Topic: Eating mouse clicks

I have lately been noticing a few cases when using the targeting computer window where the client ate my mouse clicks or some times it double clicks. I believe the missing clicks have been caused because clicks are registered on mouse button release and not mouse press, so if you press the button and move the pointer fast enough out of the entry before releasing it, as it is often the case in combat, it does not get registered.

I haven't managed to figure out the double click part.

Re: Eating mouse clicks

BandwagonX9000 wrote:

I believe the missing clicks have been caused because clicks are registered on mouse button release and not mouse press

Isn't that common practice for pretty much everything?

DEV Zoom wrote:
BandwagonX9000 wrote:

I believe the missing clicks have been caused because clicks are registered on mouse button release and not mouse press

Isn't that common practice for pretty much everything?

Not really, lets take classic windows for a few counter examples. Open a folder in windows. Press but don't release on a file. It gets selected on press not on release. Press on empty space and drag. It selects the file on the same line and wherever you drag. Same with start menu. Press, it gets opened. Menus are slightly different in that button press still opens the menu, but release selects the element in the menu.

Listboxes in a browser usually work the same way, registering on press rather than release unlike say your submit button. Given the elements in the targeting computer are a list of items and not a button it should select on press and not on release.

4 (edited by Alexander 2013-03-23 17:04:45)

Mouse button down (The event of pressing the button down) should never trigger any main event but should active "Click and Drag" features.

Mouse button up is what you have clicked on. Try it on browsers, applications and file managers. Clicking down doesn't cause the event to fire unless you let go of the button over the icon.

I found a number of examples (Like popup option menus) where mouse button down is used to trigger the event but this is due to the UI having no click/drag functionality.]

The is the same for left and right mouse buttons. Menus or application launches shouldn't happen on mouse button down.

Thats normal in fact thats how you ninja port before somebody in a TP beacon tongue press hold let go in last moment

JasAlt wrote:

Thats normal in fact thats how you ninja port before somebody in a TP beacon tongue press hold let go in last moment

Again, that is a button. Not a list element. Targeting computer does not have buttons.

My mouse used to do this but for a different game. The button was worn out.

I bought a new mouse and problem gone.