.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Good point, if you don't do anything it can be used to gain time and let your accumulator charge.

29 (edited by Burial 2013-08-20 13:29:02)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Ok, first of all you can't jump back and forth with a PvP flag (at least not in a way that you are untouchable) due to the molecular instability effect. Second, the syndicate protection goes away instantly if you do anything. Am I missing something here?

It happens even now on Alphas and internal teleports. When you flag, you just jump around internals until your flag collapses. Of course you shouldn't do anything that breaks Syndicate Protection but after it runs out naturally, you have enough time to teleport off before anything manages to lock you/do enough damage to kill you - especially if you have a shield.

I think the best idea so far is to remove Syndicate Protection from people with flag. Would there be any issues with that?

I think the refersh of PVP flag is equally good but feels like end result will be who has more time to play teleporter games. (reminds me that situation)

30 (edited by Heliaso 2013-08-20 13:39:50)

Just remove syndicate protection when you have PVP flag.

Reset PVP flag when you jump between islands is stupid.

The protection flag should not be removed because players would die while the game is still loading. My suggestion would be to make the molecular instability time longer.

32 (edited by Heliaso 2013-08-20 14:35:05)

DEV Zoom wrote:

My suggestion would be to make the molecular instability time longer.

Only for players with PVP flag, right ?

Heliaso wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

My suggestion would be to make the molecular instability time longer.

Only for players with PVP flag, right ?

If we can solve it, yes.

DEV Zoom wrote:

The protection flag should not be removed because players would die while the game is still loading. My suggestion would be to make the molecular instability time longer.

I agree.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Just give it big enough window to make it matter. wink

The DeVs so loves waste their time for useless stuff.. Few years everybody played with current system and everything been fine. But exactly now it have to be changed.
We keep communicate with dreamers who not plays perpetuum. And they ofthen ask me about news and changes.
I can imagine this:
- Hey Hunter, what's new in perpetuum?
- There are new teleport system! Now you can jump to other island with flag!
- Wow! No way, you kidding me! I can't believe in that! This is exactly that was missing! Now i should try it AFAIK! *sarcasm*

...Guys. I know you can create really good content. Concentrate your energy on the really important things. Of course rebalancing the old stuff much easier, but this is marking time.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Hunter wrote:

The DeVs so loves waste their time for useless stuff.. Few years everybody played with current system and everything been fine. But exactly now it have to be changed.
We keep communicate with dreamers who not plays perpetuum. And they ofthen ask me about news and changes.
I can imagine this:
- Hey Hunter, what's new in perpetuum?
- There are new teleport system! Now you can jump to other island with flag!
- Wow! No way, you kidding me! I can't believe in that! This is exactly that was missing! Now i should try it AFAIK! *sarcasm*

...Guys. I know you can create really good content. Concentrate your energy on the really important things. Of course rebalancing the old stuff much easier, but this is marking time.

lol, this made me giggle.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Hunter wrote:

I'm guessing this was something of a 0.2% hit on their monthly budget. That's a pretty reasonable amount of time to spend on something that has something of a serious effect on engagements.

And besides, what would the response be if they advertised they've been refactoring old code and fixing memory leaks?

The change is out on the test server now. If you have an active PvP flag and go through a teleport, the molecular instability effect will last 3 times as long as normally (20 -> 60 sec).

Awesome! I think....

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

its like a sidenote

I am not even sure about what cool things we can do with this.

At least, a really big fight can pour in to anywhere.

I had some fun with this on live server, it's a small change that makes a real difference. wink

RIP PERPETUUM

+1

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Fight starts in Dom, flagged people pour run to Tell. gate and hop in, fight continues in to tellessis. 

bunch of new people are around, few flag up for fun

more people shooting now, fight moves to another Alpha or somethhing, then in to Nova

seems interesting

Ville wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Great, now we would need to add a cool down for sparks on alpha.

+1, might I suggest 1 hour globally.

No one uses a spark for alpha, at least the ones that have a brain.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

46 (edited by Gunner 2013-08-26 00:37:14)

Finally, was just thinking about this.

Ok so all these BS teleport games will be null and void, which is great.

You know the, wait for X to shoot, then jump and run.  Thats over with.  Which is cool.

That is also true for the my gang of 20 and your gang of 20 on the other side, now its just fight instead of Fing around with teleporter flag games.

The less messing around the better.

Good change.

what else what else

Xadhoom wrote:
Ville wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Great, now we would need to add a cool down for sparks on alpha.

+1, might I suggest 1 hour globally.

No one uses a spark for alpha, at least the ones that have a brain.

Lol you really don't see the abuse here. Good thing you have Merkle

RIP PERPETUUM

Gunner wrote:

Finally, was just thinking about this.

Ok so all these BS teleport games will be null and void, which is great.

You know the, wait for X to shoot, then jump and run.  Thats over with.  Which is cool.

That is also true for the my gang of 20 and your gang of 20 on the other side, now its just fight instead of Fing around with teleporter flag games.

The less messing around the better.

Good change.

what else what else

This will only truly be over when shooting someone gives THEM a pvp flag. Only then will station games and teleport games be over.

Make activating on a hostile give that person a flag - make docking in your own station WITH a pvp flag possible

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."