1 (edited by Jasdemi 2010-12-05 12:04:12)

Topic: Why I'm leaving PO

First of all. PO is really good. Sure it lacks content, but it'll come with time.

Still the almighty Jasdemi can't keep subbing for one simple reason:

You practically copied pretty much EVERYTHING from my favourite MMORPG, EVE Online. I simply can't support you in this matter. This hurts my conscience.

It's like betraying a hot blonde with some hot black chick. (You know what I mean) xD

Nonetheless I wish you, Avatar Creations, good luck and success with PO.

\o/

Re: Why I'm leaving PO

Well i for one am pleased to see you leaving.

Your corp thefts had to end at some point, and getting regularly flame grill whoppered in general chat can only last so long, even for a *** like you!

3 (edited by nardiana 2010-12-05 12:59:18)

Yes it's eve with little robot but i play eve too and being on land with terrain that count is refreshing i find smile what are your eve char in eve Jasdemi ? we should eve player make a perpetum-online channel in eve smile

errrr you corp thief ? then forget it then ^^

4 (edited by Apher 2010-12-05 13:06:10)

While you're at it don't forget to pop up on WoW forums and remind their fans how their game copied everything from Everquest. And Lotro players that it's nothing more than cheap copy of WoW.

Tell Mortal Online fans that they playing UO ripoff.

And don't hesistete to go and spam some OpenOffice forums on how they copied everything from MS Office tongue.

j/k

The bottom line is that I've been waiting for 6 years for Eve to introduce more dynamic combat system and more direct control over your vessels (the main reasons I only lasted 3 weeks there) and somehow I've got the feeling that if Avatar didn't step up I would wait another 6.

Edit: Also even if it was the exact copy indeed then I'd still play it just for being EvE with a server wipe.

5 (edited by Jasdemi 2010-12-05 13:36:59)

I'm kind of proud that I committed the first corp theft in PO history. If someone decides to write a wiki article about corp thefts, don't forget to mention me there. big_smile

Jasdemi wrote:

I'm kind of proud that I committed the first corp theft in PO history. If someone decides to write a wiki article about corp thefts, don't forget to mention me there. big_smile

Pretty sure it isn't, unless you mean during live.

Roxi wrote:
Jasdemi wrote:

Live is year zero, not betas as none cares about their reputations in there.

Jasdemi wrote:
Roxi wrote:
Jasdemi wrote:

Live is year zero, not betas as none cares about their reputations in there.

and noone cares about a little attention ***..so shhh smile

Can I haz your stuff you nicked?

your stuff, i can has?

Jasdemi wrote:

First of all. PO is really good. Sure it lacks content, but it'll come with time.

You practically copied pretty much EVERYTHING from my favourite MMORPG, EVE Online. I simply can't support you in this matter. This hurts my conscience.

It's like betraying a hot blonde with some hot black chick. (You know what I mean) xD

\o/

Don't worry, Siddy is going back to EVE so he can see you over there. smile

You'll probably be missed by someone or maybe even remember for a short while. Congrats.

The Game

Jasdemi wrote:

\o/

Attentionwhoring much?

I dont think it copies Eve enough tbh.

Cant link items, no igb, no 'contracts',  no 'shareholder' system, no remote marketing even slower skill learning, even slower traveling, no movement tracking penaltys, no kill mails email bound accounts... just to name a few.

The things it does copy from eve are the bad parts, like 'blob' warfare, mundane pve, forced multiple account system, laggy un-responsive modules.

There are quite a few things PO does better than Eve, but I feel it needs to take more of the good eve points and discard the eve bad points..  then it would be different enough that people dont cry "copy n paste"

Cool story bro.

Jasdemi wrote:

I have equal room in my heart for both hot blonds and hot black chicks.

Jasdemi wrote:

\o/

Who are you?

But goodbye man, hope you have fun warping. The game took everything awesome from EVE and made it not feel like an empty virtual outer space.

Lastly I wouldnt even make an example involving hot chicks, all the while running back to bang stEVE right in his chocolate starfish.

The game was literally just released and you have already stolen from a corp?  You guys might not want his stuff, just in case...  tongue

Jasdemi wrote:

\o/

If this game havent been this close to eve then i wouldent have playd it big_smile

19 (edited by Jasdemi 2010-12-05 23:35:03)

Tiller wrote:

If this game havent been this close to eve then i wouldent have playd it big_smile

Yeah, same here. BUT they even copied the layout of several windows, yet AC devs claim that they never heard something about or played EVE.

Jasdemi wrote:
Tiller wrote:

Yeah, same here. BUT they even copied the layout of several windows, yet AC devs claim that they never heard something about or played EVE.

Wow, great Jedi powers, that you know what the Devs did.  The Farce is strong in this one...

If you want to do something in the best possible way, there are a LIMITED number of solutions.  Similar environments will require similar solutions.  So, considering the functionality that the DEVS were trying to achieve, it is not surprising that the game interface would bear strong similarities to stEVE.

Please to engage brain before activating mouth...

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

Jasdemi wrote:

\o/

1/10  Would not read again.

Oh what the heck, I'll give it a try...

Your stuffz, I can haz?

See ya smile

byeeeiiii! ^_^

Okey!! WHAT is stEVE!!!

I so want to play it what ever it is now \o/