Topic: Green Yellow Blue

Well I am not exactly a trial account but am coming close the the end of my downgrade options and figure some more info in the trial section of the forums couldn't hurt.

At some point I plan on venturing out and engaging in some pvp fun.. Looking for info is a bit hard because of the changes to bots from early stages to now. So if a few vets wouldn't mind adding to this thread some of their opinions on which bots they like and why it would help not only myself but others that are at or nearing this crossroad. Also I am not looking for builds just basics of what you use and why you think it works better for you.

currently I can run both Artemis(yellow mech) and Tyrannos(green mech).

Yellow: I find their lasers to be awesome , almost never miss(thou the ground takes a beating at times)
           Hp is great but also they seem a bit slow..

Green: missiles are fun but miss kinda often.. I get more sunrise killers than I would think with base 90% guidance.

Blue : I tried up to Assault.. EM have nice alpha strikes. Quick bots...

So I guess I am hoping to see what others chose and why and use some of your experience to guide me to my final choice..

2 (edited by Annihilator 2013-02-24 20:15:48)

Re: Green Yellow Blue

the missile miss chance will go away once you skill up the extension for it - you can reduce it to zero misses.
The current advantage of Green bots is the ability to use shields as defense and the Ballistc LoS of the missiles.
For PvE - Easy mode farming since you can do it out of cover and long range, with no worries about Energy,
In PvP - the Shielded Tyrannos shines in small scale battles, the Gropho in Big battles.

Yellow bots and lasers - i say is for masochists in PvE, because energy management is painfull with them.
In PvP their range can be a good advantage, when you got someone pumping energy into your back. Artemis is also often used for brawling because its good buffer-tank.

Blue bots are solo-friendly Bots. They are fast, deal good burst damage, and their repair bonus enables them to actively repair themselfs, some fits even within combat. Personally, i don't like the high chance to miss, even with maxed extensions.
You can see even blue Assaults in PvP fights due to their DPS beeing enough to bring down Mechs fast

In the End - take whatever you like, they all have their roles in PvP, and you probably wont do much pvp alone anyway. FieldCommander will most time ask you to bring anything that meets the speed or range minimum they want to roll out - not to go in a specific bot.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

For a single account player I would take the green bots for PVE, their DPS is the lowest but you don't need to worry about accumulator issues you can also change range on the field when needed with the ammo, and there is no need to factor LOS. Given enough skill you can take any mob using tactics without any support bot.

For PVP is more a personal choice the waspish has good range, the tyrannos has the best tank with shield, the gropho is quite fun to use either shield or passive tank.

RIP PERPETUUM

Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like I will go green for now. With enough money thrown at them the dps isn't to bad either.. Trying different LoS shots , over a short wall kills are fun .

learn to love hills.... they are your friend as a green bot smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

6 (edited by Burial 2013-03-04 14:02:36)

Seth is a great all-around heavy mech. With green, you can train Ictus in the future which is very useful for smaller engagements where the Gropho doesn't really shine. Mesmer is probably best for small scale PVP and gank but the range it can get can often be limiting factor.. and thats when you need Vagabond if you want to participate while being blue.

They all work in one way or another, but general guideline:
If you don't know what to pick, pick yellow.
If you like small scale PVP, go blue.
If you like larger scale PVP and sieges, go green.