Topic: Need confirmation on this by the DEVs - Accounts.

First off there has been much said on the Forums about "gifted accounts / account sharing, call it what you may. The talk around the water cooler is that this now has the DEVs blessing.

If this is true & it is being done in a responsible & managed why by the DEVs then great. But i havnt seen any official statement about this on the forums.

If this is true then as a consumer i like to have the agreement aka EULA to be some what inline with what AC actually does & doesn't allow.

I refer to EULA section: Subscription and deleting an account

* It is forbidden to share account details with anyone, trade or sell Perpetuum accounts, in-game items, characters, money, etc in any way outside the game. In this case both the seller's and the buyer's characters and accounts may be terminated by AC.

Ive been told some have placed support tickets about this but thats not the same.

So i guess this boils down to the following:

1. If Gifted accounts are allowed & all we need to do is inform the DEVS which account you want to gift, so they can make a note in it so it won't get banned.

2. Will you amend the EULA to allow account "trading"?

To allow for a fair & even playing field for ALL members of this Community can a DEv please make comment on this.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

2 (edited by Mouse Slayer 2013-02-01 03:44:44)

Re: Need confirmation on this by the DEVs - Accounts.

WOW

Just WOW,

You guys go on and on about it.  You get your but kicked and the only thing you can do against the people kicking your but is try to get them in trouble about some dumb acccount thing.

Lets see, you guys invented the account sharing and your silly leader rubbed it in....

Take your but beating like men and stop with this nonsense.

for real

also, everyone knows that Dev Zoom, a few days ago, in GC said to everyone that people can gift accounts to other people, which is not the same as two people using the same account back and forth

just drop it and go QQ on your about to be lost island

also, in before Vill says some nonsense that we are tired of hearing over and over again that will most likely get removed anyways because hes a rageaholic

Okay, once and for all:

1. Account sharing is still a bannable offense. This means when two or more people are using the same account, taking turns.

2. We won't ban anyone for gifting an account, but you risk the security of the account by doing so, and we won't take any responsibility regarding the new owner after this happens. If you are not the original owner of an account and you or the other guy comes complaining to us that someone tricked the other or whatever dispute there is, we'll be obliged to return it to the original owner.

3. No, we won't include this in the EULA. The very reason the EULA calls this forbidden is to clear us (AC) from any responsibility if you got your account from someone else. There is no official way to do this, and we can't prove anything what happened during anyone's deal.

4 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2013-02-01 06:08:18)

thank you thats all i wanted confirmed. just one more thing...

If i have an account & i gift it to a friend & he then gifts it back to me a month a week or 1 day later thats ok as well & not counted as account sharing?

Edit: one other thing if me or any one else wanted to gift an account do we have to submit a support ticket to let yas know what we are doing?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

5 (edited by Celebro 2013-02-01 10:09:37)

DEV Zoom wrote:

2. We won't ban anyone for gifting an account, but you risk the security of the account by doing so, and we won't take any responsibility regarding the new owner after this happens.

The EULA clearly states it is forbidden to share your account details with anyone. Gifting an account breaks this rule, either change this part of the EULA, (no need to include anything) or stop supporting this unofficial stance.

What 'new owner'? There's only one owner: the person who created the account. The 'gifted' player is at the account creator's mercy. Therefore the original owner will still remain and the account has not really been gifted.

RIP PERPETUUM

IMO "sharing" means together usage by old and new owner. When you "gift" it, you should stop using it, also new owner is free to change e-mail and password.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

If i have an account & i gift it to a friend & he then gifts it back to me a month a week or 1 day later thats ok as well & not counted as account sharing?

There is no rule for it, so it depends on our consideration. But that already sounds fishy.

Edit: one other thing if me or any one else wanted to gift an account do we have to submit a support ticket to let yas know what we are doing?

No you don't have to. It won't make it any more official since there is no official way to do it.

Celebro wrote:

The EULA clearly states it is forbidden to share your account details with anyone. Gifting an account breaks this rule, either change this part of the EULA, (no need to include anything) or stop supporting this unofficial stance.

Is it forbidden? Yes. Can we stop people doing it? No. But we don't support it, I thought I made that one clear.

What´s the purpose of all this whishiwashi explantation? Either make it a viable method to trade your account and state the rules how to go about it, within the EULA, or keep this exploitable method out of the game alltogether.
It is so predictable, what is going to happen next.

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

...If i have an account & i gift it to a friend & he then gifts it back to me a month a week or 1 day later thats ok as well & not counted as account sharing?...

this is exactly how ppl will argue, when "sharing", in the future.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

So I'm generalizing...  So lets say player Markle has access to account Tg_shi and Markle places TG_Sha in a staging area.  Then Markle invites the original account owner of TG_Shi to join in operation that evening, so he gifts the account back over to the original owner.  The operation completes and then the original owner TG_Shi gifts the account back to Markle who moves the account back to destination. 

I'm just generalizing here and not calling anyone out.  But according to your standards this is legal, or is this fishy?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

See, this is exactly why we can't and won't create exact rules. If there are rules, people will always push it and dance on the edge. Not knowing exactly at least makes you think twice about trying it. The current rules say it's forbidden and we MAY punish it, end of story.