Re: New bugs in patch

I think i Narrowed it down .. it has to do with lag and active modules

I was hauling loot to the terminal when a lag spike hit and "pow" all of my accum gone ... i was RET and RR my combat bot but my support bot lagged ...

currently when experiencing lag all of the modules on the bot go into overdrive and run you empty of energy

oh and the server is down again ...:(

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Yeah I had a feeling it would be lag related. Now to figure how to generate lag for testing...

What do you mean it's down though? Looks fine from here.

28 (edited by No Mas 2013-05-30 14:48:12)

I do not know what kind of lag you want to reproduce in this particular case but I know a number of situations where client lagging/hung can be reproduced quite easily

You can just run single Perpetuum client on Core2Duo machine, WinXP, 3Gb RAM, nVidia 560Ti (all updates, up to date video driver) and... you will have a lot of reproducible lags and crashes:
- lag at the moment when running over terrain and some NPC spot should appear on the radar
- lag on detector cycle (up to 30 seconds depending on island/place detector running on)
- lag when a portion of data on gamma-building being received from server
- crash on teleportation - almost every second jump crashes the client
- client hungs when deploying on the terrain for approx 40 seconds (black screen, no reaction on mouse/keyboard)
... and some more

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought lag was a connection(Internet) issue only between client and server.

RIP PERPETUUM

Well there are many kinds of lag. No Mas is talking about client lag (when the application hangs for a bit), but that's definitely not the issue here.

Celebro wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought lag was a connection(Internet) issue only between client and server.

I have really good internet connection, my regular "lag-o-meter" value in Perpetuum client is 50-52 stable... So, the "effects" I described above, can be classified as "client hangs" then.

Detector cycle lag is over 9000 if you have the squad will window open and usually minimal without.

Azyre wrote:

We have experienced the POW ACCUM GONE thing too, yes, after a lag spike and it's been described as my modules going into overdrive.  "Looked like 8-10 RR's were hitting you at once!"

Just FYI - this bug is still/again here.

This bug happend before the patch too, I think it has been there all the time.

Yeah, and we still can't figure out what causes it hmm

Look towards buildings/terraforming - that bug usually happens on gammas, more near the huge amounts of buildings/terraforming. Probably, it's related to stretched tiles rendering, or to buildings-related calculations. Like, when you use detector on says Domhalarn, you get short freeze right before showing marks on the radar - maybe something similar happens with buildings. Proven thing that filtering out turrets and infrastructure buildings reduces lags.

Zoom try to disable all of the structure effects to see if it fixes the problem ... i have a sneaking suspicion that all of the building effects are causing the excessive lag ... maybe when the power transfers cycle and the bolts of energy fly every where.

I say this because i get huge lag spikes when trying to undock from a terminal with the squad window open it takes for ever x10 and then all of the structure effects try to all catch up in about 3 seconds.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Ran across this after logging my miner while mining. Logged him back on a bit later and his accumulator was empty and he had this mining charge issue.

http://clip2net.com/s/5rtdCr

Not sure if it is somehow related to accumulator bug or not. It kept mining and the charge amount kept going negative. had to reload in terminal and it fixed it.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

There is a possible fix out now, let's see how it goes.