Topic: Command Hacking ~ New Mod

Just throwing this out there ...

I think there should be a hacking module that could Hack into structures ...

The module would randomly disconnect one of the incoming or out going connections to the structure being hacked. The hacking module would work similar to the current SAP hacking module where it would take ~15 Minutes do a complete cycle and disconnect a connection.

Additionally there could be a skill added to increase the time of the module by 30 seconds per level,

So it would take about 10MIn to hack @ level 10.

This could add more options to assaulting gammas

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Re: Command Hacking ~ New Mod

This would be another way to completely bypass the emergency shielding phases and destroy the disconnected buildings on the spot, so I'm not sure it's a good idea.

Re: Command Hacking ~ New Mod

DEV Zoom wrote:

This would be another way to completely bypass the emergency shielding phases and destroy the disconnected buildings on the spot, so I'm not sure it's a good idea.

I was more thinking along the lines of taking over network more than out right destroying it.

The way the gammas work now it is more profitable to kill off the terminals and capture the network than kill the whole network.

But your right ...

Unless you can fix the network so even if a structure is disconnected it keeps its current reinforce timer and doesnt auto flag ... thus making it kill able. which is how many networks have been killed so far(designers not making the connections correctly and adding in redundant connections, they could use some education in IP network design)

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.