26 (edited by Homer J Simpson 2013-04-29 08:01:06)

Re: Steam launch on clean server?

Azyre wrote:

+1 to Merkle

Swallow or spit? big_smile

tongue

Merkle wrote:

Its amazing all this "doom and gloom" would seem to be coming from one side of the coin.

If you do a wipe, you quite possibly kill the game, It's beginning to seem that would be what people would want.

Most are looking at the massive amounts of nic, minerals, and basically anything else you want to say, as a general bad thing.

However who is going to start putting items up on the markets when things turn around?  Personally I have billion's of items just waiting for the right moment to place them on the market.  Will I make a profit, sure.  Will I provide a service, yep.  I know I'm not alone on this either. 

The base is there, the player base that is, we can see that by who is playing in-game now, and who continues to post on these forums, screaming "the game is dead the game is dead", as well as those who chose to come back when needed.

Is the game in trouble sure, dead, far from it.

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … instances/

This is just one step in the right direction.

+1 great post.

Celebro's body guard

Just to be clear, AC has never even hinted that they would be doing anything special with the server for the steam launch, other than you know, fixing bugs and putting in new content.

The flip side of Merkles post is it will be the same vets pushing the markets that will fuel pvp for newer clans trying to get a foothold on a pvp island, you'll be showing up to SAP provoking pvp, ghankking Indys while selling them all the bits and pieces on the market.  Why would you do this?  Because you can and everyone loves winning and you'll justify not hitting SAPs at first as just "friendly" PVP then after the new clans blueball a fight a few times then you'll hit SAPS to which you mount a huge offensive to crush their morale and then they'll eventually stop playing and you'll justify this well they shouldn't have been there in the first place.  Replace SAPs with turrets or w/e for Gamma.  Of course you wouldn't want to start fresh.  It's the vicious cycle of perpetuum.  It's the way this game is designed.

You could have just wrote ponzi scheme, but I understand a lot of derpqueens require fingerpaint nevermind crayons to comprehend things. +1 smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Most of the fun is in the journey.

I mean why not supply the market for them, while you control the market and letting your scrub lord noobie army your farming pay for your subs off the gear/tears you harvest. 

Amazing how its one side of the coin wanting to see AC do well and allow players to prosper and the other side doesn't want to see the Money Triangle fall apart, and enjoy killing themselves on abandoned Islands.

By the time Steam finally launches the vets will be hunger struck for PVP, I shudder to think about any new clan trying to get a foothold in this game.  For a beta island or even a gamma Island.

Is it better to not have access to the equipment at all? wink

Vroom wrote:

The flip side of Merkles post is it will be the same vets pushing the markets that will fuel pvp for newer clans trying to get a foothold on a pvp island, you'll be showing up to SAP provoking pvp, ghankking Indys while selling them all the bits and pieces on the market.  Why would you do this?  Because you can and everyone loves winning and you'll justify not hitting SAPs at first as just "friendly" PVP then after the new clans blueball a fight a few times then you'll hit SAPS to which you mount a huge offensive to crush their morale and then they'll eventually stop playing and you'll justify this well they shouldn't have been there in the first place.  Replace SAPs with turrets or w/e for Gamma.  Of course you wouldn't want to start fresh.  It's the vicious cycle of perpetuum.  It's the way this game is designed.

Just to be clear.  "Everyone" doesn't grind new corps out of the game, "YOU"  grind new corps out of the game.  Isn't that CIR's and friends Stated mission?  Wasn't Syndic's battle cry during the second War to grind everyone off of Beta?  The problem you have here is the "If I do it, everyone else must do it" mentality.  Kinda how a person who steals, is always worried about getting there stuff stolen.  As far as I can tell, your alliance is the only group in the game that has ground anybody off of the server.  Which is rather confusing to say the least, because you and your corpies are some of the loudest when it comes to screaming the game is dead.  Which then begs the question of why is syndic and friends here at all if you dislike this game to the point where you try and ruin it for everyone else?

Wow, wait let me get some popcorn big_smile

Celebro's body guard

Are we sititng in the living room playing Monoply with our little sister, keeping the game interesting by letting her win, so she doesn't get frustrated and quit?

Now, it does seem a little unfair that we start with 90% of the land titles and most of the bank, but thats the rules fault, not the players.

37 (edited by Vroom 2013-04-29 20:12:49)

Martha Stuart wrote:
Vroom wrote:

Just to be clear.  "Everyone" doesn't grind new corps out of the game, "YOU"  grind new corps out of the game.  Isn't that CIR's and friends Stated mission?  Wasn't Syndic's battle cry during the second War to grind everyone off of Beta?  The problem you have here is the "If I do it, everyone else must do it" mentality.  Kinda how a person who steals, is always worried about getting there stuff stolen.  As far as I can tell, your alliance is the only group in the game that has ground anybody off of the server.  Which is rather confusing to say the least, because you and your corpies are some of the loudest when it comes to screaming the game is dead.  Which then begs the question of why is syndic and friends here at all if you dislike this game to the point where you try and ruin it for everyone else?

*cough* *cough*  Domhalaran?

Your move.

Free loving mercenarys who did nothing more but enjoy the game.  Your alliance is doing the same thing your claiming Syndic did?  Hypocritical?  I think so.

So wave your banner high and wave it proud.  You had fights on Dom, but after weeks of sitting on SAPs twiddling thumbs it turns into a who is the most dedicated or who doesn't have a wife, a job or would rather have a life.

Your Corp is the only corp in history who's only claim to fame is attacking things long left abandoned by owners and claiming great victory.  I would much rather be known as a corp of trolls then that.  Least we aren't related to animals that eat dead things.  We just have awesome bridges to live under.  cool

38 (edited by Burial 2013-04-29 20:12:13)

That's the way this game is played though, Arga. There will always be people that are more progressed than others. StateCorp played as an underdog for a long time and consisted mostly of newbies but look at STC now. Start is always hard for newer corps but it is certainly doable with the right people.

Vroom, here's Lobos words about Domhalarn situation: "Lol your kidding me right we made the decision about 3 months ago that when dark fall releases were done with perp if it had not made a patch or gone live on steam. Enjoyed the ride but the others are right games dead."

Hope you have something more to reply than just one sentence or I won't even bother reading.

Burial wrote:

That's the way this game is played though, Arga. There will always be people that are more progressed than others. StateCorp played as an underdog for a long time and consisted mostly of newbies but look at STC now. Start is always hard for newer corps but it is certainly doable with the right people.

Vroom, here's Lobos words about Domhalarn situation: "Lol your kidding me right we made the decision about 3 months ago that when dark fall releases were done with perp if it had not made a patch or gone live on steam. Enjoyed the ride but the others are right games dead."

Hope you have something more to reply than just one sentence or I won't even bother reading.

Burial, are you saying the game IS played like walking on egg shells with your little sister? I think STC holds up as the example that this game IS NOT played like that. If a corp gives up, I don't feel that the responsibility lies with the aggressor.

To me it sounds like you are a bunch of crybabies who moan out for server wipe when you loose leader position after leaving to play other games(SWTOR, GW2 and now Darkfall). Perpetuum needs dedication and persistence and server wipes won't give you that.

Martha Stuart wrote:
Vroom wrote:

And to be perfectly clear Ms. Stuart, Pretty Hate Machine has never flipped a Beta Outpost.  We don't want it or need it.  We do not "Grind" people out of the game.  Except people who send me a 4 page rant of Come at me bro and you can't touch me LOOLOLO ~~~~~ L~OL~O~ ~L~OKDHLL<SSER.  Also since you have little to 0 insight on what ever happened before STC started playing this game there were many other corps who "owned" every single Beta island in game and by many I mean two.  But there are plenty of people who sought to purge others out of this game. 

But let's be honest we all beat on the under dog to feel better about ourselves.  Isn't that why your "Alliance" choose to beat up  5~7 guys who just enjoyed being content with their own island?  How many people you think enjoyed your little assault on Hydra's owned Moyar the first time or even DOY farming their turrets on Novaya travya?  I see tons of Hydra guys playing now a days!  Just wait.  It's coming...

But I'm still on the fence what your going to do.  The way I most likely see it STC 2.0 will be napped up so quickly they will have no other choice but to fight against only one side or your wipe them out...  Similar to what you told RAWRs leadership or whats happening to Remedy/fnavy/and those other french f*cks.  They are probably in your main squad by now as acting allys.... for the time being..  tongue 

You'll see it, and before too long after getting your blue token fix you'll be where we are now...  Waiting on LFR Que to pop or flipping some *** in other games.  Or maybe Just maybe!  Someone will get lucky and end up scoring a job or a girlfriend and Perpetuum will be long in the dust cool  Who knows, this account has like a few days left.. wink

Name one corp we have "ground out of the game".
Don't confuse it with corps who gave up on the game and went elsewhere.

The only time I've been in STC and felt like I've shot (or STC has) someone we shouldn't have was when we shot AIC when they were neutral. We ended up pushing them to your side, and they did and do pretty good at PVP now.

The game is about conflict.
The game needs conflict. Take 10 corps, at any time one will be the strongest, one will be the weakest. Its just the way things are.

Our Alliance is solid. We had a great run. We wiped whatever you had and in the process took Kara, took Hoop.
You guys brought CIR back, and turned the tables, won fights against us.

Did we take Dohm despite our best efforts? Nope. You guys defended well. We went there for pvp and we got it and our *** handed to us. Thanks for that and gf smile

Now people are drifting away and playing other things.  The islands are empty. Should I leave too, because you did? No, I do what I want because its my choice. If no one is here and bases are available we will take them. We take them because we can, we are not spewing crap about how leet our alliance is. We choose to keep playing. Thats it.

This is the state of the game now. 12 and 62nd and friends are great opponents and were great fun to fight. Even phm/cir/ chaos/ aic fights, both the ones we won and lost, we fun.

This is the truth of the politics now and the state of the game. Prove me wrong.

Cassius wrote:

The only time I've been in STC and felt like I've shot (or STC has) someone we shouldn't have was when we shot AIC when they were neutral. We ended up pushing them to your side, and they did and do pretty good at PVP now.

My sides, how they ache.

Well if killing 6 turrets now counts as "farming" then yes we did that big_smile No Hydra left the game because of DoY tho, neither other corps did.

i've heard some rumours tho, like someone told to someone "GTFO our Moyar"... Any comments?

On topic: NO WAI. If someone want clean Perpetuum, go ask DEVs to make you a fresh new copy labeled "Single Player".

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line you even flaunt it in your forum sig.  I'm sorry guys to once again be the one who shines the light of truth but your all about as hypocritical as the next.  All we need now is more to;dr posts from the self righteous.  You threaten to power blob any attempts at a seperate third power block on Beta that attacked you.  You'll do the same in the future.  Steam won't fix anything and I've come to realize this, it's flawed by design.

See you in few months.

47 (edited by Syndic 2013-04-30 00:21:58)

Martha Stuart wrote:

Which war are you referring to? I've fought in quite a few, and it sounds like you're mixing me up with Styx's 13/15 campaign to capture all Beta outposts. I forgive you tho, you are a newbie player after all, that stuff was before your time.

Generally though whenever a new corporation came into the game, I'd very politely advise them not to get dragged into M2S's war with us. For some weird reason most of them decided to join up with M2S, essentially becoming collateral damage in the war. Same thing happened with STC, which is why you're composed of refugees from half a dozen dead corps plus 2-3 original STC.

The one corporation that we wholeheartedly and intentionally killed until they stopped playing was TOG, our way of saying thanks for the mass-petitions Omen & co pulled when they were losing.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

48 (edited by Merkle 2013-04-30 00:55:48)

Same "Doom and Gloom" posts, from yet again the same people.

Its good your still posting.

Mearly reinforcing my point.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Arga wrote:

Are we sititng in the living room playing Monoply with our little sister, keeping the game interesting by letting her win, so she doesn't get frustrated and quit?

Now, it does seem a little unfair that we start with 90% of the land titles and most of the bank, but thats the rules fault, not the players.

You say this like it can't happen but it was based on this premise that the original norhoop alliance never went for Dom or hokk. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. That's how corps like Rawr go under.

50 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-04-30 05:51:23)

Syndic wrote:

stuff

I think RAWR would beg to differ.  Secondly we didn't get pulled into M2Ss war.  We were constantly attacked by lemon and what is now PHM/Police, after playing the game for less than a month.  I forgive you for not knowing all this, because this all happened after your temper tantrum at the devs.  Lemon who repeatedly stated that he didn't attack newb corps, proceeded to take 3 STC outposts: Dana, Initia, and Kara.  This all happened because Lemon and Eharmony could not win against M2S/Hun or RG without the rest of the CIR fleet.  So they picked targets that would be easy to kill.  Anyone else see a pattern here? 

That being said, STC wanted fights, we wanted PVP, we were in it for the long run.  Most new corps are not this resilient, plus, we came in when the player population was much higher, so there was more things for us to do.  But please, dump the "holier than thou" BS.  You and Dom alliance banner of "we are mercenaries" was a very thin veil to cover you guys doing whatever the hell you wanted to, to whomever you wanted too.  And after, you just claim, "Oh we were paid".  At least 62nd had the balls to say "we are pirates, deal with it".

And yes, we do need to be a little bit nicer to new players, and new corps.  That is the only way this game will grow.  I'm not saying don't attack new corps or new players, but I am saying don't grind them out of the game.  there is a difference.

@Ville  Just because you change your name and flag, doesn't make you different.  Enron did the same thing, they are now called EOG resources.  Their simple name change is considered one of the greatest marketing stunts in history.  It doesn't, however, change the past.  Nice try though