1 (edited by Matho 2010-12-06 03:56:32)

Topic: Purchased damaged bot?

Before my log in issue I bought an Angaro, it came into my hangar with a red bolt indicating damage.  Since the market showed it to be infinite supply it should have come from a NPC.

Can not activate, can not repair (shows a 0 cost), can not repackage.

No other info, will go earn to get another.

EDIT
Now it is a problem. I destroyed the broken Argano, just to clear it out of the hangar and bought a second one.

With the same exact result.  Came into my private storage with the red bolt, can not repair, repacakge or activate.  So now I am out the purchase price of two defective bots.

I have Basic robotics (level 4) and Industrial robot control (level 3).

What other information can I provide to help repair this problem?

EDIT 2: Based on the information page the Argano in my private storage has a top speed of -1.#J kph.  the information of the ones in the market shows it to be 46.80 kph.  Is this a factor?

Re: Purchased damaged bot?

I had this problem also.

Account name: Agentdawn
Problem encountered: 5-12-2010

Any thoughts, feedback, ideas--negative or positive?

Since I can tear up an anvil, I am searching for the operator error part of the equation.  My first concern is, if this is the only occurance in the short history of this game, then I have screwed up twice and do not know how.  Or have I discovered something unique to me and my setup?

Second if I am going to have an issue with purchasing bots, then life will get very boring for me here.  The 2 Arkhe and the Castel I recieved through the tutorial work just fine.

try to pm gm/dev ingame when you see one?

They don't seem to be online at the times i'm online due to time zone differences sad
Any suggestions would be most appreciated

We have seen this bug before, but don't exactly know yet what is causing it. We'll try to come up with a fix as soon as possible.

7 (edited by Matho 2010-12-07 02:38:23)

Well since I have endless curiosity, or boundless stupidity same thing happened when I bought a Laird.

The only displayed parameters are targeting equipment, slots, and general.  The top speed also shows as -1.#J kph.

I am out of the bot buying business.

EDIT: no sour grapes here.  Pretty sure there are more then a few thousand lines of code I would not understand and it will take some time to catch the bugs.

8 (edited by Kiriath 2010-12-07 04:51:28)

Matho wrote:

Well since I have endless curiosity, or boundless stupidity same thing happened when I bought a Laird.

The only displayed parameters are targeting equipment, slots, and general.  The top speed also shows as -1.#J kph.

I am out of the bot buying business.

EDIT: no sour grapes here.  Pretty sure there are more then a few thousand lines of code I would not understand and it will take some time to catch the bugs.

Sounds like ur char is bugged. Try purchasing the bots on an alt?

edit; also try trading ur damaged bots, use corp space for it, maybe it alters the stats? you never know.

Just an update, have posted a screenshot so you can see what's going on.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56789497@N06/5240604602/

Note heaps of things missing in the information window of the ARGANO on the top left, might be a database issue?

Purchasing on an alt is not a solution.  Same exact problem and display as shown by Dawnagent occurs.  Will try the corp hangar swap out later.  Need a little more NIC and better attitude.

alt= second agent on same account.

have you tried reinstalling the client?  or maybe install it at a second location so the first one can be used to bug hunt why it happened.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

12 (edited by Matho 2010-12-08 00:44:03)

Have done a complete re-install twice. (Was trying to solve both this problem and the character already logged in issue.)

Unistalled the game, deleted the config file (.gbf) and every file and folder on my system with perpetuum in the name.

Test 2

formed a corporation, rented storage, and moved damaged bots to the corp hangar. logged out, logged in no change.  Moved back to my hangar, no change.

Looks like I can move then around, change their name, or destroy them.  Repair costs are zero, can not repackage since they can not be repaired, foul, threatening, and abusive language does not work either.

For the moment, I appear to be attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis.

Latest Attempt

Installed Perpetuum on a clean computer (had never had a Perpetuum install) and the bots still show damaged and an incomplete and inaccurate information screen (refer to Dawnagent's screen shot several posts above.)

Looks like I have run out of ideas on my side of the system.

15 (edited by Chief Ubenor 2010-12-09 20:12:40)

Dawnagent wrote:

Note heaps of things missing in the information window of the ARGANO on the top left, might be a database issue?

M2S has found a bug and now duping the fake bots, they also found a way to post it on the market invisible, thats why it looks like you're buying from NPC but in fact its actually M2S fake bot. lol

j/k, or is it? cool

Chief Ubenor wrote:
Dawnagent wrote:

M2S has found a bug and now duping the fake bots, they also found a way to post it on the market invisible, thats why it looks like you're buying from NPC but in fact its actually M2S fake bot. lol

j/k, or is it? cool

Confirmed this is how we are funding the current blitzkreig initiatives.

17 (edited by Matho 2010-12-09 22:12:25)

While I am happy you two pinheads have the ability to enjoy playing Perpetuum, there are a few of us that can not.

That is why we post in the Bugs section of the forums instead of the COAD section.

Another data point.  Since I can not resist the urge to attempt to fix this problem.

It appears the damaged bot can be partially activated.  AND yes, I said partially.  The activation symbol appears on the damaged bot, but robots graphic does not appear in the terminal display.

So if it can be partially activated, can the bot deploy to terrain?  And the answer is NO, it creates a fatal crash error.  Allowed the system to send the crash report and then relogged.  When the deploying to terrain screen appeared; another fatal crash.

So now in addition to buying bots I can not use, I can no longer log into the game because of the fatal crash.

When this problem gets to the top of the to repair list (yes I understand issues impacting 100s of users take priority) would someone with responsibility (GM or DEV) post here to let me know I can try to play this game again?