Re: Combat log updates for 2013 ??? what happened

I had quite a good laugh when you guys did that post where you put a croissant on the wrong key and OHSHIT happened to the server. I prefer you guys making me laugh then making me dream of killing you in-game.

Some dreams do come true though, I still crack a smile when I remember the little laird. Small things in life Zoom, small details make the picture. big_smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

LOL I also remember those Syndic what a good laugh.

Lets face it the Perpetuum community hates each other, But that is the byproduct of a great sandbox. What I don't understand is why or how the hate and drama has weaved its way into the devs. I would like to assume its because they are so in love with this game. I think the more drama and emotion people get with the game is a sign of this games ability to pull you in and be more than just a simple free time waster, But I agree with Syndic all the way that its not encouraging or entertaining to read dev post's that have unhappy attitude or stress popping out of every word. Of course the community is going to tell you everything wrong,bad,broken,disliked,evil,hated,OPINIONATED,drama B.S. Its there responsibility as a player that wants to see the game go further. Nothing would get done if we all told you what we liked with no desire to improve.
   It is important to sift through all that bs and find the valid ones. But also just as important at this time is to sift through all the bs of gamer's that don't play perp and see what they are looking for.
   If the game only evolves around a few current players it will only have those few current players but if it evolves around millions of general ideas it will have millions of players.

28 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2013-04-10 12:44:53)

bleu wrote:

... no one can say this dev team has not produces great things. Anyone who does say that, Tell them to take there programming skills and make one so we can all criticize there work.

I'm sorry but this often repeated argument is nonsense.  I don't need to be able to tile a bathroom to know when the person I've hired to tile mine has made a bloody mess of it. When the person who is a professional tiler, the person who I am paying to do a good job has made a bloody mess of it.

Having said that I don't think for a moment that the DEV team have made a mess of anything. I agree with Bleu that they are, on the whole, doing a splendid job albeit more slowly than many of us would like.

However, lack of programming, design or business management ability does not, on its own, render any criticism or opinion of their work redundant.

[EDIT]Spelling[/EDIT]

bleu wrote:

LOL I also remember those Syndic what a good laugh.

Lets face it the Perpetuum community hates each other, But that is the byproduct of a great sandbox. What I don't understand is why or how the hate and drama has weaved its way into the devs. I would like to assume its because they are so in love with this game. I think the more drama and emotion people get with the game is a sign of this games ability to pull you in and be more than just a simple free time waster, But I agree with Syndic all the way that its not encouraging or entertaining to read dev post's that have unhappy attitude or stress popping out of every word. Of course the community is going to tell you everything wrong,bad,broken,disliked,evil,hated,OPINIONATED,drama B.S. Its there responsibility as a player that wants to see the game go further. Nothing would get done if we all told you what we liked with no desire to improve.
   It is important to sift through all that bs and find the valid ones. But also just as important at this time is to sift through all the bs of gamer's that don't play perp and see what they are looking for.
   If the game only evolves around a few current players it will only have those few current players but if it evolves around millions of general ideas it will have millions of players.

Hmmm Ya I do not hate anyone in this game cuz i dont even know you in RL that would be just stupid lol I am disappointed in some individuals personal attitudes but for sure not hatred lol.   and ya well game is going thru a rough patch and it might or might not recover thats just the way it is.   Hopefully the devs get things going soon or i really dont see this game going much longer.   We used to have at least 100 agents in GC by the end of dec last year, now we lucky if we get 40.   All corps are dead at the moment.   cmon 4 players logging here and there doesnt make a corp active lol.    Anyways ya if you really truly hate somebody in a game u might wanna step back a bit and take a break and think about how absurd that is

Is this the old bait and switch?  I came to this post looking for combat log updates and left disappointed about DEV blogs.

Zoom & Co, i know it's useless comment, on a useless Thread but YOU DO and DID GREAT JOBS since the game as been released. I know how things can change specially in the hard world of game development. Stay focus on what you have in mind and DON'T GIVE UP. You already have done 75% of the work. I agree with Bleu, players should $$$$ up or create their own games before beeing so criticize again the development team.

Ciao Bello Zoom : ))