Topic: Missing "Executive" as a basic career path

I chose the word Executive as this would be similar to the way Industrialist works but with trade skills, leadership and corporation management as the aim. The icon should be about money, power but less about the robot. (I mean most traders see the arse end of a Lithus most of the time so try and make it fancy). They're good at hauling, trading and all that jazz.

I notice this basic career path was missing while working on the Wiki.

Any ideas? I know trader isn't that well played but I don't see why Perpetuum can't have traders. Buy and sell.. Might stimulate the economy. Or at least give it another little prod. tongue

Re: Missing "Executive" as a basic career path

Alexander wrote:

I chose the word Executive as this would be similar to the way Industrialist works but with trade skills, leadership and corporation management as the aim. The icon should be about money, power but less about the robot. (I mean most traders see the arse end of a Lithus most of the time so try and make it fancy). They're good at hauling, trading and all that jazz.

I notice this basic career path was missing while working on the Wiki.

Any ideas? I know trader isn't that well played but I don't see why Perpetuum can't have traders. Buy and sell.. Might stimulate the economy. Or at least give it another little prod. tongue

Mechanics are in place to make this viable , though not very convenient. Private transport assignments was added recently though it does not have all the options , that I would have hoped for. I would like to set my transport to a specific player or corporation. Even internally 'corp transport' can help leaders with moving items whilst giving rewards to corp members.

Right now there is little market activity for this career path, we just need more players.

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: Missing "Executive" as a basic career path

The career as trader is possible and viable. And I know agents that did at least 90% of their income by  trading goods they bought before on market. Nevertheless in general, the career as trader is a hard way, as you have problems predicting demand and offer development.
And for this profession is the low population more benefit than problem. As few buyers, means also few seller, which in end increases profit per order in a way, that you can compete with buy/sell order only against producer.