Topic: Scheduled server downtime - 2013-03-22

The server will be down for patching on 2013-03-22 from 15:00 CET. Estimated downtime will be 3 hours.

The patch will contain lots of fixes and some general improvements.

Re: Scheduled server downtime - 2013-03-22

DEV Zoom wrote:

The server will be down for patching on 2013-03-22 from 15:00 CET. Estimated downtime will be 3 hours.

The patch will contain lots of fixes and some general improvements.

Is that an accurate date or should we expect it three to six months late like your other dev posts?

Improvements? I would love a speedier client!

RIP PERPETUUM

improvements you say... this will remain to be seen.   Or any of the "improvements"  part of the 3  you said 3 months ago ?

Thanks  lot Zoom smile

Patch notes ? smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

is the indy patching coming today?

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

No, I would have highlighted that and written a blog if that would be the case.

Patch notes: http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2013-03-22

10 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-03-22 17:51:08)

Thank you for all your hard work!!  Yay for 6 month sell orders!!

Nice, looks like lots of little but needed fixes, thanks. Cant wait to log in and see.

Good job smile

dont like the 500m range for mobile teles with stationary teles

Change: Reduced the no-deploy radius of mobile teleport beacons from 1000m to 500m, but now the rule also applies to fixed teleport stations, beside terminals and other teleport beacons.

What does this mean, we've been deploying mobile teleport beacons 500m from each other since forever?

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

The new thing is that this rule now also applies to static teleport buildings. So you can't deploy mobile teleports near fixed teleports.

Btw we're obviously delayed a bit due to some unexpected issues (as always), but we're now wrapping it up.

So you Fixed a bunch of stuff that needed to be fixed since....gamma release? made moving around more of a ***, and nothing really new that was promisedwas added.  Way to go.......

Oh FFS ppl just ^#^%$ for fixes and tweaks to the devs.   But when somebody makes a site where u can say all your racist slurs and what not then you applaud that person.    I'm glad to see game still gets patches/fixes and hopefully getting ready for steam release this year.   Only thing got me out of guard was the teleport deploy change, for sure a game changers for transports and time to adapt

Thanks again devs

We're up now.

Thanks for the patch. Seems good changes at all, although for some changes like 180 day buy/sell order it will take some time to learn their real merits and flaws.

DEV Zoom wrote:

The new thing is that this rule now also applies to static teleport buildings. So you can't deploy mobile teleports near fixed teleports.

1 thing I'm unclear on;

Does that mean you can now deploy beacons 500m from gamma terminals too?

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

21 (edited by Canthra Monero 2013-03-22 19:50:26)

Ok, who is the numbnuts behind the 500m mobile tele by fixed tele rule? I realize this could be a way to "force pvp" but really? it isnt going to. First of all moving around alphas is ridiculous what is any purpose of doing that on alphas other than force people out of the game due to boredom. The same aspect on betas, it still just slows people down with no upside. Please dont meddle in rules that have been around for 2 years and no one has said a word about that just pisses people off. Freakin ***. Besides the fact stop messing around with little *** like this and do useful stuff like that big patch that you promised within the next 3 months, when was that? december? tick tock.....

Ya know i actually have to agree with canthra 100%, Thats excately the frustration level of this game. NO ONE HAS COMPLAINED about putting tele's down. NO ONE suggested it, but there you guys go and change it. But yea canthra  +1

Syndic wrote:

Does that mean you can now deploy beacons 500m from gamma terminals too?

Yes, the ranges are now consistently 500m for everything.

It's not true that noone suggested the change. I got a few reports that some people are playing teleport games on the internal teleport loops using mobile teleports.

24 (edited by Celebro 2013-03-22 20:53:23)

DEV Zoom wrote:

I got a few reports that some people are playing teleport games on the internal teleport loops using mobile teleports.

So.. people are playing the tp game, so what, now I need to walk 500m each time I jump and deploy mobile tp, why?

Now people will complain even more.

RIP PERPETUUM

Maybe remove  this rules on alpha islands only.