Topic: How to balance a 50ker vs a 20ker?

Any good ideas on how to overcome a 50ker who man handles your favorite spawn? Moving isnt a good one, as there are tons of 50kers at many of the lower level spawns in assaults.

I think its a game flaw, these 50kers have no reason to move on to better NPCs because they make better money stealing the newer peoples areas.

Its impossible to out tag them, stacked amplifiers, alt accounts with remote amps, and 30k more EP to stack tag timer.

One option, which is right, is to just wait 4 or 5 monthes.. And this advantage will even out.

Alot of MMORPGs barely survive the 5 month mark, so I dont think its a valid option to tell 20kers to just wait 5 monthes of being at the mercy of 50kers.

Any productive ideas on how to handle this extremely problematic misbalance?

Again im mostly discussing how these 50kers have NO SOLID reason to leave early farming spots, because of the loot imbalance.

Re: How to balance a 50ker vs a 20ker?

Leave the alpha island and join a good corporation.

The Game

ECM + *** = 124124124ker dead

lol

There are a few threads about this, as you already know since you have been posting in them.
For what it is worth i agree, and have been saying this was a problem since early on.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Its the same as eve if you want to compete then play the game if you complain about the ep variations maybe this game isnt for you. get some friends go on a roam have some fun.

I can see your point to an extent, but I do not believe it is the mechanics of the game with an issue. I see it as a content issue, IE there just isn't enough of it, but in time I'm sure there will be.

I am throwing about 8.5k EP down the drain by switching colours if that helps.

Vesin wrote:

Its the same as eve if you want to compete then play the game if you complain about the ep variations maybe this game isnt for you. get some friends go on a roam have some fun.

I keep hearing the get friends line.. What will that accomplish? What if my friends are 20kers too?

Are we going to magically form Megatron and out EP a 50ker? MEGATRON ASSEMBLE! EP SURGINGGGGGGGGGG FIRREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! ROFL.

And I dont think EVE offered an addition 30k EP at their launch, so it wouldnt be 'same as eve'. Also how is playing the game being competetive? Youre contradicting yourself.. Ingame play DOES not effect EP growth, so actually playing or not is exactly the same in that regard. Which nullifies your response completely.

Im shocked that even suposed 'good' PvPers like M2S answer this problem with "Just zerg your enemy.".

Stick with telling me to quit crying, because rebuttaling isnt working too well. Either way im going to play and im having fun with my friends, but it doesnt change that its pretty imbalanced.

10 (edited by Asuma 2010-12-06 03:23:33)

Funny how I've never run into this problem on my main, where one guy is completely spawn camping ever single bot in an area. I've seen groups of people spawn camping and that's fine with me, I just move on to another spot. I've run into a camper or two when trying to re-run tutorial missions but again, patience and a keen eye lets me tag what I need and move on.

Then when I'm out farming on my main, I normally only see 1-2 other people in the area and there is plenty of mobs to go around, sometimes i have to back off cause I'm taking too much fire.

Here is a suggestion, MOVE AWAY FROM THE STARTING AREA. There are plenty of good farming spots around every island, take a walk and you'll find one all for yourself.

Why are people always trying to out-lock other people in an area that is camped? MOVE on, ohh wait, farm DRONES they are everywhere and guess what their kernels are easy, fasters and on a ratio of time/reward better than the higher lvl kernels if you are farming alone.

I've begun to rant, peace out, and stop with the QQ

Vorgrim Scout wrote:

I am throwing about 8.5k EP down the drain by switching colours if that helps.

I wasted some EP and money as well, so i can pilot light bots from each faction XD ohh and I can drive an Argano too. hahaha

Alexander wrote:

Leave the alpha island and join a good corporation.

He tried.  And failed.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

If you feel behind then our job is done..
You're not behind and if you're relying on EP to keep you alive it's not going to happen. EP isn't a shield.

Those few % from extensions that the early access player got from signing up early (Which everyone could have done) is hardly an "I win!" button.

The Game

The point here is that the risk vs reward calculation for higher skill pilots is skewed.  It should be more rewarding for assault mech owners to do higher teir missions and camps, but in general it's not.

This means that the risk/reward PVE calculation sends higher skill players right back to newbie mission spawns.

Risk vs reward needs to be recalculated for high end light mech / low end assault mech pilots.  There need to be a lot more 1st star and servant type spawns that have nothing to do with missions.  There should be more spawns of single assault mechs, maybe with 1 or 2 lights.

Basically one goes from newb missions to 2-assault 2-light mech spawns, most of which have some sort of ECM or energy drain.  Thats a rough fight for a low skill assault pilot or most light pilots.

Personally, when I log in today, I'll be in a Waspish, doing L1 agent missions, to raise faction.  That will put me right on top of a lot of aske pilots and light mech pilots.  As soon as possible I'll move to L2's, but it's going to take at least a few more hours.

It really shouldn't be like this.  I don't like stepping on the toes of aske pilots and other younger players while I'm still in PVEland

This 50ker is the most dangerous agent.  Seems the EP system is working as intended.

"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

15 (edited by Weapon X 2010-12-06 08:11:30)

Doc Iridium wrote:

The point here is that the risk vs reward calculation for higher skill pilots is skewed.  It should be more rewarding for assault mech owners to do higher teir missions and camps, but in general it's not.

This means that the risk/reward PVE calculation sends higher skill players right back to newbie mission spawns.

Risk vs reward needs to be recalculated for high end light mech / low end assault mech pilots.  There need to be a lot more 1st star and servant type spawns that have nothing to do with missions.  There should be more spawns of single assault mechs, maybe with 1 or 2 lights.

Basically one goes from newb missions to 2-assault 2-light mech spawns, most of which have some sort of ECM or energy drain.  Thats a rough fight for a low skill assault pilot or most light pilots.

Personally, when I log in today, I'll be in a Waspish, doing L1 agent missions, to raise faction.  That will put me right on top of a lot of aske pilots and light mech pilots.  As soon as possible I'll move to L2's, but it's going to take at least a few more hours.

It really shouldn't be like this.  I don't like stepping on the toes of aske pilots and other younger players while I'm still in PVEland

Exactly this.

I wish I grinded mission rep during the early access. Its incredibly slow to do now. I started to do the search and destroy missions but those are where the even newer arkhe players are.

Its sad to hear ppl in assaults farming those lvl 1 spawns. Go learn to farm an assault spawn efficiently.

In fact why did they halve the buy order for assault kernels anyway?!? Way to perpetuate the problem!

Selling kernals to NPC buy orders is the main NIC faucet in the game.

17 (edited by Kaito Kurusaki 2010-12-06 08:48:57)

Heh I still make more money doing lvl 2 missions. No competition and I can sell each T2 kernel for 11k. I also get alot of resist plates that sell for 100k++
And the mobs are hardly difficult. Usually 5volleys each from my Bapho.

Selling kernels to NPC buy orders is a waste. So many players are completely ignorant to how much more money they can make with a few hundred EP into sell orders.

Only problem I see is that NPC buy orders on kernels are set too high. They should be lower while the mission rewards should be higher.

The problem is getting to L2 missions - it's not fast.  It's not terribly slow either - IF you have the locking speed to actually get npcs.

Until you get L2 missions and can actually kill the enemies without absurd risk, camping newbie spawns is best risk vs reward.

Doc Iridium wrote:

Youre above the standard, most of the people in this thread got caught in my troll trap, precisely like I wanted them to.

But youre hitting on the actually problem which wont fade as easily as 50ker's obnoxious advantages.

There is some really cool people in this game though, who share spawns or ask if your doing missions or leave to go fight harder stuff. I was amazed by the community thus far and most of the *** are just trolls (like myself). Even so in this day and age of MMOs you cant have a system that relys on people doing the right thing.

As is the MOBs are rather tacked on and seemingly devoid of any thought behind them.

20 (edited by franko 2010-12-07 07:10:25)

In early stage game you cant.
In such competetive enviroment it was very strange decision to give someone 30k EP for free(even stranger because most early players had beta experience), you can outsell, outtarget, outproduce, you can have earlier assault etc.
3 weeks playing time is not nothing like they say, when others have less than week and you never can catch up because of linearity of EP.

In several months not only will the difference in Ep not be as noticable but the game will be better.

Learn Patience.

Arkhes kill assaults, if your having skill issues ask people in corp for help on ep spending.

Vesin wrote:

Arkhes kill assaults, if your having skill issues ask people in corp for help on ep spending.

I know your tactic for that.. I think you mean 22 Arkhes kill an Assault.

Regardless it means nothing in this thread and does not refute the point in any way shape or form.

This has to be a troll.

There is no way a maximum EP difference whine thread would be started so soon after the game was released

Decon wrote:

This has to be a troll.

There is no way a maximum EP difference whine thread would be started so soon after the game was released

Oh man thats a shame, AXE is so big that their newer players dont pick up on any info?

Sadly youre trying the opposite arguement of whats been the norm. 50k EP (early access) vs 20k EP (25th and on) has been almost totally agreed (obviously) to be a huge advantage early on.

What you meant to say, but got confused or flustered, was that it will even out in several years.. So whats the big deal. Ill assume you would have gone with that, had you been informed on what you were discussing.