1 (edited by Burial 2013-08-08 12:40:49)

Topic: More connections to internal teleports on alpha islands

I think the game would benefit a lot from having more internal connections on the islands that connect teleports that lead to other islands with internal teleports.

All the teleports that lead to outer islands should also lead to the central teleport networks that are internal to the game, similar to New Virginia's teleport.

In the end, it should be possible, on alpha islands, to travel purely without any teleport beacons, but plan the network so that with teleport beacons, the traveling time would be shorter.

Picture of the added jumps and couple removed ones. (as you can see, it's always 4 jumps minimum to reach other outer teleport, which means it's faster to use teleport beacon)

- Added jumps only on Alpha1 and Alpha2 islands, for travel between those islands.
- Beta islands and traveling to Beta islands would stay exactly the same.

Re: More connections to internal teleports on alpha islands

I still keep trying to jump to kentagura from tellesis

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

No, they disconnected the TPs and stopped roads short of anything because they want their players to piss away time trying to get anywhere.

Which, of course, is the biggest detraction in the entire game.

Eve may have forced you to spend hours getting anywhere, but at least there was autopilot, [finally] Warp-to-zero, and so many other things you could do while waiting to arrive on autopilot; in game and out of it.
Not so with Perp.  Travel will kill this game before anything else, even STC gobbling up all of gamma and eliminating all access, or all PvP by becoming the elephant in the china shop... well, yeah, the 'Alliance' can kill the game just as quickly.

About more highways.

Devs, generate similar map for each of the Alpha islands. That should show very easily where should be highways and where not.

BUMP!