Topic: Kernel ballancing

as i have already foretold by simply running the numbers.

racial kernels are way too many and common and hightech are needed in big bulks.

already i have more in stock of the racial then i ever will need. and this will go further with each passing day/week.
and on the other hand there are 10s of millions of common/hitech still missing.

anybody wants to buy 2.000.000 pelistal and nuimqol kernels? cheep on the market and most likely more avalible in the near future...

Re: Kernel ballancing

From all my research done during the past years before patch, I have roughly a ratio of 5:1 in favour of common vs faction kernels. So why is common kernels, not more common anymore?

What does the conversion estimates suggest?

Celebro's body guard

+1.

In Hungary, common =/= common.

4 (edited by Burial 2013-07-21 11:24:24)

I think it comes down to your own choices what you want to unlock.

Usually, you get 2 commons per every racial from the right NPCs and you need about 0.5 common per every racial to unlock things in the racial trees.(which means you are actually stuck behind racials)

If you pick to unlock mostly racial trees, you shouldn't have any issues but if you want to unlock everything, then you have 3 trees that eat a lot of common and hitech kernels.

Not saying any balancing is not needed but let the waves clear before making any decisions.

one idea:
give light bots a strong common kernel drop.

i mean who does light bots? nobody!
noobs... do untill they can shoot bigger stuff...

with the old system you needed some light kernels, now there is no reason to go for light bots.
if they yield good ammount of common kernels then ppl have a reason to kill them insted of the more beafy mechs/heavys. also would mean that light beacons will have a meaning. then i dont realy think that they ever got bought from the syndicate shop.

we need a adjustment for racial kernels. i dont think we need to improve the others, but reduce faction drops (besides industrial)

7 (edited by Goffer 2013-07-29 07:29:14)

The major reason why you need that many common vs racial is the fact that you need common in large number for buildings and common II tree. If you skip buildings and common II, you would need more racial. Another sollution would be to have some buildings needing racial kernels instead of common (eg all turrets) and rethink same for some commonII items (eg. demob, ew nexus,...)

Edit with "skip commonII" I mean the more expensive but less used items. There are some you should really learn.