Re: New research system testing - July 2013

And for the love of all that is holy, don't teleport to non existing islands cause you'll get stuck big_smile

Told ya id crash the server somehow smile

I've noticed that some kernal drops are not consistent. It seems Assault level bots yield the most Kernals and Heavy Bots yield the least. Such as killing a Bronze Sequar yielded about 180 Common Kernals and Bronze Scarab yielded about 50-60. I've also noticed this type of trend from killing other assault bots compared to Mech type bots.

It wouldn't be possible to get some type of command or tool that we could spawn specific type of mob would it? For Loot checking.

No, there is no way for you to spawn specific NPCs. I have double-checked the loot of Bronze Scarabs, but it drops 256-384 common kernels. So what you saw either wasn't a Bronze Scarab (rank3), or you mistook some other loot container for a Scarab container smile 180 common for Bronze Sequer is correct.

And heavy mechs drop the most kernels, but Scarabs (heavy gliders) only drop as much as mechs.

30 (edited by Chambolle Musigny 2013-07-14 14:29:54)

What needs to be tested
    The workings of the new research access corporation settings.

1. Access role settings seems to work fine : no issue detected.

2. In the corporation knowledgebase panel : 2 issues detected
2a. Donations works fine but available corporation RPs are not refreshed in live, unless you donate with limited access role, or you research an item with full access.
2b. Researched items applies well for the full accesser who made the research, but limited access role must relog the client to see the updated corporation tech tree.

3. Prototyping : no issue detected.
3a. When having corporation and no personnal resarched unlocked, bonuses are not effective.
3b. When having corporation and personnal resarched unlocked, bonuses are effective and the item name is yellow.

edit : Btw that is real good work guys. The interface is clean and that patch gain is user friendly.

We have activated 4 more islands on the test server now, so you can shoot meaner npcs if you want.

Can't connect to PTS, not sure if not updating or down.

RIP PERPETUUM

It's up again.

DEV Zoom wrote:

It's up again.

Got disconnected, cant get back in.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

hm well it seems to work for others...?

DEV Zoom wrote:
Celebro wrote:

hm well it seems to work for others...?

ok nvm seems to be working fine again may be from my end not sure.

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV Zoom wrote:

For those curious, here are the kernel conversion rates.

I've tested a bit, the kernel drop, and 1k hitec kernel took me 5min what means 10 min is 2k what is equal to a heavy observer. but why should I go to search and hunt for observers, it can take about 30min-1 hour, to find them for that kernels, is it worth it? In the ongoing system an observer kernel could add 33% to the research for a t4 high tier module. When I see the researsh table the max tier modules cost is 50k hightec kernel what is relatively high to that 2k. I suggest to rise that to 8k  to worth it.

DEV Zoom wrote:

In other news: everyone got an active non-expiring account for the test server, so we don't have to worry about syncing subscriptions.

what every single person that ever played the game ? smile

Homer J Simpson wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

In other news: everyone got an active non-expiring account for the test server, so we don't have to worry about syncing subscriptions.

what every single person that ever played the game ? smile

I think so since Shaedys was on and his account is expired on the normal server

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

There is a new build out:

• Research: added log (accessible with at least limited access), made locked items darker, not enough RP is now red, moved the main menu icon to the right, added right-click prototype option, donate button added to personal tab too.

• Item unlocking and RP updates should work properly now and should be instantly visible between corporation members when they change.

• Turned off kernel research on the terrain.

• Fixed the structure placement bug on gamma, building placement and validation against terrain should work now as intended. We have activated 2 gamma islands on the test server so this can be tested.

• Adding users to and renaming proximity probes should now work too.

• Activated all the alpha islands now.

The +50 points material efficiency bonus in the factory is now also displayed.

Oh and just so you know, the test server will now stay for good (although we might limit user count if the need arises).

oow cool smile will it be kept synced to the live server ?

also will all subs be active on that server no matter of their subscription status?

Homer J Simpson wrote:

oow cool smile will it be kept synced to the live server ?

also will all subs be active on that server no matter of their subscription status?

Existing accounts are active on the test server no matter what, but new accounts (which are registered to the live server) will have to be synced over from time to time.

45 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-07-18 02:10:17)

I forgot to ask before, but I still have guardian commander beacons from the anniversary shenanigans, which dropped observer kernels.  Under the new system will the beacons still yield observer kernel levels of RP?

DEV Zoom wrote:
  • Adding users to and renaming proximity probes should now work too.

sweet! thanks mr zoom, and keep up the good work AC!

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Martha Stuart wrote:

I forgot to ask before, but I still have guardian commander beacons from the anniversary shenanigans, which dropped observer kernels.  Under the new system will the beacons still yield observer kernel levels of RP?

They will drop new kernels (lots of them).

Awesome updates to the already nice system, this is how testing and player input should work!

is there a reason why the right click and prototype is only working on the tree that you have active?

if i have the tech in personal and not in corporation then i cant right click prototype in corporation window on the same item.
same the other way around.
if i have it in corp and not in personal then i cant right click prototype in personal.

even with all the nessessary rights...

When pressing Refersh at the Log tab under research, it dumps you back to the oldest page of entries(should dump you to newest).