Topic: Standings Reset

Standings are currently fairly meaningless in Perp except for 50 points (in reality a max of about 35) at Indy facilities and access to higher level missions/sparks.

It seems that the DEVs have been discussing PvE 2.0 for some months and I was just curious:

If there is to be a fundamental root and branch change to PvE (standings must surely play a big part in that), how acceptable would a reset of all standings to 0.0 be to players?

If the whole system was to change and the current meaning of standings replaced with something infinitely superior I would be happy with a reset despite the many many hours I've spent grinding. What am I really losing if everything is different?

I'm just curious what others would feel about it. After all, if the DEVs knew that on the whole we didn't mind, it might give them much more creative freedom with PvE 2.0

Re: Standings Reset

Keeping unlocked sparks open for those that have unlocked them.

As long as that happens I wouldn't be to hurt over it.

My indy toon would need to be worked on again but I never really recovered from when they revamped the missions relations vs indy relations (my golden triangle hauler = my indy toon) after that I had a long grind to even get 3.5 with missions that weren't really indy missions.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

If PvE 2.0 brings more:

1) Drive forever to obscure point A
2) Complete repetitive tasks b through e,
3) Drive forever back to the terminal
4) Rinse and repeat 20-30 times to get to next tier

Then, I'd rather not waste the time I've invested getting relations over 7 in hopes of new, high-level missions.  If PvE brings new and interesting low-level missions, one can always try them out, even with high standing.

Regards,

SPoT

SirPrized wrote:

If PvE 2.0 brings more:

1) Drive forever to obscure point A
2) Complete repetitive tasks b through e,
3) Drive forever back to the terminal
4) Rinse and repeat 20-30 times to get to next tier

Then, I'd rather not waste the time I've invested getting relations over 7 in hopes of new, high-level missions.  If PvE brings new and interesting low-level missions, one can always try them out, even with high standing.

Regards,

SPoT

I was thinking that standings could be used for much more content than just assignments with a reset to zero.

If acquiring standing and its consequences is changed fundamentally it would be unfair that those who got 7.0 the old way had all the new benefits without having to go down the new route.

If a reset isn't going to start a revolt the DEVs can be much more creative with PvE and consider things like a full on Syndicate store, standing pre-requisite modules, outpost access, whole island access, NPCs being openly hostile to you even on alpha 1, rights to deploy field devices on certain islands. Not necessarily saying any of these things would be good bad but if we we're all back at square one many many doors become open.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

I was thinking that standings could be used for much more content than just assignments with a reset to zero.

If acquiring standing and its consequences is changed fundamentally it would be unfair that those who got 7.0 the old way had all the new benefits without having to go down the new route.

If a reset isn't going to start a revolt the DEVs can be much more creative with PvE and consider things like a full on Syndicate store, standing pre-requisite modules, outpost access, whole island access, NPCs being openly hostile to you even on alpha 1, rights to deploy field devices on certain islands. Not necessarily saying any of these things would be good bad but if we we're all back at square one many many doors become open.

Good point(s). Implementing ideas such as you've mentioned would make a reset and the subsequent grinding worth enduring.

Regards,

SPoT

some time ago i suggested standing to be something fluent, following the backgroundstory - and giving factions a meaning, while also enabling something called "piracy" into this game.

a standing "reset" wouldn't be really necessary as it would do that on its own over a short time (negative standings from "hostile" factions per mission, and decreasing standing when you are not working for a company)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

7 (edited by Heliaso 2012-12-09 11:29:42)

I don't want a standings reset, it's so long and boring to up the relations.

=> lol

check my standings : http://i.imgur.com/jAntS.png
and i reached this level before the revamp of assignement when it existed 9 corporation instead of only 3 now by faction with negative standing ><

Heliaso wrote:

I don't want a standings reset, it's so long and boring to up the relations.

=> lol

check my standings : http://i.imgur.com/jAntS.png
and i reached this level before the revamp of assignement when it existed 9 corporation instead of only 3 now by faction with negative standing ><

CAREBEAR SPOTTED :DDD

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

I like Pve but i like PVP too => http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=agent&name=Angelwing

I didn't forget you killed my mesmer MKII : http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=237940  sad

Heliaso wrote:

I like Pve but i like PVP too => http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=agent&name=Angelwing

I didn't forget you killed my mesmer MKII : http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=237940  sad

I miss you, please do come back...We miss you!

As for the topic I really don't see any foreseeable reason that they would do a reset...but that's just me...they do need to reintroduce the negative faction gain for doing other factions.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Maybe a slow decay over time say .01 decay per week if you don't do any missions for that faction/corp? Hopefully with the new missions that were hinted about we wont have to run one mission 20-30 times to get that last 0.01 of relations to break threw to a new set like we do currently.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Now we know a bit more about PvE 2.0. With what's been revealed, I don't see any reason for a standings reset and would oppose one.

Regards,

SPoT