1 (edited by Tux 2013-05-14 21:14:21)

Topic: Corp Vs Corp

I think very soon we need a war declaration mechanic something along the lines of this:
Corporation A declares war on Corporation B.
Rules for WarDec:
•    WarDec allows members from both corps to kill each other at any time (yeaa more pvp)
•    16 Hour Timer to notify both corps the a war will begin
•    Costs the attacking corp 250M Nic /day
•    The CEO of the corp Is the only character that can Activate / Deactivate the WarDec
•    WarDec is effective EVERYWHERE (alpha included)
•    WarDec can only last maximum of 7 Days
•    Any Corp can only have 1 Active War Dec
•    A Corp Can only have 1 Active WarDec within a 30 Day period Against the Same Corporation

Example: STC cannot WARDec Nebs more than once in a 30 day period but STC could WarDec Nebs then the following week WarDec TOG. (just examples here)

And what would make this really cool.

At the conclusion of the WAR the results will be posted in the Corps public information under a tab called “politics (or something)” so that any one looking up the corps information can see the history of all of its wars the kill/death number of the war. How many wars the corp has started … how many wars have been set against the corp etc…

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Re: Corp Vs Corp

Nah.

3 (edited by Abyss 2013-05-14 21:40:34)

While I would enjoy more pvp, this mechanic just has giant red arrows pointing the word abuse.

This would enable strong corps to kill off any freshly founded corporation on alpha. I mean as soon as newbs would create a new corp everyone could roflstomp it into the ground and you can even get around with the only 1 war every 30 day restriciton by creating alt corps so you can declare war on them without any break at all ...

Make it a mutual agreement and its fine though, but that might defeats the purpose.

4 (edited by Tux 2013-05-14 21:58:21)

Abyss wrote:

This would enable strong corps to kill off any freshly founded corporation on alpha. I mean as soon as newbs would create a new corp everyone could roflstomp it into the ground and you can even get around with the only 1 war every 30 day restriciton by creating alt corps so you can declare war on them without any break at all ...

very few if any players would enjoy jumping from corp to corp just to kill people ...

I for one don't like long career records.

and at the cost of 250M a day i dont think many people would be corp jumping

And this is what happens when you blue up the server...

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

And this is what happens when you blue up the server...

Politics . . ...

i.e. i blued all the server and alarm clocked everyone left until they quit playing. Now I want to do the same to people on alpha.

Sounds like a good plan ***!

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I would only support this under 2 conditions:

1. The daily fee would have to be substantial. To make it fair we could make it scale to the size of the corp being war deccd i.e. 3m per member/day. If you want to be a *** and war dec me then its going to cost you.

2. The corp being war deccd gets %100 of the fees paid. If I have stay logged in a station or have to stay logged out for a few days til the war decs are over then I want to profit from it.

Makes it so the mechanic wont be abused much.

I think you would be better off allowing mining corp's to have gamma islands so that they could mine and supply pvp bots to a combat corp for protection and pvp should only take place on beta's.

Abuse mechanic already explained. And as far as I can see almost all major PvP corps have an additional alt corp.
There are reasons why alpha is always safe.

I support this idea, I still have a few toggies that managed to avoid the purge on my to-do list.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

leo davinci wrote:

I would only support this under 2 conditions:

1. The daily fee would have to be substantial. To make it fair we could make it scale to the size of the corp being war deccd i.e. 3m per member/day. If you want to be a *** and war dec me then its going to cost you.

The 250M per day i suggested would be on average more that what 3M per member would cost .... unless corps start recalling their spy's/eyes back to the main corps

leo davinci wrote:

2. The corp being war deccd gets %100 of the fees paid. If I have stay logged in a station or have to stay logged out for a few days til the war decs are over then I want to profit from it. Makes it so the mechanic wont be abused much.

this makes no sense in any way .. why would I give targets NIC to not log into the game ??

Anti Abuse would be the note in your corp record saying you launched a failed war because you could not kill a single member in your targets corp. ..

Since now the gammas are new alphas, in terms of safety, in the eyes of some people, I propose the war dec system only to work between corporations that have terminals on gamma. smile

14 (edited by Abyss 2013-05-15 20:46:48)

This wardec system is fundamentally flawed. And I could list you more and more ways to abuse it.

You should ask for things that actually improve this game in the long term for all players and not for a personal short term enjoyment.

Its not gonna happen, deal with it.

Also if you want to wardec only gamma corps, why not simply try to breach one instead? It surely would create alot of pvp and fun for everyone. Infact instead of 250m wardec, simply throw 250m worth of bots against the islands.

Wardec is not a mechanic I would support specially like Abyss says, there are many ways to abuse it, and grind new corps out of the game, we can't afford that to happen.

On the other hand alpha is too damn safe, there should be some element of risk.

RIP PERPETUUM

I don't think I like that a corp can unilatterally declare war on another corp than proceed to attack them in the safe zones.

There's been the on going issue of why Perp has safe zones at all. This is just a bypass for the safety mechanic.

If the game is going to have safe zones, then they need to be safe all the time. If it's not going to have safe zones (like Eve) than remove them and revise the mechanics to account for it. Adding in War Dec to juke it isn't a good option.

Lol, never say it never worked.  wink

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

It's a boring game when everyone's blue huh Tux? wink

Ville wrote:

How would I know I still have plenty of people on my hit list

Tux wrote:
Ville wrote:

How would I know I still have plenty of people on my hit list

Too bad they've been offline for over a month lol

They'll be back they always come back ... I not concerned about time frames here .... only the end result.

You need to learn how to slow down a bit son and understand the mechanics of war and how it works ... nothing is quick and easy 

As it seems that CVC is not supported by many now it may very well be with a pop increase.. . we will have to see.

This will happen, sometime, its just a matter of how far the Dev's wish to be "anti" grief.

Its not a bad thing to have something in place that allows corps to shoot each other where ever.  It has worked in the past with other games quite well, just as long as the proper barriers are in place.

It just boils down to the carebears vs. the inbetweeners vs. hardcore PVP'ers.  Oh and add in the Dev's opinions as well.  In any case it would be generally good for the game as it adds in a core type of personally to the game, people who want to *** up other peoples days, and this is not a bad thing, its just a new audience for the game.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

23 (edited by Ville 2013-05-16 22:47:26)

Tux wrote:

They'll be back they always come back ...

Ha Ha Ha...

They all come back for the Coochie in the dark!

I agree with Tux, something like this is needed in the game. I say we take it a step further; be able to wardec individual players. Otherwise the care bears will just take a 7 day vacation to the noob corp like they do in eve.

Tund Bungler wrote:

I agree with Tux, something like this is needed in the game. I say we take it a step further; be able to wardec individual players. Otherwise the care bears will just take a 7 day vacation to the noob corp like they do in eve.

That's no problem, they can just have 4 alt corps and create a continous War dec on the carebear corps.