Topic: Prototype bots

As per: http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … ss-report/

I'm wondering if you're going to be able to drive those prototype bots. And if you do, it'll probably be best if they're without paint, or even a shiny type of metal.

Also, and I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, pink paint?

Re: Prototype bots

They mentioned that Proto will be like common bots with slightly increased cpu/reactor

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

This is disappointing.

In b4 a " That's what your wife said too." Joke.

5 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2013-04-24 18:04:20)

standart prototype features:

- 10x costs of mass produced
- better fitting (reactor cpu)
- lighter, in case of bots this would mean more basic mass at same speed so items will have a bit less effect.
- increased ammo capacitly (guns, so might not work for bots)

no this will not be a mk2 with extra slots, better sensor stats, more lockable targets aso...
it will not have many usefull applications if you are already a decent mk2 pilot.

might be ok for not so high skilled players if they can/want to afford it.

their main reason will be for fitting in the production / research. not for you to have a better shiny toy. but if you have a resonable idea the devs might listen.

No paint sounds logical and I think it's easy to do.

7 (edited by Vroom 2013-04-24 20:47:38)

Hello kitty ?
Hot pink preferably.

8 (edited by Simmy 2013-04-24 21:26:21)

Make proto bots specifically designed for PVE without becoming OP in PVP.  Make them really easy to demob,  ECM and slow, but with a large cargo and good dps and tanking ability. Their price should discourage use in PVP.

Celebro's body guard

Prototypes shouldn't have any special roles because we would be f***ed if we would want to introduce PvE-specialized robots in the future, which obviously would also have prototypes of their own.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Prototypes shouldn't have any special roles because we would be f***ed if we would want to introduce PvE-specialized robots in the future, which obviously would also have prototypes of their own.

Fair enough, just make some bots that don't need a follow bot to PVE, maybe by this time next year plz tongue

Celebro's body guard

This goes back to what I said on the blog post. When proto mechs come in we will have three of the same kind of everything. One vanilla, one with more grid and CPU and one with extra slots.

This will suck.

Why not take the opportunity to turn all current mk 2 into prototypes leaving prototype bonus the same as current mk 2. All new mk2 would have a new role specific bonus added such as a range bonus or ewar strength giving us a whole new tier of robots to construct and play with. It'd little work and will generate a reason to play as everyone's mk 2 fleet is already better than proto. Turn that around and you would want to artifact and build for the new mk 2 stuff.

Get your community involved in the process by starting a thread asking for what the bonus should be.

Very easy win.

12 (edited by zigZag 2013-05-03 16:05:17)

My comment is focused on the new players,,,,when debating prototype bots.

I ran as high tiered mods as i could, saved ep to fit the next generation of mod i wanted.,,,,,having cpu, reactor, acc recharge times, all help to get on the lvl playing field...

Prices,,,time in game,,,need to be on the casual player play style,,,Prototyping blows,,,the existing tree is a ep sink...designed for multi player,,,players. While painfully making existing players invest some ep in protyping, to get along.  I don't see any new prototyping content that will lessen noobs,,,gring. Put them on the battle field quicker...just change the T1 bots and burn the code for proto bots....

PS

the proto bot fits for T3,,,,put in a MK2,,,,a pound of flesh,,,,and walla out pops a black bot.   with your name on it,,,banners,,,,hood ornaments.....

13 (edited by Fourfingers Frankie 2013-05-04 13:08:14)

I just don't see why anyone would ever use a proto mech or heavy. With the exception of the shield gropho fitting is never an issue. They will not be better than mk2 and will cost more so what's the point?

Missed opportunity for more variety and fun .

We had some uproar around the CPU/reactor limit rounding changes when people were missing tenths of TF/RP and couldn't use their fits anymore. So I wouldn't say that fitting is never an issue.

But again, prototype robots are not meant for everyday use, just like prototype modules. I know everyone craves for new robots, but that's not the goal of this.

But why miss the opportunity to give us new bots? Its so easy to change and revitalize pvp.

Well they are not suppose to be better then mk2's, however, mk1's sure.

Apples to apples here. 

We don't need renamed bots, with a sticker that says NEW.

We could use more specialized bots.  With all the work that it entales.

Sure its easy to reskin, and rebonus all the bots in the game, for the sake of changing PVP.
But were just trading that for throwing balance out the window.

Were starting to fall into this trap of, the change for the sake of change, without the forsight of whats planned ahead, as well as what those changes will break and what will have to be rebalanced.

Proto bots are not a big deal, they are not a end they are a means to a end, they allow you to make what you need, and you can use them if you so choose, with the special name tag "prototype".

That is about all the bling, and time that should be placed in these bots. 
Stamp it, ship it, and move on.

P.S.  Fitting is a issue, but fitting two year ago fits, not so much, new ones, its a big deal to have just a bit more.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

17 (edited by Burial 2013-05-05 09:52:30)

Merkle's points are valid but right now MK2 bots are still superior in all the ways to Prototypes. With extra head and leg slot you can fit a coreactor, coprocessor and still come up on top with these attributes.

Not saying it's wrong but adding something more exotic to prototype bots would be awesome, like maybe lock time bonuses, more ECM strength, accumulator bonus etc.

Or at least be in line with the proto gear and make them faster.

Anything but a third tier of the same robot for greater cost than a mk 2 would be awesome.

Fourfingers Frankie wrote:

Anything but a third tier of the same robot for greater cost than a mk 2 would be awesome.

Absolutely, this would make common sense.  I'm assuming, however, that this is already the plan as T2 proto's are less weight and are easier to fit.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

I wonder what can be done with a proto bot and full t4p fittings.

RIP PERPETUUM

Some really crazy things, a few Idea's already come to mind. 

It should be a good addition to what the player base can use.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:
Fourfingers Frankie wrote:

Absolutely, this would make common sense.  I'm assuming, however, that this is already the plan as T2 proto's are less weight and are easier to fit.

But if the proto mech weighed less it would actually be slower due to the added weight ratio

I would think the Dev team would understand at what were getting at here.

Sure if you want to be exreamly technical the proto bots should weigh less and have less CPU and power grid.
As this is what there t2 counterparts have, but I digress. smile

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

If they were say 10% faster then that would be worth having. Skirmish bots ftw

25 (edited by Merkle 2013-05-08 02:23:26)

Just make them similar, and in line with T2 items.

Edit:
The goal here is not make them anything more the  they really are, to only be used in those min max builds that we can use.  As well as, in general meh when in comparison with there other variations.

Thus, I would expect them to go faster, but fast in a relative form. 
As we can fit out proto fits now and go faster, relatively.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13