1,426 (edited by Jita 2015-06-29 13:42:58)

Re: Spark Teleports

Ville wrote:
Jita wrote:
Naismith wrote:

Unlocked stations only benefit entities that are

a) Not interested in fighting for it, just leeching when nobody is looking
b) Only interested in trying to grief people who put in the effort to secure their station/island.

That makes no sense for two reasons. Firstly you can't grief someone who doesn't live there. The only reason betas are owned right now is to stop other people from living there. Second the current meta requires winning set piece battles which means beta is closed off to emergent corps.

This again?  Really?  Dude I've already told you in like 5 other threads all this does is encourage ghanking and griefing.  There's enough people with enough accounts to disrupt any corporations trying to live there.

1.  Placing passive eyes in station can see who docks and undocks.
2.  Super tanked bots to detect/ghAnk soft targets coming into station.
3.  Easily placed sap scanners in each station.
4.  Completely disrupt island industry with dock/undocking games.
5.  Effectively use bomb fits to grief new players/corporations trying to use beta.

There's 5 reasons why station locks were implemented in the first place.

And all of those without sparks become a whole lot more difficult

More important than that it provides progression. It may be annoying putting up with some of that on Beta 1. That's why you would own a station on beta 2 when your ready to prevent it. Some annoyances can still be done on beta 2. That's why you own a gamma to prevent it. Beta 1 should be training wheels, beta 2 for more progressed corps and gamma for end game.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

1,427 (edited by Burial 2015-06-29 13:48:17)

Ville, griefers grief one way or the other. Don't you really see any benefits?

Burial wrote:

Ville, griefers grief one way or the other. Don't you really see any benefits?

and from someone who spent so much time griefing people on Alpha i'm surprised he doesn't choke on the irony

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

..and locking 80% of beta content by taking all outpost by one alliance is not griefing?

At least you will find more PVP with unlocked outpost on beta 1.

RIP PERPETUUM

Its a fact that nobody in the game can beat the fifty odd people POE can pull together. Even if the planets aligned and someone managed to pull together enough to do it then POE couldn't beat that and the game is in the same position.

Beta has been owned by STC and after that CIR for years and none of those alliances lived there. The sole reason for holding it was to prevent others from doing so.

That's just bad gameplay and bad mechanics and needs fixing.

Naismith wrote:

Unlocked stations only benefit entities that are

a) Not interested in fighting for it, just leeching when nobody is looking
b) Only interested in trying to grief people who put in the effort to secure their station/island.

I agree 100%.

I think this is just Joke's tactic of late.  Flood every topic with an "unlock beta" idea. 

Now, back to topic.
+1 removal of sparks.

It's really really simple.  Without instant force project assembling 50+ people is impossible with out hour + form up.  Which means 2 to 3 times a day there's a 2 hour Op.  For ever timer.  It's impossible to dedicate that much time to it.  Station locks encourage industry on an island.  People don't like using stations eyes are in.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE CONTENT NOT BEING AVAILABLE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Green islands were abandoned THREE MONTHS AGO.  The saps are only farmed there.

STOP BEING LAZY AND LOOKING FOR WELFARE HAND OUTS FROM THE DEVELOPERS.

USE TOOLS AVAILABLE TO YOU. 

IF YOU SPENT A QUARTER OF THE TIME IN GAME AS ON THE FORUMS YOU WOULD UNLOCK THAT CONTENT.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

1,433 (edited by Jita 2015-06-29 17:52:24)

If any of that were true beta wouldn't have spent the last two plus years empty.

If you can manage to string a sentence together without block capitals and insults why don't you explain why it would be a bad thing for the game.

Would it reduce PvP?

Would it hurt people who live on beta now?

Would it be a disincentive to doing saps?

Would it give you less reason to go to Beta?

Given that beta is now completely empty and has been for years ...

Jita,
station locks are necessary, thats true.

its just that its one of the game mechanics that the DEVs have implemented for "weak" corps, but that doesn scale in anyway but having a 10fold effect for "stronger" corps.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

1,435 (edited by Celebro 2015-06-29 17:52:10)

Ville wrote:

It's really really simple.  Without instant force project assembling 50+ people is impossible with out hour + form up.  Which means 2 to 3 times a day there's a 2 hour Op.  For ever timer.  It's impossible to dedicate that much time to it.  Station locks encourage industry on an island.  People don't like using stations eyes are in.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE CONTENT NOT BEING AVAILABLE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Green islands were abandoned THREE MONTHS AGO.  The saps are only farmed there.

STOP BEING LAZY AND LOOKING FOR WELFARE HAND OUTS FROM THE DEVELOPERS.

USE TOOLS AVAILABLE TO YOU. 

IF YOU SPENT A QUARTER OF THE TIME IN GAME AS ON THE FORUMS YOU WOULD UNLOCK THAT CONTENT.

So now, Beta is to encourage industry and not more PVP?. We won't be able to spark anymore, it levels out the playing field for attack and defence, holding stations is also about keeping you island defended how about you keep to one island or a few OPs then your alliance won't have to do the 'impossible'.

RIP PERPETUUM

Annihilator wrote:

Jita,

Why?

Jita wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Jita,

Why?

for the same reason the 500m deploy limit around teleports and stations should apply to EVERY field device, not excluding a single one.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:
Jita wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Jita,

Why?

for the same reason the 500m deploy limit around teleports and stations should apply to EVERY field device, not excluding a single one.

In your post your stating the problem and its not unlocked stations. The station change is fine, the idiotic deploy mechanics that allow you to abuse it is an issue and that's something we can agree needs changing.

nah...
station locks could go if the stations would work like the lore behind them.
but Perp-DEVs and Perp-lore are to opposing forces.

and no, you don't want the same guys that attack you, undocking from the same terminal. did you join the game that late to not have experienced how bad that is?

Annihilator wrote:

nah...
station locks could go if the stations would work like the lore behind them.
but Perp-DEVs and Perp-lore are to opposing forces.

and no, you don't want the same guys that attack you, undocking from the same terminal. did you join the game that late to not have experienced how bad that is?

It's only bad if it's one target. If there are six island and six residents with no sparks you start to run out of alts.

Ville, people aren't thrilled about setting up a shop on Betas if it can be lost in a weekend.

Burial wrote:

Ville, people aren't thrilled about setting up a shop on Betas if it can be lost in a weekend.

You can never be booted out of the 3 beta 1 faction terminals, yet I do not see anyone using them?

1,443 (edited by Burial 2015-06-29 19:09:05)

Because of spark TPs and nothing to do on Betas right now.. ?

All I'm suggesting is if, IF the assignments are worth doing on Betas, unlock Beta 1-s and give people space so we all get PVP and hopefully people stick around.

Altera wrote:
Burial wrote:

You can never be booted out of the 3 beta 1 faction terminals, yet I do not see anyone using them?

Indy bonuses there are the same as alpha2 terminals

RIP PERPETUUM

Jita wrote:

If any of that were true beta wouldn't have spent the last two plus years empty.

If you can manage to string a sentence together without block capitals and insults why don't you explain why it would be a bad thing for the game.

Would it reduce PvP?

Would it hurt people who live on beta now?

Would it be a disincentive to doing saps?

Would it give you less reason to go to Beta?

Given that beta is now completely empty and has been for years ...

Beta has NOT been empty for 2 years.  Beta has been full of decent fights for the past 2 years. 

Would it Reduce PVP:  Yes.  Because people would adjust play timers around eyes.  Or become hyper sensitive to the fact they are being watched. AND the enemy force would always know how many people are online and could choose when they want to fight.  Given your track record, which would mean never.
Would it be disincentive to doing saps?  Possibly if someone is dropping out of the terminal always behind you, its would get rather tedious.
Would it give you less reason to go to Beta, It would give me less reason to base an alliance out of Beta.  It would make it rather difficult .
Betas have not been empty for years, your just too lazy to come out and look or scout or do things that involve you doing more than crying on the forums.

1,446 (edited by Burial 2015-06-29 19:25:05)

You're delusional. Look at the killboards.

Burial wrote:

http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=stats

With a game of a dozen active players looks about right.

Of course you would know that if you actually logged in and did more than hauling with scarabs and did more pvp.

Ville wrote:
Burial wrote:

http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=stats

With a game of a dozen active players looks about right.

Of course you would know that if you actually logged in and did more than hauling with scarabs and did more pvp.

tells the one that is blue with the majority of those "dozen active players"

I say at page 60 of this post, we shut it down.  If we cant come to a clear finish in 60 pages of postings, I don't think it ever will (plus I am officially outta popcorn now) big_smile

clear finish was posted by DEV zoom: SPT will be removed.