1 (edited by Xadhoom 2013-02-14 18:25:20)

Topic: Shield reactivating time needs to be long

please increase the time in which someone can turn shield off and back on by additional 10 sec's.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

Re: Shield reactivating time needs to be long

that would improve the game in which way?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Time is to short you can't visibly see the shield are down before they go back up, this is what needs to be changed because it give an unfair advantage over other bots.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

then the FX needs to be fixed, not the cycletime

or more serious - the shield should not work during the cooldown-cycle

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

just fix the FX like the above post mentioned, anything else is just breaking the game and taking what you see as a problem and reversing the roles

I think problem is exist and would be cool if we could fix it.

So basically Xadhoom is right somewhere.

I would like to add +1 just a bit better chance to 1 vs 1 against a shielded bot. So if we can hit at least 1 guns to them they need to be care at least and not just kill me as dumb as needed. Now we cant hit any time a shielded bot, that is annoying (or just for me).

But also true the shield usage need many many practicing at least I cant use that effectiveley than others who experienced in shield usage so that is also a profession I dont want to brake they game just would like to some chance to my little arbalest.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

If something like that was done then Pelistal DPS needs to get bumped up, as a shield fit Tyrannos can get 2 shooted by a Kain, so...  maybe fix the FX but anything else would require alot more balancing then just increasing the cycle time of the shield.

Lucian Night wrote:

If something like that was done then Pelistal DPS needs to get bumped up, as a shield fit Tyrannos can get 2 shooted by a Kain, so...  maybe fix the FX but anything else would require alot more balancing then just increasing the cycle time of the shield.

+1

The whole shield either needs a lot of work or balancing or leaving as is and buffing other colors a bit.

So take away our ability to do any DPS at all or turn us into cannon fodder for doing 2 dps roll

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

does that mean ERP needs to be nerfed on kain MK2 / mesmer MK2 too?

l420I wrote:
Lucian Night wrote:

+1

+1
+legslot.

Lucian is already OP, so he should get a -1 head and leg slot.

IF this would happen you WILL start seeing armor tyrs.

That wouldn't be the greatest thing in the world.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

IF this would happen you WILL start seeing armor tyrs.

pre-repair-tuning-nerf that was actually a very good alternative.

Solution to imbalance:

NERF ERP.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

I cant kill troiar, tyrannos nearly never in 1v1 if they fit well. with my yagel, arbalest, kain. This means the alone PVP machine is tyrannos, and troiar. And I am a nuimqol player, what should I do.

We know any bot that can manage that? I know you can fit specifically to the enemy but most of time you need to use regular fittings.

My experience is old, If you know better let me know.

So basically this is the problem I think. And also dont want to brake the green bots users just showed the problem if we can solve would be cool.

Also waspish have some advantage. Oh yes and the missile advantage also here. as -LOS. Plus you need just change ammo to use gauss gun or em gun. So I cant use gauss for good, if he use compact smite after shield I cant be go close also.

(We will check with SupremeGhandi)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

I can not kill anyone with one shot? Let's reduce the number of robots in all of life and remove the slots in the legs

RIP PERPETUUM

Sounds like you wanna start training Green bots Inda.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Inda wrote:

I cant kill troiar, tyrannos nearly never in 1v1 if they fit well. with my yagel, arbalest, kain. This means the alone PVP machine is tyrannos, and troiar. And I am a nuimqol player, what should I do.

We know any bot that can manage that? I know you can fit specifically to the enemy but most of time you need to use regular fittings.

My experience is old, If you know better let me know.

So basically this is the problem I think. And also dont want to brake the green bots users just showed the problem if we can solve would be cool.

Also waspish have some advantage. Oh yes and the missile advantage also here. as -LOS. Plus you need just change ammo to use gauss gun or em gun. So I cant use gauss for good, if he use compact smite after shield I cant be go close also.

(We will check with SupremeGhandi)

It's all about what you fit solo.  Almost everything I own now has a neut on it.  Why?  Trioar mk2s.  If we roam in a group were a dedicated ictus is not present I make all the pilots fit a neut on whatever. 

-1 to the OP

Trying to remove the one functioning feature about a tyrannos just to let it get *** by speed kains again is very discouraging.  Keep as is and fit for the fight.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

mk2 t4 Kain can kill tank fitted mk2 t4 tyr 1v1. Tested

Alexadar wrote:

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Alexadar wrote:

+1 just got to get lucky on cycle times and have a good fit! And skillz pay billz

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

24 (edited by Burial 2013-02-28 14:52:33)

Sure it can if fitted especially for Tyros. Can't if Tyro is fitted exactly to counter that fit.. I think it is like it should. But shields still need some work. big_smile

Just make that first cycle on shield activation does nothing. Then optionally add an extension to decrease shield cycle time to balance that.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086