Topic: Player made content

With the Dev team as small as it is I would like to see some focus on creating the tools for the players to create their own content rather than us waiting for the Dev team to produce things. With that in mind I would like to see the following things added:

Deployable intractable objects

What is it?

Think specimin saps but they would look like the mission access points found around Nia

How would it work?

These would be able to be dropped by players anywhere on beta, gamma and alpha with them self destructing after a certain timelimit of none use. The player would be able to set what the 'specimin sap' was requesting and then set a reward. For instance - I might set up a sap next to a liquizit field and reward each unit of liquizit with a corresponding amount of nic. I might put it next to a spawn whose kernals I need and reward it with T4 demobalisers.

Why would it work?

It allows corps to set their own people targets with rewards based upon it. It would be a content generator - especially for the all important single player. More importantly it would give the framework for the future allowing your playerbase to create the content for you rather than having to go through the time consuming process of doing it yourself.

Split out clientside the models for bots, mechs and buildings

What is it?

Currently all of the models for things that you see in Nia are client side inside the main program. I suggest changing that so the client has a folder with each of these inside it allowing the playerbase to change those models how they see fit.

How would it work?

WOT is a good example of how a game changes for the better when the playerbase is given the ability to adapt how you can see and interact with the game. It would allow players to create tactical overlays with polygons denoting different bot types, the budding graphic artists out there would create new marvelous bot designs and i'm sure we'd have the occasional giant ***.

Why would it work?

It would push the playerbase to innovate and create tools for pvp, pve and pvb. Once they become widely used and established the devs with thanks would add these ideas into the game thereby cutting development time. It gives the players the ability to potentially reduce lag around Gamma bases, get that pink Gropho they always wanted and work together to push the boundries or a game they love. It would also be an important differentiation from stEVE.

Thats it for now. I think of the two the first is the quickest win and most important. I'm probably wrong but it doesn't seem that big of a change from existing mechanics either.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Re: Player made content

Good set of ideas to expand the game, not sure how hard the latter would be development wise

RIP PERPETUUM

i like the 2nd idea... would be cool to see that smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

4 (edited by Rabus0 2012-12-18 23:18:28)

+1 FOR TOPIC FOR NOW..

Modding could be interesting, allowing players to enhance robots textures and stuff.