1 (edited by Doek 2013-04-05 14:04:42)

Topic: Chat monitoring

I've made a thing to take logs from my client (found in the ChannelLogs folder) and essentially push them to a website (or rather to the people viewing it). It's currently tracking all English public channels and one of mine. That means that, if I'm logged in, new chat will be added.

You can find it at:

http://sequer.nl/?a=chat-default

As usual, use a modern browser.

(in case there's doubt about this concerning the EULA, I took cues from this, operating under a very similar and strictly enforced EULA)

Re: Chat monitoring

This is creepy.  Are you in my attic too with a video camera?

Evidence gathering for tickets module activated?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

That's exactly what I thought too.  That's beyond pathetic, lol just lol!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

You know what's next right?

=IF parameters"Ville"?true[f*ck,n*jjer,Xadofos,canthra,sp*ctron]THAN=supporttickets.perpetuum-online.com;input mouseclicks;copypaste{source}:butthurt.txt; mouseclick, generate link.

Zoom this isn't even funny, can we just get rid of this before you get spammed with support tickets?

*edit: Really now. - DEV Zoom

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Ville: I don't get how is this different from anyone being on chat and reporting offensive talk.

Its no different really unless it creates a historical log people can cherry pick the twenty odd times I may have told beast mode to drink bleach from.

Awesome stuff.

Do you really feel like back checking logs every time a little smack talk breaks out?  I forsee problems with proxy alt character trial accounts and crazy reports...

Cool stuff Doek! Haters gonna hate..

Reality check: this stores the last 15 lines from every channel, or pushing new lines to browsers while they're open. It's mostly a tech-demo. A pretty cool one too imo.

And Ville, if..then logic is a lame and inferior approach to mess up your internet pixels. I'd use a few rotating trial clients to log and evaluate your messages using linear classifiers, character n-grams and logistic regression. Then again, I don't see why putting in effort and computational power is gonna classify your messages any different than 'whatever'. Stash the politics and enjoy the tech.

Doek wrote:

Reality check: this stores the last 15 lines from every channel, or pushing new lines to browsers while they're open. It's mostly a tech-demo. A pretty cool one too imo.

And Ville, if..then logic is a lame and inferior approach to mess up your internet pixels. I'd use a few rotating trial clients to log and evaluate your messages using linear classifiers, character n-grams and logistic regression. Then again, I don't see why putting in effort and computational power is gonna classify your messages any different than 'whatever'. Stash the politics and enjoy the tech.

to be honest it's just creepy.      Ya our pc's record that but having that like jita said we just missing somebody watching with a cam lol

i can just agree.
general chat is public, so maybe some ppl (not calling any names) might think a bit more what kind of bulls**t they write there.

the only difference is that its outside the game and everybody on the net can see it. if you fear your privacy is beeing violated then maybe you should stop posting s**t or leave general chat like most ppl already have, and guess why they did.

+1 to op

Still creepy.  I checked my attic this evening to make sure Doeks not there recording.

16 (edited by Burial 2013-04-06 11:30:33)

The trade chat part is actually the most awesome and could even be further expanded. I usually just peek there every now and then to announce something and wait for private messages but now I actually have a way of seeing what people buy-sell without needing to be online or in the channel.

With the low activity we have in this channel, the 10 line limit looks like not an issue but once activity increases, I'd love to be able to see more messages and maybe even get them parsed per keywords and so on. smile

17 (edited by Doek 2013-04-09 17:33:29)

I've added some tweaks:
- now also tracks notifications (online, offline, etc) but only while you're watching the channel. If you just started watching, it'll just show the last 15 conversation lines.
- I've added the Perpetuum channel on IRC, #perpetuum. Limited to conversation and clean (no hostnames, etc.) online/offline messages.

Is this so you can pin point log off traps better?  Or statistically monitor players usual play times?

Vroom wrote:

Is this so you can pin point log off traps better?  Or statistically monitor players usual play times?

If so, I'd probably do it in a private environment and you'd be none the wiser (if that's the point you're trying to make). Besides, it'd be prone to self-selection bias anyway.

Classic M2S excuse.

Vroom wrote:

We got better tools for that. wink

Is there a way to capture intrusion activity and place it on the website?

Vroom wrote:

Is there a way to capture intrusion activity and place it on the website?

You can export (shift-click) the info to a file (csv) using the client, but it requires actively clicking the export button. I'd love to offer the service, but it's not going to be very good (I'm going to forget it or do it infrequently), and I'm obviously not going to use a macro of some sorts.

Possibly start new thread asking for it to be exported automatically?

Vroom wrote:

Possibly start new thread asking for it to be exported automatically?

I've made a demo to quickly get an overview of previous intrusion events and a prediction on when the next SAP will open up. It now depends on me pressing the export button in my client.

I don't think this needs a new thread, I'd rather have a dev do it while he's bored with balancing spreadsheets for the research patches.

http://sequer.nl/?a=intrusions